FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide]A few simple steps to avoid installing Malware

4,280 posts
Thanks Meter: 5,307

By justmpm, Retired Senior Moderator on 12th January 2015, 04:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th March 2016, 07:15 AM |#111  
Very surprised how little coverage the Baidu SDK & Moplus SDK issues (backdoor, Man in the middle & personal data leaks) have got here on XDA. These SDK's are found in thousands of apps including extremely popular ones like ES File Explorer (one of my favourites). Many of our phones are rooted and therefore very vulnerable as the SDK can load malicious program without us knowing. Some of these issues have been fixed, some partially and others have NOT so your phone would still be vulnerable if it has these SDK's, besides many people will still be running the compromised software. I can only think that it is the Chinese Government that has driven this so that they may easily compromise target phones of people they may deem are not keeping the "harmony". And what about Chinese ROMs they probably have these SDK to run Baidu?
Some links
http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/02/b...droid-devices/
https://citizenlab.org/2016/02/priva...baidu-browser/

13th March 2016, 06:58 AM |#112  
Flag Alhama de Murcia
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
🤔
Interesting articles.
That @#$% “encrapget” websh1te sucks ass, because of screen real state squatter phenomena; let me explain:

I really wish people were not so retarded to code/design sh1tes like that…

Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2016-03-13-06-30-26.png
Views:	520
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	3681158  
17th March 2016, 07:47 PM |#113  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRoo

Very surprised how little coverage the Baidu SDK & Moplus SDK issues (backdoor, Man in the middle & personal data leaks) have got here on XDA. These SDK's are found in thousands of apps including extremely popular ones like ES File Explorer (one of my favourites). Many of our phones are rooted and therefore very vulnerable as the SDK can load malicious program without us knowing. Some of these issues have been fixed, some partially and others have NOT so your phone would still be vulnerable if it has these SDK's, besides many people will still be running the compromised software. I can only think that it is the Chinese Government that has driven this so that they may easily compromise target phones of people they may deem are not keeping the "harmony". And what about Chinese ROMs they probably have these SDK to run Baidu?
Some links
http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/02/b...droid-devices/
https://citizenlab.org/2016/02/priva...baidu-browser/

Thanks, I will have a look these links!
5th April 2016, 06:02 PM |#114  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
tnx. it was usefull for me
6th April 2016, 04:14 PM |#115  

More
Usefull instraction for phone clearing
16th March 2017, 03:26 PM |#116  

More
all adware is malware by definition
stay away from "free" malware. Third party ads are antithetical to security and privacy.

an app with ads IS NOT FREE

---------- Post added at 03:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCh22

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/and.../adblock-plus/

NO

ZERO ADS are acceptable

ad "block" plus is a business selling whitelisting to advertisers

instead: uBlock Origin
22nd May 2017, 03:13 AM |#117  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I would like to replenish two more tips
1. Don't click on suspicious links contained in email messages, nor open spam attachments.

2. When installing software, select the Custom mode and deselect any optional programs.
24th September 2017, 04:43 PM |#118  
Flag Alhama de Murcia
Thanks Meter: 8

Donate to Me
More
Malware?
There are truly free apps out there, apps which do not break your balls while using them with adverts, and cracked apps for good you can use, though of course you need the knowledge and discernment to know which and where to download.
Modern Windows and Android systems are too limited. It takes me a nice post-install session to demolish all of the stupid nanny software which comes with them for your safety ( LoL!). You're living in an illusion, fellows. Truly malware software knows that crap so generally it won't be able to avoid sh1t unless the malware is old and well documented, that's the reason your systems get owned. Nanny software, however, is a serious burden for true system administrators and that is the reason I dispatch it without hesitation. Automatic updates? F√CK that!!!
And please, don't make me speak about the insane amount of adverts stock systems display. It's worse than a freakin' cancer…
On the other hand, using a cracked app won't prevent from eventually paying for it in recognition for a well done piece of software.
Of course, you're free to think as you wish (and deal with the consecuences).

Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)