FORUMS

How to safely use dual Sim with micro SD card in a hybrid slot [Hands-on Guide]

722 posts
Thanks Meter: 280

Post Reply Email Thread
This is one of the most useful hacks if your phone is has a hybrid sim slot and you want to use SD card along with two sim cards.
I've done it several times so it's not a problem to me but what most people who did tutorial or videos about this failed to do is to highlight safety measures to make sure you don't either damage your sim/SD card or even get both of them stocked in your phone. You will need a nail file, a lighter and Evo stick glue (gum).
SAFETY MEASURES
#1 FILE DOWN MICRO SD CARD BUMP.
The Mico SD card bump at the bigger end of your micro SD card does not have any function in your phone sim slot. Use a nail file and flatten your micro SD card that way, you have eliminated the possibility of your SD card getting stock inside the phone even with added layer of sim card chip.
NB: DO NOT file or touch the other (chip) side of the micro SD else you will damage the SD card storage.

#2 DO NOT FORCE THE SIM CHIP
Don't force the Sim chip to come out instead use light heat with lighter on the plastic side of the sim card and it will come out.

#3 DO NOT USE SUPER GLUE OR HARDENING GLUE
Hard gums makes the placement of the sim Chip, it may damage the both Sim and SDcard whenever you want to separate them later.

#4 TAKE NOTE OF THE CURVE SIDE OF THE SIM CARD
Put in the sim and take measurements of where and how it should be placed so your sim card can work.

Here is a video guide.
Remember, I'm not responsible for anything that can start a thermonuclear war!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	images (50).jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	12.4 KB
ID:	4952537   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200217_075255.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	4952539  
17th March 2020, 10:43 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0