Thanks Meter: 11

By Halwer, Senior Member on 4th September 2019, 11:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th November 2019, 12:18 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halwer

You should not have flash the recovery image to the boot partition. These partitions are not the same, be careful! Now you can save your data from TWRP via MTP connection to your computer. After that restore your phone with QPST to the latest pie ROM or to the oreo ROM from yandex. The oreo ROM is flashable from recovery, it is easier.

Is it possible to just flash the boot partition (boot) again, if I get the boot.img from another rom?
I don't want to lose the stock rom
7th November 2019, 03:17 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcire_eae

Is it possible to just flash the boot partition (boot) again, if I get the boot.img from another rom?
I don't want to lose the stock rom

Maybe you can try to download a ROM file, extract it and flash the boot image, but I'm not sure if it is going to work.
7th November 2019, 08:18 PM |#13  

More
Quote:

Maybe you can try to download a ROM file, extract it and flash the boot image, but I'm not sure if it is going to work.

I'm going to try, and even,
on this page there are android 9, will it be true?
"https: // mirrors.lolinet.com/ firmware / lenovo /l58041/"
but first I will do it with the "O" stock, which you mention here.

I hope it will work again.
8th November 2019, 02:30 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I'm going to try, and even,
on this page there are android 9, will it be true?
"https: // mirrors.lolinet.com/ firmware / lenovo /l58041/"
but first I will do it with the "O" stock, which you mention here.

I hope it will work again.

You should do the oreo version, if your were on the global oreo ROM. After that you can try the pie version, if nothing works don't worry you can do a backup of your data from twrp to your computer and flash a custom ROM or the chinese Pie version, which is recommended. With root access you can easily debloat the chinese ROM and with AdAway you can disable all communications pointing to chinese servers or websites. I also found these. Maybe you can give them a try.
9th November 2019, 09:14 AM |#15  

More
After a few hours I was finally able to install the "Chinese stock rom", although I struggled, since the files of the "rom" of the l58041 do not quite coincide with the "stupdroid" tutorial and some files have two different versions, something like that:

here I chose the "ddr" .
prog_emmc_firehose_xxxx_ddr.mbn (.elf). prog_emmc_firehose_xxxx.lite.mbn (.elf).

here I chose the "retain_userdata".
rawprogram0.xml. rawprogram0_retain_userdata.xml.

and in qfil "Flat Build", however I don't know if it was the right thing because at the beginning I was asked for a password ("but that's another topic").

To add a language (without root), use local more apk.
"https: // c. mi. com / thread-2098669-1-0.html"

To root the "radiationofthenation" thread worked me.

"https:. //forum .xda-developers . com/general/help/lenovo-s5-pro-root-global-firmware-help-t3895643/page2"
9th November 2019, 11:26 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

After a few hours I was finally able to install the "Chinese stock rom", although I struggled, since the files of the "rom" of the l58041 do not quite coincide with the "stupdroid" tutorial and some files have two different versions, something like that:

here I chose the "ddr" prog_emmc_firehose_xxxx_ddr.mbn (.elf). prog_emmc_firehose_xxxx.lite.mbn (.elf).

here I chose the "retain_userdata" rawprogram0.xml. rawprogram0_retain_userdata.xml.

and in qfil "Flat Build", however I don't know if it was the right thing because at the beginning I was asked for a password ("but that's another topic").

To add a language (without root), use local more apk.
"https: // c. mi. com / thread-2098669-1-0.html"

To root the "radiationofthenation" thread worked me.

"https:. //forum .xda-developers . com/general/help/lenovo-s5-pro-root-global-firmware-help-t3895643/page2"

I'm glad it is working for you now. Yes, you are right the tutorials flap at some points, but there are other tutorials which you can follow and make it work. For the first time I was struggling with the restoration, too. You will see, that the chinese ROM is quite good, you just have to uninstall the bloatware and disable spying DNS requests.
9th November 2019, 04:33 PM |#17  

More
Quote:

I'm glad it is working for you now. Yes, you are right the tutorials flap at some points, but there are other tutorials which you can follow and make it work. For the first time I was struggling with the restoration, too. You will see, that the chinese ROM is quite good, you just have to uninstall the bloatware and disable spying DNS requests.

Ohh, explain more about spying. And also if you know something about the message that Android told me when I start. I remember that I flashed twrp.img using "fastboot", and when I asked for a password to decrypt, it only allowed me to clear cache and dalvit cache (I did wipe), and when I started again I showed a message saying that I was encrypting and a percentage, just here, I interrupted the process by turning off the cell phone, and flashed again with qfil (download). So when I start I just remember that I said something about the cell phone being restored and then I could restore the copy with my Google account. So what I think is that when the message of "TO START ANDROID ENTER YOUR PASSWORD" is displayed, it may work to interrupt or perhaps to put the incorrect password many times to automatically reset or also choose "rawprogram0.xml" in qfil (but I did not dare because it deletes it the information related to the imeil and the signal or at least that says some comments ). Now there is only one who can interpret what happened and to have clearer the restoration process, the rom seems to me very much the problem of the language is solved with "more local", I am from Mexico (At & t).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
firmware, global, l58041, lenovo, s5 pro

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)