FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

HTC Desire 826... Install TWRP Recovery and Root. (100% Working)

84 posts
Thanks Meter: 59

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello Guys,
Today I am going to assist you on rooting your HTC Desire 826 (All Models).
We will be using the conventional method of rooting i.e. flashing SuperSU through recovery. Just follow my steps carefully
and you will root your device successfully without any mess....

Note : The first TWRP recovery made for this device was not perfect. After installing the recovery the touch wasn't working on some models.....However in this post I have provided the Chinese Mod of that TWRP recovery... This works in all models of HTC Desire 826....Thanks to the Chinese guy whose modified the recovery... Don't worry, the recovery is in English, only installation is Chinese and that to only 2 steps which I will explain in this post.

Alert: I am not responsible for any kind of brick(hard or soft) that your device may suffer during this procedure...This method is full proofed but only when you follow it as mentioned...So proceed at your own risk.

1. Installing all necessary drivers
The first step is to install proper drivers for your device on PC. I would recommend to download and install HTC Sync Manager and connect your device to PC...HTC Sync Manager will automatically install all the required drivers that we need for our process...

You can download it from the below link..
https://www.mediafire.com/?m5xcho7w534p936

2. Download Minimal ADB Tools
Now download the adb tools required for our process from the below link

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/483igl8a45dy2/adb

3. Unlock your Bootloader (Very Important)
This step is must.....You have to unlock your bootloader before proceeding further.....

Warning : Unlocking your bootloader will void your software warranty...Also after unlocking the bootloader, the device will be reset... So do backup all your important data from internal memory to sd card or to pc.

You can use 2 methods to unlock your bootloader..

1. By using kingo bootloader unlock... Download it from here http://www.mediafire.com/download/22...der_Unlock.exe

Download and install this software... Now Connect your phone to PC....Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device...Now open Kingo Bootloader Unlock...The software will automatically detect your device....Click on Unlock...It will unlock your phone's bootloader automatically and you're ready to go.....

2. By using HTC's official unlock method...
If the above method fails then goto http://www.htcdev.com/ and create an account and then follow the steps given there to unlock your bootloader.....
Note : This process includes a step where you need to download adb files....No need to download from there....The link for adb files provided by me are sufficient. Just proceed the steps using those adb files.

Now download SuperSU zip by Chainfire from the below link and place the file in your internal memory
http://www.supersu.com/download

Please download the latest zip file and not the apk file.

Important : Go on the above link and Download the latest flashable zip file otherwise you will suffer a bootloop and your device will be stuck on HTC logo

4. Installing TWRP recovery

After you have successfully unlocked your device's bootloader, u need to install the TWRP recovery.

Download the TWRP recovery from here .... https://www.mediafire.com/?hn2j75fxj6hkj9w

Step 1 : Goto Fasboot USB mode
Connect your device to PC.
Open the adb folder downloaded before. While holding the shift key, right click anywhere on the white space inside the folder...
You will see an option namely - Open command prompt here
Click on that........Now type the following command in the cmd window that opens up...

adb reboot bootloader

This will boot your device to bootloader mode...Make sure it says "bootloader usb" there.

Step 2 : Install TWRP

Now double click and open the twrp file downloaded previously.....A command promt will open up with something written in Chinese... Press Enter twice and the twrp recovery will be pushed to your device.....
Done...You have succesfully installed TWRP recovery on your device.

5. Flashing SuperSU

Now disconnect your device from pc....From "fastboot" mode use the up/down volume button to navigate to "hboot" option and press power button to goto "hboot" menu...From there goto "recovery" option and press power button to enter the recovery menu...
TWRP recovery will open up....
On the first screen you will see a warning....Just ignore that and goto the bottom where its written "Swipe to Allow Modifications" and swipe right.

Now a menu will come up...
Select the first option i.e Install
Now Search the SuperSU.zip file in your internal memory that you downloaded previously and select it.
Recovery will flash the zip file.
Now reboot your device.....

Hurrah! Your device is successfully rooted

Goto App launcher and check if there is SuperSU app there. If yes then your device is succesfully rooted.

To verify whether your device is properly rooted, download the root checker app from play store....

If you have any doubts regarding this post, do post your replies so that I can resolve them.

This thread has been started for HTC Desire 826 Device......
If you have any news or mods regarding this device or any custom ROM, feel free to share with everyone via this post.....

Hit THANKS button if I helped you or if you liked my post.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to Ishan16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ishan16 Ad-Free

15th October 2016, 11:38 AM |#2  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 30

More
after instaling supersu ... phone is not booting it is hanging in htc screen
16th October 2016, 09:52 AM |#3  
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karth83

after instaling supersu ... phone is not booting it is hanging in htc screen

got the stock rom back with the help of gsmdevelopers forum
16th October 2016, 12:40 PM |#4  
OP Member
Flag Allahabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karth83

got the stock rom back with the help of gsmdevelopers forum

Now is your phone rooted?
16th October 2016, 12:42 PM |#5  
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishan16

Now is your phone rooted?

no it is back to stock. atleast i m happy for phone working
30th October 2016, 11:14 AM |#6  
Flag Hà Nội
Thanks Meter: 44

Donate to Me
More
can i borrow acc in htcdev ?
30th October 2016, 11:41 AM |#7  
Flag Chennai

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemon_2201

can i borrow acc in htcdev ?

you can easily create, what happened?
1st November 2016, 10:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:

Hello Guys,
Today I am going to assist you on rooting your HTC Desire 826 (All Models).
We will be using the conventional method of rooting i.e. flashing SuperSU through recovery. Just follow my steps carefully
and you will root your device successfully without any mess....

Note : The first TWRP recovery made for this device was not perfect. After installing the recovery the touch wasn't working on some models.....However in this post I have provided the Chinese Mod of that TWRP recovery... This works in all models of HTC Desire 826....Thanks to the Chinese guy whose modified the recovery... Don't worry, the recovery is in English, only installation is Chinese and that to only 2 steps which I will explain in this post.

Alert: I am not responsible for any kind of brick(hard or soft) that your device may suffer during this procedure...This method is full proofed but only when you follow it as mentioned...So proceed at your own risk.

1. Installing all necessary drivers
The first step is to install proper drivers for your device on PC. I would recommend to download and install HTC Sync Manager and connect your device to PC...HTC Sync Manager will automatically install all the required drivers that we need for our process...
You can download it from the below link..
https://www.mediafire.com/?m5xcho7w534p936

2. Download Minimal ADB Tools
Now download the adb tools required for our process from the below link

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/483igl8a45dy2/adb

3. Unlock your Bootloader (Very Important)
This step is must.....You have to unlock your bootloader before proceeding further.....

Warning : Unlocking your bootloader will void your software warranty...Also after unlocking the bootloader, the device will be reset... So do backup all your important data from internal memory to sd card or to pc.

You can use 2 methods to unlock your bootloader..

1. By using kingo bootloader unlock... Download it from here http://www.mediafire.com/download/22...der_Unlock.exe

Download and install this software... Now Connect your phone to PC....Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device...Now open Kingo Bootloader Unlock...The software will automatically detect your device....Click on Unlock...It will unlock your phone's bootloader automatically and you're ready to go.....

2. By using HTC's official unlock method...
If the above method fails then goto http://www.htcdev.com/ and create an account and then follow the steps given there to unlock your bootloader.....
Note : This process includes a step where you need to download adb files....No need to download from there....The link for adb files provided by me are sufficient. Just proceed the steps using those adb files.

Now download SuperSU zip by Chainfire from the below link and place the file in your internal memory
https://www.mediafire.com/?62mm4vg153a8jzf

4. Installing TWRP recovery

After you have successfully unlocked your device's bootloader, u need to install the TWRP recovery.

Download the TWRP recovery from here .... https://www.mediafire.com/?hn2j75fxj6hkj9w

Step 1 : Goto Fasboot USB mode
Connect your device to PC.
Open the adb folder downloaded before. While holding the shift key, right click anywhere on the white space inside the folder...
You will see an option namely - Open command prompt here
Click on that........Now type the following command in the cmd window that opens up...

adb reboot bootloader

This will boot your device to bootloader mode...Make sure it says "bootloader usb" there.

Step 2 : Install TWRP

Now double click and open the twrp file downloaded previously.....A command promt will open up with something written in Chinese... Press Enter twice and the twrp recovery will be pushed to your device.....
Done...You have succesfully installed TWRP recovery on your device.

5. Flashing SuperSU

Now disconnect your device from pc....From "fastboot" mode use the up/down volume button to navigate to "hboot" option and press power button to goto "hboot" menu...From there goto "recovery" option and press power button to enter the recovery menu...
TWRP recovery will open up....
On the first screen you will see a warning....Just ignore that and goto the bottom where its written "Swipe to Allow Modifications" and swipe right.

Now a menu will come up...
Select the first option i.e Install
Now Search the SuperSU.zip file in your internal memory that you downloaded previously and select it.
Recovery will flash the zip file.
Now reboot your device.....

Hurrah! Your device is successfully rooted

Goto App launcher and check if there is SuperSU app there. If yes then your device is succesfully rooted.

To verify whether your device is properly rooted, download the root checker app from play store....

If you have any doubts regarding this post, do post your replies so that I can resolve them.

This thread has been started for HTC Desire 826 Device......
If you have any news or mods regarding this device or any custom ROM, feel free to share with everyone via this post.....

Hit THANKS button if I helped you or if you liked my post.

It will work with marshmallow
The Following User Says Thank You to saifsalee For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saifsalee Ad-Free
2nd November 2016, 07:39 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Allahabad

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by saifsalee

It will work with marshmallow

Yes
The Following User Says Thank You to Ishan16 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ishan16 Ad-Free
3rd November 2016, 08:33 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
thanks it`s working fine
Quote:

Yes

yes its working fine just we have to install latest supersu zip file
otherwise it will stuck on boot logo
3rd November 2016, 01:46 PM |#11  
Flag Hà Nội
Thanks Meter: 44