FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How to root Epson Moverio BT-300 security update 5.0

299 posts
Thanks Meter: 46
 
By alecthenice, Senior Member on 30th November 2018, 03:18 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th April 2019, 03:00 AM |#81  
kevinrocksman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,516
 
Donate to Me
More
ok got everything going, also just letting you know but if you hold the volume up button instead of volume down u can go straight to recovery

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:45 AM ----------

I stand corrected... now it keeps going into recovery every time I reboot

---------- Post added at 03:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 AM ----------

I stand corrected... now it keeps going into recovery every time I reboot
 
 
19th May 2019, 06:19 PM |#82  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello everyone,
I follow this topic and I successfuly installed Magisk.
So for the feedback, Gapps is unstable, it's not a good option.
The good option is to use xposed framework with MicroG (Nanodroid).

But I don't understand : Someone have issues with GPS ? Because I try to get back in stock, but I don't have GPS (on my two epson moverio bt-300).
Can you help me ?

Thank you
19th May 2019, 07:04 PM |#83  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangsDev

Hello everyone,
I follow this topic and I successfuly installed Magisk.
So for the feedback, Gapps is unstable, it's not a good option.
The good option is to use xposed framework with MicroG (Nanodroid).

But I don't understand : Someone have issues with GPS ? Because I try to get back in stock, but I don't have GPS (on my two epson moverio bt-300).
Can you help me ?

Thank you

Be sure to install the backends for MicroG. See the microG thread for info on backends. I hope this helps.

I used the nanodroid patcher and nanodroid installer zip for my app packages
19th May 2019, 10:09 PM |#84  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecthenice

Be sure to install the backends for MicroG. See the microG thread for info on backends. I hope this helps.

I used the nanodroid patcher and nanodroid installer zip for my app packages

Thanks for your answer.
In fact, I already did that to install Google Maps.
But the GPS still doesn't work. Do you have the same issue ?
I try to install your firmware R1.4 thinking it was the gps.conf located in /system/etc who was missing but it's the same issue and gps.conf is missing in all firmware.
Your GPS work ?
9th June 2019, 10:38 PM |#85  
D0CTOR's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Cow Hampshire
Thanks Meter: 228
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecthenice

Flash the nanodroid patcher zip and the nanodroid package zip. Big +1 to functionality

What exactly does this mean? I have the BT-300's and and planning on rooting them I've read this entire thread, and just don't understand this last post...
10th June 2019, 02:45 AM |#86  
OP Senior Member
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0CTOR

What exactly does this mean? I have the BT-300's and and planning on rooting them I've read this entire thread, and just don't understand this last post...

When u get to the part where you want google services and other associated apps (u have root and made a twrp backup), instead of just using the "openGapps" package to fill this roll we use nanodroid. Nanodroid is optimal because the bromite based backround services (instead of chromium) works more smothly with the moverio SDK. Opengapps will cause a bootloop as soon as chromium needs to update. So in order to use the actual package with the backround services contained in the .zip we must flash the "nanodroid patcher.zip". This will patch the classes.dex files allowing "nanodroid" to provide backround services. Nanodroid patcher in short is just part one to the two zip install that provides google services. See the nanodroid xda thread for more info on that specifically, these guys are geniuses for reverse engineering everything the way they do. I hope this clears things up for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to alecthenice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift alecthenice Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
a/r, bt-300, epson, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes