1,239 posts
Thanks Meter: 397

By timbernot, Senior Member on 8th September 2015, 03:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st June 2018, 03:49 AM |#21  
Flag Hallingdal
Thanks Meter: 175

More
I use it. Nice size, wonderful camera. As long as there is nothing comparative out, or any major innovation in cell phone technology, I am sticking to my k zoom.

There will never be any CM, lollipop, or any other alternative. Simple reason: samsung has locked all our mobile phones with sboot. Google it. Sboot checks whether or not a kernel has a certification. If it doesn't, it won't run that kernel. There is some work done by some people (not our people, not on our phones) to reverse engineer and understand what sboot is, how it works, and so on. But, as it is, it isn't possible to bypass this thing - not easily. Kexec might be an option?

Sad sad sad. Even though I like the phone, not going to buy anything Samsung again. Not going to advice anyone to do so either. Sony has locked bootloaders as well, but they let people unlock them and compile and install their own kernels as people please. Which they should! My device, mine to do with as I please. If I can't, I'm not interested in other devices from the same producer.

It's like buying a PC that has Windows 7 installed and you find that you can't install a different version of Windows, because it is locked to the computer, in that, the computer won't start with any other version of Windows than the one it came with.

Stupid, just stupid.
10th January 2019, 10:56 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Always had Sony Ericsson C series, then they divorced and both companies released poor quality phones with cameras.

K ZOOM has both good camera, xenon flash and real zoom capabilities.

I'll stick around till it dies and switch to Motorola Moto Z series with Hasselblad True Zoom, unfortunately it doesn't have removable battery and series continue to have a moronic trend with removing audio jack... soo... ****.
15th January 2019, 02:17 AM |#23  
Hanoi, Vietnam

Donate to Me
More
Tran Hai Anh
I'm interested in Kzoom
18th April 2020, 06:08 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
i have the k zoom and i wanted to use it as a test device, searching for custom roms rn. camera is good af
24th June 2020, 02:27 PM |#25  

More
no custom rom for k zoom S5
I use it but it will soon die if I do not fine custom rom with higher android version than 4.2.2. apps will soon stop working on that... and can not find anything on this forum...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy-k-zoom

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)