Read the Forum Rules
- Announcement: Forum Rules by MikeChannon (Forum Admin)
Search before asking
- Use the XDA search to see if your device has it's own Subforum or Enhanced Device Tag e.g. http://forum.xda-developers.com/t/desire-828
- Read any Index, FAQs, Sticky/Rollup and Help threads for your Device
Where to post?
- If your Device has its own Subsection ask there not in http://forum.xda-developers.com/general
- If there is a [Help Thread] Ask Any Question, Noob Friendly type thread for your device asking there, is more likely to be seen by someone that can help you.
- Create Question Threads in Q & A/Help subsections (Not General or Development Sections)
- My device does not have it's own subforum? Questions for most devices without a subforum should be asked in one of these
How to post a Question?
- Use the Thread Title
- Do not just write "Help" but keep it brief ie "Device is bootlooping after trying to install a custom rom"
- Include Device Name Carrier, and model # in the title. e.g. Samsung Galaxy S7 (T-Mobile) [SM-G930T]
- What were you trying to do? (root, install a mod/rom...)
- Where you following a Guide/Video? Include a link or or Guide name if you cannot post a link
- What is the device doing now? Bootlooping, will not power on, stuck in bootloader/Fastboot mode...
- Root status, if you know (Rooted, not rooted)
- Bootloader status, if you know (Locked/Unlocked)
Why Doesn't anyone reply to my Question?
- Did you ask in the correct section?
- Did your Question make sense?
- Did you include enough info?
- Be Patient, your question may be harder to answer than you think, and it may take some time before someone who can help even sees your post.
Please read these before posting
- 10 post rule for posting in Dev sections was killed in Jan 2016 see svetius' reply
- [How to] Steps to shake the noob status by TonyStark
- Want To Post In Development? by KidCarter93 (50 post rule)
- Forum Rules
- New Users Guide
- Terms Android
- XDA Tour
- [GUIDE]Where and how to post QUESTIONS? Android Development and Hacking