[Guide] How to Use XDA Forums And Threads: For [New Members]

683 posts
Thanks Meter: 741

By ZipAddict, Senior Member on 13th August 2015, 07:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th September 2015, 04:55 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Thanks for your nice & helpful post. I'm also new here.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hillium For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Hillium Ad-Free
9th September 2015, 05:24 PM |#32  
OP Senior Member
Flag Between a rock and a hard place

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillium

Thanks for your nice & helpful post. I'm also new here.

Welcome to XDA and thanks for reading! If you need anything let me know!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZipAddict For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZipAddict Ad-Free
10th September 2015, 11:45 AM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Hi,
How do i specify a code block in a message?

ie
[codeblock]
if (x=1, x<9, x++){
println("help me")
}
[/codeblock]

Basically so that it keeps exact formatting and does not parse anything.
Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to icsoft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift icsoft Ad-Free
11th September 2015, 12:26 AM |#34  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Well, I wish to know more how to use this forum

Sent from my SM-N910C using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to bioexcel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bioexcel Ad-Free
11th September 2015, 01:48 AM |#35  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icsoft

Hi,
How do i specify a code block in a message?

ie
[codeblock]
if (x=1, x<9, x++){
println("help me")
}
[/codeblock]

Basically so that it keeps exact formatting and does not parse anything.
Thanks.

Im sorry my programming classes were over 10 years ago and i forgot a lot of it. I think i know the answer but i try not to advise off what i think i know. However i am reteaching myself from youtube videos here. I think you will find all you need to know and more there as well and its broken up into many sections, so it should be easy for you to follow with a visual. Let me know if this helps at all. If not i can try to get you more specific help from a programmer here on XDA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bioexcel

Well, I wish to know more how to use this forum

Sent from my SM-N910C using XDA Free mobile app

If you could give me some more specifics on what you would like to know more about or what you are having trouble with, I can try to help and also I can add it to the original post here. Let me know please as i would like to help
The Following User Says Thank You to ZipAddict For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZipAddict Ad-Free
11th September 2015, 03:56 AM |#36  
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZipAddict

Im sorry my programming classes were over 10 years ago and i forgot a lot of it. I think i know the answer but i try not to advise off what i think i know. However i am reteaching myself from youtube videos here. I think you will find all you need to know and more there as well and its broken up into many sections, so it should be easy for you to follow with a visual. Let me know if this helps at all. If not i can try to get you more specific help from a programmer here on XDA.

If you could give me some more specifics on what you would like to know more about or what you are having trouble with, I can try to help and also I can add it to the original post here. Let me know please as i would like to help

Thank you for your response, i'm sorry, I was probably not clear enough, I wasn't asking a programming question, i was just asking about formatting in posts on this specific forum, for example you do this for bold.
The formatting is like a form of XML hence i was asking about the formatting for a codeblock on this forum if you would like to specific code for someone to follow or copy/paste without the forum preprocessor formatting it.

My example should have been something like:
[CODEBLOCK]
<code here that i would like the forum not to parse>
[/CODEBLOCK]

Or if you know the software that this forum was built on, i could google it.
Thanks again for your assistance.

After a bit of searching, i found it:
Code:
This is a block of code that is not formatted.
The Following User Says Thank You to icsoft For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift icsoft Ad-Free
11th September 2015, 06:25 AM |#37  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icsoft

Thank you for your response, i'm sorry, I was probably not clear enough, I wasn't asking a programming question, i was just asking about formatting in posts on this specific forum, for example you do this for bold.
The formatting is like a form of XML hence i was asking about the formatting for a codeblock on this forum if you would like to specific code for someone to follow or copy/paste without the forum preprocessor formatting it.

My example should have been something like:
[CODEBLOCK]
<code here that i would like the forum not to parse>
[/CODEBLOCK]

Or if you know the software that this forum was built on, i could google it.
Thanks again for your assistance.

After a bit of searching, i found it:
Code:
This is a block of code that is not formatted.

oh i see. sorry i misunderstood. i didnt think clearly about the question. glad u found the answer in the meantime. i will try to add that to my original post because it was a good question that i didnt address. thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to ZipAddict For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZipAddict Ad-Free
14th September 2015, 01:45 AM |#38  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulmega

Thank you very much for the information

regards

Thank you for reading and welcome to XDA! Let me know if you ever have any questions!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ZipAddict For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ZipAddict Ad-Free
14th September 2015, 02:32 AM |#39  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
How do I attach a photo to a post?☺
The Following User Says Thank You to gabrielsamuel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gabrielsamuel Ad-Free
14th September 2015, 03:33 AM |#40  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielsamuel

How do I attach a photo to a post?

Hello friend and thanks for reading! Thats a very good question, and i dont think that i was very clear on this in my original post, so I will update it this week to include that info. There are a few different ways that I am aware of to attach photos to a post.

1) when making a post, scroll down to additional options and click on "manage attachments" and it will take you to a screen where you can search for the image that you want to upload to your post. Once selected, click upload and wait for it to complete and then close out that window and it will take you back to the text box of the post you are making.
2) In the text box when you are making a post, there is an icon that looks like a photo with a mountain and a sun on it. this is at the top of the text box. click that and you will be able to enter the url of the photo you want to upload to the post.
3) In the same place as mentioned above ^ there is an icon that looks like a chain link. Click on that and you will be able to enter the url of your dropbox (or similar site) shared photo or photos. Then people can click on that link to get to your page of photos. This is especially useful when you want to attach many pictures or when they are not currently stored on the device you are using.

Experiment with these different options to get your desired result. However I dont believe you can post some or all of these ways until you reach 10 posts first. I will also include this info in my original post this week. So until you have 10 posts its helpful to try to find threads or questions that you may be knowledgeable about so that you can help others to get to 10 posts without spamming and cluttering the site. I hope this info helps you. Let me know if i was unclear about anything please
14th September 2015, 04:56 AM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Thumbs up
thank you for this guide, I'm sure lots of newbies learned a lot from this post.
The Following User Says Thank You to iampatricktan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iampatricktan Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
guide, how do i, how to, new member, noob

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)