FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

how to rum pokemon go with low spec devices (1gb ram) tutorial

462 posts
Thanks Meter: 167

By 8hodgsonkh, Senior Member on 24th July 2016, 09:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have 2 phones, Xperia T running 5.1.1 and an Xperia M running aosp 6.0.1 with nui kernel.
before doing this I could run it on the but was really laggy and the game was unplayable on the T.

Things you will need;
-root
-gl tools

Now you need to install gltools and install the 2nd driver.( on the play store but its paid, no warez here so no links)
Now open gl tools and find pokemon go.
Check force 16 bit rendering and optimise glsl shaders. Next set render resolution to 0.5 (doesn't effect a whole load but helped with the Ts 720 screen, probably not needed for lower res) and set downscale textures to 0.5. That's it done!
After doing this, the game runs butter smooth on my T and runs somewhat smoother on my M. This is all because the app uses less ram (was hitting nearly 600mb ram at most)

Let me know if it helped
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 8hodgsonkh For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 8hodgsonkh Ad-Free

1st August 2016, 07:48 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8hodgsonkh

I have 2 phones, Xperia T running 5.1.1 and an Xperia M running aosp 6.0.1 with nui kernel.
before doing this I could run it on the but was really laggy and the game was unplayable on the T.

Things you will need;
-root
-gl tools

Now you need to install gltools and install the 2nd driver.( on the play store but its paid, no warez here so no links)
Now open gl tools and find pokemon go.
Check force 16 bit rendering and optimise glsl shaders. Next set render resolution to 0.5 (doesn't effect a whole load but helped with the Ts 720 screen, probably not needed for lower res) and set downscale textures to 0.5. That's it done!
After doing this, the game runs butter smooth on my T and runs somewhat smoother on my M. This is all because the app uses less ram (was hitting nearly 600mb ram at most)

Let me know if it helped

I am also happy try this game
10th August 2016, 10:58 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
thank you, it really helped.
The Following User Says Thank You to richarshub For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift richarshub Ad-Free
14th August 2016, 05:09 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
thank you so much! So glad I found this thread. Made a huge difference on my S3
The Following User Says Thank You to Vyrnach For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vyrnach Ad-Free
16th August 2016, 01:29 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Carlisle
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyrnach

thank you so much! So glad I found this thread. Made a huge difference on my S3

Yeah, especially in built up areas my game has went from using 570mb ram at max to just under 300mb
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)