HUAWEI Y7 PRIME (2018)/NOVA 2 LITE/LDN-LX2/LDN-L21/LDN-TL10 General Discussion

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 3

By Nomorenoless, Junior Member on 14th May 2018, 12:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th October 2018, 08:14 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have downloaded the source code, but how can I make a custom rom from it?
I'm using Huawei Nova 2 Lite how to root my device please help me

29th October 2018, 01:32 PM |#22  
Flag Sajlent Hil
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari tharan

I have downloaded the source code, but how can I make a custom rom from it?
I'm using Huawei Nova 2 Lite how to root my device please help me

Does sourcecode contain /kernel, /vendor folders only or you had found something more like device tree?
This should be enough to make custom recovery first, but for custom rom...something is missing.
The Following User Says Thank You to adeii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adeii Ad-Free
29th October 2018, 03:35 PM |#23  
Flag Sajlent Hil

More
I made backup of some partitions of LDN-L21B (Y7 P. '18) with stock rom (8.0.0.134-C432) [email protected].
There are no classic /boot, but partition /aboot, /kernel, /bootfail and /ramdisk; (i guess boot is splinted to kernel and ramdisk).
Stock recovery is splitted to /recovery_ramdisk and /recovery_vendor (i guess also /kernel, since no zImage on unpacked image)
There is also eRecovery with parts /erecovery_kernel, /erecovery_ramdisk and /erecovery_vendor. (/er_kernel is the same as /kernel). May be useful for future projects.
31st October 2018, 11:41 PM |#24  

More
I use y7 prime 2018(ldn-l21) but I can't find twrp file on Google can someone please send me a link and is there any other way to install it without pc
1st November 2018, 09:42 AM |#25  
Flag Sajlent Hil

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nena2410

I use y7 prime 2018(ldn-l21) but I can't find twrp file on Google can someone please send me a link and is there any other way to install it without pc

1 - its not made yet;
2 - we have to use PC to flash future twrp.img via fastboot command in bootloader mode...or it could be done with rooted phone, in terminal like: dd if=twrp.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p43
I guess it should be flash to /recovery_ramdisk partition.
1st November 2018, 05:58 PM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeii

Does sourcecode contain /kernel, /vendor folders only or you had found something more like device tree?
This should be enough to make custom recovery first, but for custom rom...something is missing.

Okay thank you
1st November 2018, 07:30 PM |#27  

More
Can someone tell me step by step if I can root y7 prime 2018(ldn-l21) without any custom recovery.?
Becase I can't find any custom recovery on internet
and king root and other apps don't work.
5th November 2018, 08:21 AM |#28  
Flag Sajlent Hil

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nena2410

Can someone tell me step by step if I can root y7 prime 2018(ldn-l21) without any custom recovery.?
Becase I can't find any custom recovery on internet
and king root and other apps don't work.

This guy did it over teamviewer and flexihub for 4$ ministryofsolutions.com/huawei-bootloader-unlock-paid-service-html. Cracking bootloader code will ERASE all data in phone (internal memory also). After 1st boot of phone, turn on adb debug and oem unlocking. Then unlock bootloader (in bootloader mode) with code that you got from "ministry of solutions"-guy and it will ERASE all data again. Use this guide.
Now easy part, overwrite ramdisk part of bootloader with patched ramdisk and install Magisk Manager to got rooted phone, with no need for custom recovery! Use this guide!
14th November 2018, 10:09 PM |#29  
Flag Sajlent Hil

More
Unhappy
TWRP is compiled (android 8.0 branch) and can not boot.
Error: dtb not found. Dummy (empty) recovery.img-dt or *.img-dtb not helping.

UPDATE: Built again, but no luck.
Even: flashboot boot zImage ramdisk.cpio.gz
freeze and do not boot to recovery. (zImage is stock from /kernel and ramdisk is from compiled TWRP recovery.img.
Even ramdisk from TRT-Lx1 TWRP do not work on Y7 Prime 2018. Any way to patch kernel to work with twrp?!
15th November 2018, 08:53 AM |#30  
Flag Sajlent Hil

More
With "cat /proc/config.gz > config.gz" and "adb pull config.gz", I got (stock) kernel config from Y7 Prime 2018. if someone needed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip london_defconfig.zip - [Click for QR Code] (27.8 KB, 94 views)
18th November 2018, 08:30 PM |#31  
Flag Sajlent Hil

More
Honor 7A and Honor 7C also has the same CPU MSM8937 but no twrp for them.
Honor 6A has older system, EMUI 5.1 and CPU MSM8937.
I tried to port Honor 6A's TWRP to stock recovery of Y7 Prime 2018..
It boots, but extremely unstable and reboots to recovery after 2 sec. You can not bypass recovery-loop, only way is to reflash original recovery_ramdisk in bootloader mode.
If someone can help, to make stable twrp, link is https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=285727.

Use fastboot flash recovery_ramdisk rec_ramdisk_honor6a.img and fastboot reboot to reboot to system. Then reboot to recovery using some app or adb command... Be sure that you already make backup of stock recovery_ramdisk for re-flashing / unbricking.

update: problem is probably in many *.rc files in /recovery_ramdisk but also in symlinked files from /vendor
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei-y7-prime

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)