FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Idea contest for the future development of open source software and operating systems

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Zeng1987, Junior Member on 25th April 2016, 03:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Dear users of xda developers

Within the context of a research project by the Institute of Technology and Innovation Management at the Helmut-Schmidt-University Hamburg, we are investigating the potential of online communities as an instrument for the prediction of future developments and trends. We are planning to execute an “idea contest” which separates in four phases. We have no financial interests in the ideas. We are only interested how online communities discuss about the future.

THE PROCEDURE
First phase
How will open source software and operating systems look like in the year 2030?

This phase is a brainstorming of the future development open source software and operating systems.
The ideas and concepts should be posted within this thread and be discussed with other users. It doesn’t matter how detailed the concepts or ideas are. There is no right or wrong. Every idea and concept, regardless how farfetched or ‘exaggerated’ will be considered.
Time period for this round: 14 days.

We are looking forward to your discussions!
If you have any questions, just write here in the thread or contact us. We will guide you through the contest!
And now let’s start with phase 1!

@Zeng1987 & @Gideon92

___
@svetius approved

26th April 2016, 06:52 PM |#2  

More
Hey folks, we,
@Zeng1987 and myself, are very eager to hear your ideas and concepts how open soruce software and operating systems look like in 2030!

Best regards,
@Gideon92
2nd June 2016, 12:38 PM |#3  

More
Cloud Computing
Hey Guys,

This sounds quite interesting.
I think cloud computing will play an important role for the future and will replace external storages.

In my company everthing is saved and stored in a cloud.

What do you guys think?

---
Qwertz92
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)