FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Kyocera DuraForce Super Thread

1,349 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,292
 
By kemonine96, Inactive Recognized Developer on 12th June 2015, 11:42 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th July 2015, 07:43 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
New OTA Update
I just got notified of an available OTA update but I can't find a changelog or any info on it yet. I'll be sure to post it if I find it.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomzweifel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tomzweifel Ad-Free
 
 
25th July 2015, 07:47 PM |#12  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 1,292
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomzweifel

I just got notified of an available OTA update but I can't find a changelog or any info on it yet. I'll be sure to post it if I find it.

Please do. I haven't gotten any notifications yet and I'm kinda curious what the OTA will contain.
30th July 2015, 08:15 AM |#13  
Dkesler76's Avatar
Member
Flag Dixie
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
http://www.att.com/esupport/article....B426870&cv=820

Software update includes

Kyocera Remote Lock

Miscellaneous improvements, fixes, and security updates
The Following User Says Thank You to Dkesler76 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dkesler76 Ad-Free
30th July 2015, 09:10 AM |#14  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 1,292
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkesler76

http://www.att.com/esupport/article....B426870&cv=820

Software update includes

Kyocera Remote Lock

Miscellaneous improvements, fixes, and security updates

Thanks for the heads up. Too bad it's not L.
31st July 2015, 12:22 PM |#15  
Dkesler76's Avatar
Member
Flag Dixie
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemonine96

Thanks for the heads up. Too bad it's not L.

np yeah i wished it was to lol... seems that my phone wont take the ota i did delete the bloatware....probably why it wont update u know how to force the ota or do u know where i can get the apks to reinstall them to update it... ty dan
16th August 2015, 10:10 PM |#16  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 1,292
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkesler76

np yeah i wished it was to lol... seems that my phone wont take the ota i did delete the bloatware....probably why it wont update u know how to force the ota or do u know where i can get the apks to reinstall them to update it... ty dan

I managed to free up some time this weekend and I'm going to be pulling the OTA and seeing what I can do for re-packing it for those of us who are rooted and/or de-bloated.

Will post back with more info after I've had some time to poke at the OTA some.

Edit 1: Looks like this has patches for system and boot. /cache/delata looks like the directory where everything was downloaded. Hopefully binwalk and some other tools will yield useful information on what's contained within.

Edit 2: Looks like I was able to install the OTA despite being rooted. I'm waiting for 1st boot to verify root persisted and I'm also working on mirroring a number of partitions that can be used to "go back" to stock as well as images for updated partitions post-OTA.
17th August 2015, 12:42 AM |#17  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 1,292
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkesler76

np yeah i wished it was to lol... seems that my phone wont take the ota i did delete the bloatware....probably why it wont update u know how to force the ota or do u know where i can get the apks to reinstall them to update it... ty dan

I managed to get a stock boot and system partition uploaded today that you should be able to use to restore the de-bloated apps. The image is here

You can use a Linux machine (or other methods) to extract the APKs and put them back or use busybox + dd to restore the contents of the partition (you may need to re-root if writing the partition using dd). There are some good guys on XDA and elsewhere on how to restore a partition image on an Android device.

Edit: The posted file is for an ATT device
17th August 2015, 12:45 AM |#18  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 1,292
 
Donate to Me
More
Good news everybody! The ATT OTA doesn't remove root and can be installed as-is provided you've not de-bloated the ROM or installed Xposed. If you've de-bloated (see below) you'll need to restore the missing bloatware and if you've installed Xposed, you'll need to uninstall it prior to applying the OTA.

In one of the early OP's there's a link to the "misc file mirror" that contains partition images for boot and system partitions. These are from an ATT device and can be used to restore back to a state that'll allow the OTA to apply.

Happy hacking and OTAing everyone.
18th August 2015, 11:44 PM |#19  
Dkesler76's Avatar
Member
Flag Dixie
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemonine96

I managed to get a stock boot and system partition uploaded today that you should be able to use to restore the de-bloated apps. The image is here

You can use a Linux machine (or other methods) to extract the APKs and put them back or use busybox + dd to restore the contents of the partition (you may need to re-root if writing the partition using dd). There are some good guys on XDA and elsewhere on how to restore a partition image on an Android device.

Edit: The posted file is for an ATT device

weird i tried dd and busy box and no go not showing up on device
18th August 2015, 11:47 PM |#20  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 1,292
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkesler76

weird i tried dd and busy box and no go not showing up on device

What isn't showing up?
18th August 2015, 11:52 PM |#21  
Dkesler76's Avatar
Member
Flag Dixie
Thanks Meter: 5
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemonine96

What isn't showing up?

maybe im doing it wrong but seems i cant transfer the partition to phone plus its not showing an image file. i may be doing it all wrong lol
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
kyocera-duraforce

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes