By mrmazak, Senior Member on 2nd April 2017, 05:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd April 2017, 04:25 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1,634

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icaruspony

I have 49 more of these tablets, still in their boxes, to test with.

Work out the booting into recovery combo before you attempt to root another one.

Sent from my Life_Max using Tapatalk
3rd April 2017, 04:38 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,252

More
Quote:

I have 49 more of these tablets, still in their boxes, to test with.

Lol. Test. OK.
You make me laugh.

Seriously though don't test with all of them.

Just do the unlock. And reboot make sure that part works.

Just thought of it. I did not go from stock to the permissive boot. I had a different modified boot.img that only removed the encryption first then I did the permissive. That might be a needed step.

Before you flash any more try "fastboot boot permissive-boot.img"

To make sure it boots before committing to flashing it .
3rd April 2017, 04:54 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazak

Lol. Test. OK.
You make me laugh.

Seriously though don't test with all of them.

Just do the unlock. And reboot make sure that part works.

Just thought of it. I did not go from stock to the permissive boot. I had a different modified boot.img that only removed the encryption first then I did the permissive. That might be a needed step.

Before you flash any more try "fastboot boot permissive-boot.img"

To make sure it boots before committing to flashing it .

10-4.

Mine are still in the Walmart return window, so I want to do this sooner rather than later.

The unlock part worked great... waited 30 seconds on warning, booted to a fresh Google set up, re-enabled USB debugging and OEM unlock.

The permissive boot img flash succeeded, as well as the two partition formats. Then the fastboot reboot killed it.

I will do a "fastboot boot" instead of "fastboot flash" next time. Which is permissive-boot.img? Is that the rca-boot_permissive-20170316-1706.img ?
3rd April 2017, 05:05 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

10-4.

Mine are still in the Walmart return window, so I want to do this sooner rather than later.

The unlock part worked great... waited 30 seconds on warning, booted to a fresh Google set up, re-enabled USB debugging and OEM unlock.

The permissive boot img flash succeeded, as well as the two partition formats. Then the fastboot reboot killed it.

I will do a "fastboot boot" instead of "fastboot flash" next time. Which is permissive-boot.img? Is that the rca-boot_permissive-20170316-1706.img ?

Yes that's the one. And so it would be "fastboot boot rca-boot_permissive-20170316-1706.img"

On the "boot" command you do not need to specify the partition it is for like you do on the flash command.
3rd April 2017, 05:10 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Yes that's the one. And so it would be "fastboot boot rca-boot_permissive-20170316-1706.img"

On the "boot" command you do not need to specify the partition it is for like you do on the flash command.

Exactly... just like when doing a "one-time" boot of chainfire's systemless root on my Nexus.
3rd April 2017, 06:29 PM |#26  
Flag McDonough
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I have successfully rooted this tablet thanks to you and vampire! Thanks so much!

For some odd reason, for every device I buy, I can't go without root.

Okay, the next thing I'm gonna do is get the Xposed framework on this tablet. The FlashFire method won't work as the app crashes upon selecting a zip file to flash.

I tried the flashing it via the modified flash and CWM but I get the 255 error, it wouldn't flash.

Again, I can't thank you guys enough!
3rd April 2017, 08:01 PM |#27  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsavi

I have successfully rooted this tablet thanks to you and vampire! Thanks so much!

For some odd reason, for every device I buy, I can't go without root.

Okay, the next thing I'm gonna do is get the Xposed framework on this tablet. The FlashFire method won't work as the app crashes upon selecting a zip file to flash.

I tried the flashing it via the modified flash and CWM but I get the 255 error, it wouldn't flash.

Again, I can't thank you guys enough!

There was an odd issue with the cwm and the way it mounts the device. And as you noticed from the directions , there is a needed adb remount before SuperSU would flash, maybe try that. But I am not sure if exposed will work or not.

Just for makeing a note in the op what was your build number.

And did you follow the order of steps "as is" or slightly different.

I ask because there have been problems.
3rd April 2017, 08:10 PM |#28  
Flag McDonough

More
Quote:

There was an odd issue with the cwm and the way it mounts the device. And as you noticed from the directions , there is a needed adb remount before SuperSU would flash, maybe try that. But I am not sure if exposed will work or not.

Just for makeing a note in the op what was your build number.

And did you follow the order of steps "as is" or slightly different.

I ask because there have been problems.

My build number is "RCT6873W42-ANDROID6.0-V19-V1.16.100-E07"

Yes I've followed your steps as is and I'm successfully rooted no problems.

To get Xposed on there, I followed the steps used to flash SuperSU and I got that error.
3rd April 2017, 08:51 PM |#29  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

My build number is "RCT6873W42-ANDROID6.0-V19-V1.16.100-E07"

Yes I've followed your steps as is and I'm successfully rooted no problems.

To get Xposed on there, I followed the steps used to flash SuperSU and I got that error.

As far as I know Xposed doesn't work on Intel device's, that aren't 100% Google compliant.

Unless that has changed, last time I talked to the Xposed developer he said it would never work, and he would never change his source to include any device not compliant with Google's​ source code.
3rd April 2017, 08:59 PM |#30  
Flag McDonough

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampirefo

As far as I know Xposed doesn't work on Intel device's, that aren't 100% Google compliant.

Unless that has changed, last time I talked to the Xposed developer he said it would never work, and he would never change his source to include any device not compliant with Google's​ source code.

Yeah, Installing it through the app results in a bootloop.

I'm trying to get out of the bootloop.
3rd April 2017, 08:59 PM |#31  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yeah, Installing it through the app results in a bootloop.

I'm trying to get out of the bootloop.

https://github.com/rovo89/Xposed/issues/77

Sent from my Life_Max using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vampirefo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vampirefo Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
intel, rca, rct6873w42, voyager

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)