By Nomorenoless, Junior Member on 14th May 2018, 12:05 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
31st March 2019, 09:46 AM |#81  
Flag Sajlent Hil
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzzUsesAndroid

Odd, the file you gave me was a stock recovery, not TWRP (or the file you gave me was in an unsupported format). I'm guessing the file you were supposed to give me was named "recovery_ramdisk.emmc.win"? I'm not even sure that would work though.

Sorry, wrong link. twrp-ldn-64bit-all.img
This one got working MTP, but something else is not working (adb I guess).
*.emmc.win is ext4 image, same format as *.img.
The Following User Says Thank You to adeii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adeii Ad-Free

11th May 2019, 09:03 PM |#82  
Flag Sajlent Hil

More
New TWRP v.3.3.0-0 for London. Mirror on AFH.

Works: Backup, restore, install zip/img, MTP, OTG, ADB, Sideload, format, wipe, etc.
Not work: FBE (suggestion: remove dm-verity and forced encryption).

Tipatched TWRP to include Internal SD in backup/restore/wipe/format: @ AFH

All drivers could be found in HiSuite 9.1.0.300_ove (latest).
25th May 2019, 10:41 PM |#83  
Flag Petaling Jaya
Thanks Meter: 10

More
@adeii , can you make a new backup for "firmware-modem"? Made a restore using the files from one of your threads and now EMUI doesn't even want to recognize the sim card slots due to "Failed to enable SIM Card slot". Also, rip my OEMinfo partition.

UPDATE 1: RIP GSIs don't even recognize the SIM card slot

Just fyi, the firmware-modem failed the flashing due to it failing to extract the backup which was firmware.vfat.win.

UPDATE 2: I think it was something else, does anyone have a clue on what's happening? Looks like I have to stick with Wi-fi and no mobile data
27th May 2019, 10:38 AM |#84  
Flag Sajlent Hil

More
Quote:

@adeii , can you make a new backup for "firmware-modem"? Made a restore using the files from one of your threads and now EMUI doesn't even want to recognize the sim card slots due to "Failed to enable SIM Card slot". Also, rip my OEMinfo partition.
Just fyi, the firmware-modem failed the flashing due to it failing to extract the backup which was firmware.vfat.win.

Not a problem. New back up with FW-ddumper and TWRP 3.3.0.0.
fwdd-backup
twrp-backup

Maybe some partitions have bad definition:
Code:
/firmware         vfat        /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem    flags=display="Firmware-modem"
/modem           emmc    /dev/block/mmcblk0p37                                  flags=display="Modem";backup=1;flashimg
/oeminfo          emmc    /dev/block/mmcblk0p30                                 flags=display="OEMinfo";backup=1;flashimg
/modemst1      emmc    /dev/block/mmcblk0p32                                  flags=display="Modemst1";backup=1;flashimg
/modemst2     emmc    /dev/block/mmcblk0p33                                  flags=display="Modemst2";backup=1;flashimg
Online system list does not have /firmware, but it has /modem, /modemst1, /modemst2 as defined as above. Firmware line is sufficient!
So, ignore to restore /firmware but restore /modem. Since it is in emmc format, it should be full "image" to flash, not just files.
About SIM card: I use EU region, firmware C432, dual SIM.
27th May 2019, 03:37 PM |#85  
Flag Petaling Jaya

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeii

Not a problem. New back up with FW-ddumper and TWRP 3.3.0.0.
fwdd-backup
twrp-backup

Maybe some partitions have bad definition:

Code:
/firmware         vfat        /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/modem    flags=display="Firmware-modem"
/modem           emmc    /dev/block/mmcblk0p37                                  flags=display="Modem";backup=1;flashimg
/oeminfo          emmc    /dev/block/mmcblk0p30                                 flags=display="OEMinfo";backup=1;flashimg
/modemst1      emmc    /dev/block/mmcblk0p32                                  flags=display="Modemst1";backup=1;flashimg
/modemst2     emmc    /dev/block/mmcblk0p33                                  flags=display="Modemst2";backup=1;flashimg
Online system list does not have /firmware, but it has /modem, /modemst1, /modemst2 as defined as above. Firmware line is sufficient!
So, ignore to restore /firmware but restore /modem. Since it is in emmc format, it should be full "image" to flash, not just files.
About SIM card: I use EU region, firmware C432, dual SIM.

Well, just got this message after sending my device to the service center. Looks like I’m gonna wait for the device for about two days. Good thing it’s still under warranty (even though I unlocked the bootloader).
27th May 2019, 10:31 PM |#86  
Flag Sajlent Hil

More
Quote:

Well, just got this message after sending my device to the service center.

Sorry to hear it. Did you try to restore it with eRecovery or HiSuite by yourself ?!
31st May 2019, 04:22 PM |#87  
Flag Petaling Jaya

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adeii

Sorry to hear it. Did you try to restore it with eRecovery or HiSuite by yourself ?!

eRecovery died. Couldn't get to recovery and bootloader was FRP locked so no way of getting to device.

Good thing this device was under warranty. In return they changed the whole motherboard of the device. Meaning that IMEI and SN was changed.

Looks like I'm going to wait for a week before paying MOS to unlock my bootloader again.
The Following User Says Thank You to EzzUsesAndroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EzzUsesAndroid Ad-Free
12th June 2019, 10:54 AM |#88  
Flag Sajlent Hil

More
@EzzUsesAndroid
Does you wide-focus rear camera (2 MPx) work on Permissive-kernel in stock Camera app ?!
I have lost that option, all I got is Beautify on both front and rear camera.

UPDATE: Restored backup from april, everything works fine.

Diffs in defconfig between L21 and LX2 are:
CONFIG_HZ=300 vs 100
CONFIG_HUAWEI_PROC_SMAPS_SIMPLE=y . . . . vs . . . . . n\a
CONFIG_FRAME_POINTER=y . . . . vs . . . . . n\a
CONFIG_WBT=y . . . . vs . . . . . n\a
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei-y7-prime

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)