FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Hi-Fi playback on Android (developers/testers only)

239 posts
Thanks Meter: 312
 
By avs333, Senior Member on 24th January 2015, 08:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd June 2018, 11:09 PM |#11  
LazerL0rd's Avatar
Senior Member
London, England, UK
Thanks Meter: 981
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00nlighter

Hi everyone,
Looks like someone has forked this project on GitHub and made several commits to it:
https://github.com/cerg2010cerg2010/...ommit-activity
Can anyone build the APK with the newest commits?

Other methods exist for HiFi such as OpenSL ES HD and aaudio but this still send interesting so I'll take a look.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LazerL0rd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LazerL0rd Ad-Free
 
 
19th February 2019, 09:29 PM |#12  
Lotoss's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerL0rd

Other methods exist for HiFi such as OpenSL ES HD and aaudio but this still send interesting so I'll take a look.

Any news?
The Following User Says Thank You to Lotoss For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lotoss Ad-Free
21st February 2019, 04:57 PM |#13  
LazerL0rd's Avatar
Senior Member
London, England, UK
Thanks Meter: 981
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotoss

Any news?

On modern Android devices, I don't see why this is needed anymore. On older devices, if the kernel is set up correctly, this would work in theory as most devices allowed 24-bit PCM playback. Nowadays you got OpenSL ES HD, HiRes APIs from certain OEMs, HiRes paths for other OEMs, and probably stuff I missed out. In a post-Oreo world, I don't see why OEMs would have an excuse not to (or even custom ROM/kernel devs) unless the hardware has a limitation (unlikely).
5th March 2019, 03:09 AM |#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerL0rd

On modern Android devices, I don't see why this is needed anymore. On older devices, if the kernel is set up correctly, this would work in theory as most devices allowed 24-bit PCM playback. Nowadays you got OpenSL ES HD, HiRes APIs from certain OEMs, HiRes paths for other OEMs, and probably stuff I missed out. In a post-Oreo world, I don't see why OEMs would have an excuse not to (or even custom ROM/kernel devs) unless the hardware has a limitation (unlikely).

I agreed that the OEMS should have no excuses to set up the path correctly nowadays. However the fact is that, they DO NOT

I have lost the OpenSL ES HD since I updated my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to Oreo
The Following User Says Thank You to tidusdacapo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tidusdacapo Ad-Free
6th March 2019, 10:26 AM |#15  
LazerL0rd's Avatar
Senior Member
London, England, UK
Thanks Meter: 981
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidusdacapo

I agreed that the OEMS should have no excuses to set up the path correctly nowadays. However the fact is that, they DO NOT

I have lost the OpenSL ES HD since I updated my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge to Oreo

Via modding mixers and audio routes you *may* be able to get it back.
The Following User Says Thank You to LazerL0rd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LazerL0rd Ad-Free
3rd April 2019, 01:32 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazerL0rd

Via modding mixers and audio routes you *may* be able to get it back.

Is there any clues for letting me to modify the audio path? Thx for the reply
6th April 2019, 02:31 AM |#17  
LazerL0rd's Avatar
Senior Member
London, England, UK
Thanks Meter: 981
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tidusdacapo

Is there any clues for letting me to modify the audio path? Thx for the reply

Comparing is about it. There's no necessity for OEMs to implement a normal naming scheme there such as "hifi" but it's worth a shot to look for that.
13th May 2019, 11:34 AM |#18  
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
AWESOME PLAYER!!!
Thank you very much!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes