FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Huawei Enjoy 5 (TIT-AL00) - Install Google Play store guide

42 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By gordonnorth, Member on 19th December 2015, 04:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is to show you how to get Google Play on the Huawei Enjoy 5, which standard Chinese Stock ROM does not have Play store enabled.

Note: when unlocking the phone and installing custom recovery, it might mean that the OTA updates don't work anymore.
Since we have not yet had an update since I installed this, I could not check, but this is what is said in the Huawei unlock site...

Credits: my sincere thanks to andrik22, who guided me through the whole process...

Prerequisites:
Huawei Enjoy 5 phone (TIT-AL00)
Huawei Unlock tool (attached)
ADB drivers (attached)
ADB / Fastboot software (attached)
CWM Recovery file (attached)
GAPPS Pico for ARM64, Android 5.1 --> Download from Opengapps.org

Steps to complete:
1. Install ADB Drivers
2. Unzip ADB software in C:\adb
3. Unzip CWM_Recovery.img in C:\adb
4. Copy the GAPPS file into C:\adb

C:\adb should look like this now:
Screenshot C:\adb directory

5. Now got to the phone and write down:
Settings -->about phone --> Status--> IMEI 1 + Serial Number
Find the IMEI 1 + Serial Number

6. Connect phone by USB to computer
7. Enable USB debugging on phone --> slide down the notification area and touch "USB connection options", then on the bottom of the screen enable "USB Debugging"
7a. Copy the GAPPS file from C:\adb to the root of the external SD card on your phone

8. Unzip and open the Unlock tool (you might need to disable the virus checker, as this will be flagged and deleted, at least this was the case with me) --> fill in IMEI 1, get Product ID, write that down.
Unlock tool

9. Go to the Huawei site to get your unlock code (log in with Facebook, or Huawei ID, fill in the required information product type = Smartphone, product ID = TIT-AL00, serial number from the phone, IMEI code, Product ID). Your unlock code will be below in Red)

10. Startup command prompt (Windows key + R, type cmd, enter)
11. In command prompt, type "cd \adb" to get to the adb directory
12. In command prompt check if device is recognized (typing "adb devices" in the command prompt should show you this)
13. Now reboot the phone into fastboot by typing "adb reboot bootloader"
14. This should reboot the phone into fastboot mode (black screen, only showing "fastboot>" on the bottom
15. In the command prompt, type "fastboot devices" to see if the device is recognized.
Your screen should look something like this:

The next command will unlock your phone AND make a hard reset... if any data or settings would need to be preserved, please make a backup!
16. Now type in the command prompt:"fastboot oem unlock XXXXX" where XXXX is the unlock code you got from the website
17. Then type in command prompt: "fastboot reboot". After this, your phone will reboot and reset.
18. When Phone is rebooted, make sure USB debugging is on again (same as point 7)
19. Now reboot the phone into fastboot by typing "adb reboot bootloader"
20. This should reboot the phone into fastboot mode (black screen, only showing "fastboot>" on the bottom
21. In the command prompt, type "fastboot devices" to see if the device is recognized.
22. Now we are going to flash CWM Recovery: type in command prompt: "fastboot flash recovery CWM_recovery.img"
23. reboot into recovery by typeing into command prompt: " "fastboot reboot" while holding VOL+ on the phone.
24. When the options screen on the phone appears, press VOL- to select the recovery mode. This will boot into CWM recovery.
25. In CWM recovery, select "install ZIP" and select "From Memory card" and select the Open Gapps file we have copied there in step 7a.
26 When flashing is done, type into the command prompt: "adb reboot" to reboot the phone.

This should reboot the phone. first 5 minutes it might be very slow as it is optimizing (Google) apps, but then Google Play store should be working on your phone!
Attached Files
File Type: zip CWM_recovery.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.31 MB, 10780 views)
File Type: zip UniversalAdbDriverSetup.zip - [Click for QR Code] (15.90 MB, 9142 views)
File Type: zip ADB,Fastboot,USB-???????.zip - [Click for QR Code] (8.90 MB, 8686 views)
File Type: rar Huawei Unlocker_.rar - [Click for QR Code] (1.29 MB, 9574 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to gordonnorth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gordonnorth Ad-Free
20th December 2015, 01:26 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Attention!
When installing SuperSU you can NOT get ROOT!!!
You will receive a cyclic reboot. And for the restoration of the phone need flash original recovery, and then install the firmware version B128 from the official site (update.zip).

Links for firmware version B128:
TWRP recovery
Original Recovery
Official page TIT-AL00
Firmware version C00B128 from the official site and mirror. Size: 1,2 Gb (The Chinese have made a mistake, inside the archive file located in the upgrade "dlaod" - is wrong, the folder should be called dload.)

Firmware version C00B132 from the official site and mirror. Size: 1,2 Gb

Firmware version C00B135 from the official site and mirror. Size: 1,2 Gb

Firmware from the official site installed only from original recovery, so if you have installed CWM recovery, you must first restore the original as it is written above, and already from it to make a clean install.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrik22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andrik22 Ad-Free
20th December 2015, 11:50 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Can't open the Huawei Unlock tool...
Thanks for the guide but there's a crucial step that seems not to work: the "Huawei Unlocker.zip" tool only contains an adb.exe, fastboot.exe, and a few non-Windows-executable files (busybox and 2 .dll's) so how do we execute this tool?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonnorth

8. Unzip and open the Unlock tool (you might need to disable the virus checker, as this will be flagged and deleted, at least this was the case with me) --> fill in IMEI 1, get Product ID, write that down

=> How to "open the Unlock tool"? It seems to be missing from the .zip file... could you re-upload somehow?

Thanks again!
21st December 2015, 09:40 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvanbraeckel

Thanks for the guide but there's a crucial step that seems not to work: the "Huawei Unlocker.zip" tool only contains an adb.exe, fastboot.exe, and a few non-Windows-executable files (busybox and 2 .dll's) so how do we execute this tool?

=> How to "open the Unlock tool"? It seems to be missing from the .zip file... could you re-upload somehow?

Thanks again!

Hi!

I see that I attached the wrong file here. have corrected in the meantime.
Please try the unlocker tool that is attached now.
21st December 2015, 04:40 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonnorth

Hi!

I see that I attached the wrong file here. have corrected in the meantime.
Please try the unlocker tool that is attached now.

It worked perfectly now. Google Apps are installed. Thanks a lot, guys!

One more gotcha: the Huawei Unlocker.exe didn't work for me when executed directly from the .zip file, even though it's only one file so I expected that to work... Perhaps it self-extracts... Anyway, you need to unpack the .zip file first and then execute the unlocker .exe
11th January 2016, 04:22 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;

when I flash the gapps.zip from sdcard.
cwm told me the signature verification faild...
maybe I should try another gapps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ;

I tried 5 gapps blow but none of them works...

5gapps

Found the problem. and finnaly it works.
The first time of the CWM installation failed. ( but adb told me OK).
so I just flash CWM again to solve the problem.
Many thanks.
so many chinese user also wanna to use gapps, even the Gov. banned google services here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160111124525.png
Views:	16914
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	3606020  
11th January 2016, 06:38 AM |#7  

More
Hope there's a way to root the device , to delete those useless pre-installed apps.
Thanks again.
12th January 2016, 01:18 PM |#8  

More
different huawei emuı page
hi my friends,

there is a problem about huawei emui page

I check the your advice but When I want to appliacaiton this step, I see different page in web site

and than I can not submit this step I don't take unlock code.

what is the problem pls help me !!
thanks
18th January 2016, 03:20 AM |#9  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petere15

hi my friends,

there is a problem about huawei emui page

I check the your advice but When I want to appliacaiton this step, I see different page in web site

and than I can not submit this step I don't take unlock code.

what is the problem pls help me !!
thanks

Hi petere15,

did you go to this website? it still seems fine to me?

https://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.ph...ock&mod=detail
29th January 2016, 05:06 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
The same model TIT-AL00 announced to India with the name of Honor Holly 2 Plus.
Review
This means that you can install the firmware, which has services Googe.
The Following User Says Thank You to andrik22 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andrik22 Ad-Free
29th January 2016, 05:32 PM |#11  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrik22

The same model TIT-AL00 announced to India with the name of Honor Holly 2 Plus.
Review
This means that you can install the firmware, which has services Googe.

Hey Andrik,

do you know where we can download that firmware?
and did you test that already? might be good to have a more westernized ROM available, so also the EMUI badges might work for whatsapp for example...
The Following User Says Thank You to gordonnorth For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gordonnorth Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)