Currently there are absolutely no threads on the internet with information related to this device. I am not responsible for any damage done to your device, you assume sole responsibility for whatever you do to your devices. If you have questions, please reply to this or PM me, I'll be glad to help any of you!
Things you should know before you do anything listed in this post:
- Bootloader unlocking WILL ERASE USER DATA!!!!
- Successful root attempts disable OTA updates. (Unroot + Factory Reset MIGHT fix this)
- You must have OEM unlocking & USB debugging enabled in the developer menu.
- Common sense, don't flash anything you find on the internet randomly, you will cause irreparable damage, I learned that the hard way.
- Download & install the ADB Universal drivers & Android SDK tools (links @ bottom)
If you'd like to make a backup of your stock ROM, you can use romdump, it's a nifty tool that does exactly what it says, and it works on pretty much any rooted android phone. (yay) DL: http://d-h.st/ErS
- Download & extract to root directory of your sdcard.
- Open Root Browser (Or any file browser that's for rooted devices)
- Navigate to the path where you copied/downloaded romdump
- Move romdump to /data/local/
- Long press romdump and check all 3 rows of boxes above and press"OK"
- Open terminal emulator (or any equivalent terminal emulator app)
- Type "export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH"
- Type "su"
- Type "chmod 04755 /data/local/romdump"
- Type "/data/local/romdump"
- Wait until the process finishes, do NOT do anything with your device, set it down and leave it.
Rooting The Device:
- Have USB debugging, OEM unlocking & unknown sources enabled.
- Download & install the latest version of KingRoot.
- Swipe up three times, press "try it"
NOTICE: If your device restarts through the process, don't worry, your device isn't broken, but there's a good chance the root attempt failed.
Unlocking/Locking The Bootloader (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA!):
- Power off the BLU LIFE XL
- Hold down POWER + VOL UP until the phone turns on.
- Release POWER button, wait for the android to appear on your screen, it might say "No Command", in that case, just press the POWER button once to pull up the recovery menu.
- Use VOL DOWN to navigate down to "Reboot to bootloader" & Press VOL UP
- Plug your phone into your computer
- Navigate to your android SDK folder, and find fastboot. (If you don't have the android SDK downloaded, refer below)
- Type fastboot devices and see if your android device is recognized.
- Type "fastboot oem unlock"
- A menu should appear on your phone screen telling you about unlocking your phone, press VOL UP to unlock your bootloader, or VOL DOWN to cancel.
Alternatively, if you wish to re-lock your bootloader, follow these steps above, however type "fastboot oem lock" instead of "fastboot oem unlock"
FACTORY MODE & DEVICE TESTING MENUS:
- Power off BLU LIFE XL
- Press POWER & hold VOL DOWN until the phone turns on.
- Release grip of power button, whilst holding VOL DOWN.
Android SDK: https://dl.google.com/android/androi....1-windows.zip
ADB Universal Drivers: http://www.mediafire.com/download/uo...river_v1.0.zip