Thanks Meter: 1,252

By mrmazak, Senior Member on 2nd April 2017, 05:14 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd September 2018, 10:23 AM |#291  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

Boot to recovery and choose factory reset to reset the device, then choose wipe cache partition(this might remove the "unexpected information") then wait for the update notification to pop up again, then try the update.

Sent from my LGL84VL using Tapatalk

I finally got my device baked up and tried your suggestion. But no work. I still get the same message.

Here is the exact message I get (this is while its in recovery mode and installing the update)
Code:
"/system/bin/app_process32" has unexpected contents.
E:Error in @/cache/recovery/block.map
(Status 7)

Installation aborted
Maybe I need to replace one of these files? If yes where can I get a better copy.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thank You,
23rd September 2018, 02:05 PM |#292  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isrgish

I finally got my device baked up and tried your suggestion. But no work. I still get the same message.

Here is the exact message I get (this is while its in recovery mode and installing the update)

Code:
"/system/bin/app_process32" has unexpected contents.
E:Error in @/cache/recovery/block.map
(Status 7)

Installation aborted
Maybe I need to replace one of these files? If yes where can I get a better copy.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thank You,

Status 7 means that the file you are trying to flash is not compatible with your recovery or not compatible with your device.

Is the file you are trying to flash is a stock official update?

Are you trying to flash it using CWM/TWRP?

Is the update for your specific model?

If the answer to those questions is yes, that's your issue. You can't flash a stock update via custom recovery, flashing stock updates requires stock recovery and an unmodified system partition(meaning no root and no modified system files).

If this is what yours trying to do, you'll need stock recovery and you'll need to undo any modifications you have made to system and remove root.

Then, after the update is applied, then you can root the device again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Droidriven For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Droidriven Ad-Free
26th September 2018, 09:24 PM |#293  

More
Quote:

Status 7 means that the file you are trying to flash is not compatible with your recovery or not compatible with your device.

Is the file you are trying to flash is a stock official update?

Are you trying to flash it using CWM/TWRP?

Is the update for your specific model?

If the answer to those questions is yes, that's your issue. You can't flash a stock update via custom recovery, flashing stock updates requires stock recovery and an unmodified system partition(meaning no root and no modified system files).

If this is what yours trying to do, you'll need stock recovery and you'll need to undo any modifications you have made to system and remove root.

Then, after the update is applied, then you can root the device again.

How do I go about unrooting and returning my device to its original form to be able to install the update?

Thank You,
26th September 2018, 09:27 PM |#294  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isrgish

How do I go about unrooting and returning my device to its original form to be able to install the update?

Thank You,

If you have SuperSu, there is an option in the SuperSU in-app settings for removing root and uninstalling SuperSu.

If you have Magisk, there is a Magisk uninstaller zip in the Magisk thread that you flash via TWRP to remove root.

Or, if the update can be downloaded via the internet, you can download it and flash it via PC, flashing via PC will remove root during the flashing process, depending on what kind of update it is, the update would have to contain an update system.img, if it doesn't, it won't remove root during the flashing process, which could result in a soft-brick or bootloop.

26th September 2018, 09:30 PM |#295  

More
Quote:

If you gave SuperSu, there is an option in the SuperSU in-app settings for removing root and uninstalling SuperSu.

If you have Magisk, there is a Magisk uninstaller zip in the Magisk thread that you flash via TWRP to remove root.

I just want to make sure its safe to use this option from SuperSU.

I rooted my device with the instructions on this thread.

Thank You,
1st January 2019, 07:32 AM |#296  
Flag Fort Wayne, Indiana
Thanks Meter: 1,139

Donate to Me
More
Thank you for this guide. Twrp and lineage 14.1 are now on my to do list for this device. Stock is unbearable. Once I finish those projects they will b posted here on XDA
6th January 2020, 04:06 AM |#297  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thank you for this, appreciate the care and dedication especially that has gone into your script ^_^

It took me a few hours, but for anyone else who might have picked up this tablet or is just now getting around to rooting it (and like me have very little experience), the steps are as follows:

1. Download the files in the first post. On the SuperSu thread, SRs are betas. I used v.2.82 (not SR)
2. Install the Intel driver, reboot pc for good measure
3. run "patch.bat" in the Boot-Recovery-Patcher-Flasher folder, just go down the list and make sure you're not getting errors.
4. I had to run adb from the newest official build to get it to initially allow for fastboot flashing because there is a very short window in which you can hit the volume up button to allow permission, so I had to almost simultaneously run the command and press the up arrow when it came to that step
5. You can switch back over to the patch script for the rest of the steps
6. If you're using SuperSu v2.82 you're going to have to manually install it from the CWM boot because the script is set to look for 2.79 (make sure that you transfer it as a zip from your computer into the root directory of the device, which is the first menu that appears when you click on "Internal Storage")

Don't interrupt your tablet when it's on the black screen w/ the yellow text that says "Your device is not safe... blah, blah, blah, rebooting." Just let it do its thing.

There were multiple times where my tablet was factory reset during this process. Each time just skip as many of the steps as you can and go straight back into settings, enable developer mode, oem bootloader unlock, and adb usb debugging, and carry on with the patch on your PC where you left off.
8th January 2020, 02:46 AM |#298  
Flag Las Vegas, NV

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris5204

I can't see the steps in the unlock tool since I can't get the tablet connected with adb. It was whatever I was supposed to do after unlocking the bootloader. I can turn the tablet off and on but can't get to recovery and it's stuck on Voyager screen.

Chris. Hello. Were you ever able to get past this bricked state of the tablet? I have the exact thing as you going on and looking for some help.
9th January 2020, 08:01 PM |#299  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zamiel2112

Chris. Hello. Were you ever able to get past this bricked state of the tablet? I have the exact thing as you going on and looking for some help.

No, sorry. I had to give up on it. It's gathering dust somewhere.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
intel, rca, rct6873w42, voyager

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)