[guide] blu life xl (model: #l050u) [root / bootloader unlock / faq]

18 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By TheDarknessz0rz, Junior Member on 23rd May 2016, 02:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th September 2016, 12:42 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
This is going to sound stupid, I screwed something up when I was editing a file in /system and now I'm in a boot loop. Also, when I went ot go try to download the raw stock roms images, the download would not initiate. Could you put the upload them somewhere else or is there anything that I can do with the stock recovery that could get me out? I also do not have like anything dumped or anything. L0051UU variant by the way. Thanks in advance

25th September 2016, 02:32 AM |#12  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by br21763

This is going to sound stupid, I screwed something up when I was editing a file in /system and now I'm in a boot loop. Also, when I went ot go try to download the raw stock roms images, the download would not initiate. Could you put the upload them somewhere else or is there anything that I can do with the stock recovery that could get me out? I also do not have like anything dumped or anything. L0051UU variant by the way. Thanks in advance

I do not have any stock images, the images i have are for my device specifically, i'd have to rid the image of custom files first.
25th September 2016, 10:16 PM |#13  

More
Okay, thanks I think I understand, but is there anything that you can think of that could help me in my situation? Or would I be best off contacting BLU?
Thanks again
26th September 2016, 04:20 PM |#14  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by br21763

Okay, thanks I think I understand, but is there anything that you can think of that could help me in my situation? Or would I be best off contacting BLU?
Thanks again

well if you've got nothing to lose, I'd just try to flash the L050L firmware onto the device.
26th September 2016, 04:21 PM |#15  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sisafokker

Following @TheDarknessz0rz initial post, plus some additional help from other posts (I am a noob, needed extra help) I was able to Root my Blu XL Life. Thank you @TheDarknessz0rz for you post, I took the liberty to expand on it in to make it more "Noob friendly" :

BTW, my Blu Life XL is:
Custom Build Version: BLU_L050U_V13_GENERIC
Android Version: 5.1

This is exactly what I did:
1 - Installed Android SDK on your computer: download the program, extract, Start the "SDK Manager" file and deselect everything except “Android SDK Platform-tools”)
2 - Power off the BLU LIFE XL
3 - Hold down POWER + VOL UP until the phone turns on.
4 - Release POWER button, wait for the android to appear on your screen, it might say "No Command", in that case, just press the POWER button once to pull up the recovery menu.
5 - Use VOL DOWN to navigate down to "Reboot to bootloader" & Press VOL UP
6 - Plug your phone into your computer with a USB cable. Your phone should indicate that the device is connected.
7 - On your computer, Navigate to your android SDK folder , open the "platform-tools" subfolder and Shift+Right Click on an empty area. Choose “Open a Command Prompt Here”
8 - On your computer, On the Command Prompt: Type "fastboot devices" and see if your android device is recognized.
9 - On your computer, On the Command Prompt: Type "fastboot oem unlock"
10 - A menu should appear on your phone screen telling you about unlocking your phone, press VOL UP to unlock your bootloader, or VOL DOWN to cancel.
11 - You should see on your computer´s command prompt "OKAY, Finished total time 20.4345 sec" (approx).
12 - Your phones screen should remain black, with a few rebooting options available. In my case, I had to type on the command prompt "fastboot continue" to make the phone reboot as the "volumen up or down" were not recognized when I pressed them on my phone.
13 - Phone will be hard rebooted. All data errased.

After you have successfully unlocked your Bootloader,
Download the Kingo Root and Root Checker apps
Run Kingo Root (I had to run it two times as the first time it rebooted when at 20% and it failed) and root the device
Run Root Checker to verify the device has been rooted.
CONGRATULATIONS, this is the first step.... read below.

Once your device has been rooted, then you need to:

1) Install Custom Recovery:
I was able to install a custom recovery on my device following a youtube tutorial: search on youtube for "CUSTOM RECOVERY TWRP PARA EL BLU LIFE XL" by Luis Robert (sorry, cannot post external links)

2) Update your SU Binary (you will be told about this when you open either SuperSu or Kingo Super User...
I had massive problems updating the SU Binary, tried 5 different methods but the only one that worked was this youtube tutorial: search for "How to Replace Kinguser KingRoot with SuperSU No PC" by Iron Tech. The tutorial was meant to replace KingoRoot by SuperSU, but in the process it updated my SU Binary (I spent at least a full day trying different methods that did not work for me)

In theory, now you can enjoy all the benefits and options that a rooted device provides...
Hope this helps

Thanks again for the help!
Cheers
Sisafokker

My device always returns status locked when I tell fastboot to dump the variables. I'm not sure why, bootloader unlock process says it's successful, however when it comes time to press VOL_UP to finish the process, none of the hardware keys are recognized, I've even issued fastboot continue from command prompt, yet the bootloader refuses to unlock. I'm going to try once more with "fastboot oem unlock-go" and see what happens from there.
28th September 2016, 07:12 PM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarknessz0rz

well if you've got nothing to lose, I'd just try to flash the L050L firmware onto the device.

Don't mean to sound so clueless but how would I go about doing that? I mean I couldn't find any firmware anywhere, even for other models so could you help me with that part? Also would I be flashing it from the "apply update from sd card" option on the stock recovery?
Thanks a lot
28th September 2016, 09:56 PM |#17  

More
Never mind, I was able to figure out how to flash the system.img file onto my phone. Now it seems to be working perfectly. Thank you very much for all of the help and for uploading the img files, i really appreciate it.
Have a nice day
8th December 2016, 08:23 PM |#18  
Flag 10001
Thanks Meter: 7

More
blu-life-xl Hard brick No problem !!!!!

http://www.needrom.com/download/blu-life-xl-3g-l050l/

dont use the sp flash tool it has a virus only the img
download sp fflash tool from there own site
The Following User Says Thank You to samgr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samgr Ad-Free
10th December 2016, 04:25 AM |#19  
Flag Power + Vol Dwn = Screenshot
Thanks Meter: 35

Donate to Me
More
BLU download site
Quote:
Originally Posted by samgr

http://www.needrom.com/download/blu-life-xl-3g-l050l/

dont use the sp flash tool it has a virus only the img
download sp fflash tool from there own site

Hey thanks for this link - - - - this site could help a lot of people
My phones backed up and i want to test the download file
11th December 2016, 08:51 PM |#20  
Flag 10001
Thanks Meter: 7

More
hard brick NO! problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickrocks013

Hey thanks for this link - - - - this site could help a lot of people
My phones backed up and i want to test the download file

try it it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to samgr For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift samgr Ad-Free
11th January 2017, 09:19 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Roms
Im about to attempt this but i was wondering whats the best roms for this phone? I love something with a ton of options and tweaks and i prefer performance over eye candy.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)