By flipp0, Senior Member on 24th March 2019, 06:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th April 2019, 12:49 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymaki

Thanks & yes, I don't expect much in the way of global updates. I was more thinking that with the G firmware one has the option to change to the A version which gets regular updates. I like playing around with different firmwares but having the RU version it won't be possible unless someone finds a way.

Sounds really odd that it is not possible to flash china firmware on your device. I have had Meizu phones with "vendor roms" but always flashed china firmware on these.

It is usually possible to flash china firmware on devices with global firmware (but not the other way around). I had Meizu 15 Plus with the chinese firmware, had to pay $15 to a guy who changed the device ID to global, it was then possible to flash the global firmware. Perhaps you can send him a message and ask about your problem: https://www.facebook.com/nguyenle.huu.5

I will probably stay on global firmware on my device. Android Auto and google contact sync does not work on chinese firmware.
10th April 2019, 01:05 PM |#12  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipp0

Sounds really odd that it is not possible to flash china firmware on your device. I have had Meizu phones with "vendor roms" but always flashed china firmware on these.

It is usually possible to flash china firmware on devices with global firmware (but not the other way around). I had Meizu 15 Plus with the chinese firmware, had to pay $15 to a guy who changed the device ID to global, it was then possible to flash the global firmware. Perhaps you can send him a message and ask about your problem: https://www.facebook.com/nguyenle.huu.5

I will probably stay on global firmware on my device. Android Auto and google contact sync does not work on chinese firmware.

Apparently with Flyme 7 they have removed that option. I was digging around at 4PDA & everyone there confirmed it wasn't possible if RU version was on the phone. Not sure why this would be as the only apparent differences I can see are specific Russian app's which are all linked to Yandex, perhaps there is some agreement between the two?
Thanks for the contact, I'll ask the question to see what's possible....
10th April 2019, 01:09 PM |#13  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymaki

Apparently with Flyme 7 they have removed that option. I was digging around at 4PDA & everyone there confirmed it wasn't possible if RU version was on the phone. Not sure why this would be as the only apparent differences I can see are specific Russian app's which are all linked to Yandex, perhaps there is some agreement between the two?
Thanks for the contact, I'll ask the question to see what's possible....

Yes, ask him. He might be able to help you.

Another option would be to sell the phone second hand and buy a new one with global or chinese firmware. It is dirt cheap now. Meizu Note 9 also seems like a good phone.
10th April 2019, 01:20 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
I tested both the stock camera and the gcam quite a lot yesterday. Night sight on gcam works great and is really fantastic . However, I do feel that the stock camera is as good as gcam in most other scenarios. That is a bit surprising since on the Xiaomi-phones I have owned, gcam is usally much better than the stock camera across the board.
11th April 2019, 01:07 PM |#15  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:

I tested both the stock camera and the gcam quite a lot yesterday. Night sight on gcam works great and is really fantastic . However, I do feel that the stock camera is as good as gcam in most other scenarios. That is a bit surprising since on the Xiaomi-phones I have owned, gcam is usally much better than the stock camera across the board.

I did the same today as I was with the kids watching a school Easter parade! I found the same as you noted, both seem to work as well in daylight as did the video mode in both. Night definitely works better with Gcam.
The Following User Says Thank You to mightymaki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mightymaki Ad-Free
29th August 2019, 09:13 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Ehm...
I want to unlock this device.
Is it possible?
1st September 2019, 02:36 PM |#17  
Flag Arequipa
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have this mobile since May, so far it is going very well and I am waiting for Flyme 8 that will leave for December. Thanks for the apk of the gcam I tried several and they did not work.
1st September 2019, 04:23 PM |#18  
Flag Arequipa

More
Install the gcam but the image remains frozen when I want to take a picture
19th September 2019, 01:14 AM |#19  
Flag izmir
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced_Guard

Ehm...
I want to unlock this device.
Is it possible?

It was, now unlock tool and twrp is lost somewhere one of the chinese internet pages. It is a shame, though that phone born with treble but meizu is not updating android version, they dont even need to change any vendor, and also there is no developer support to do anything for treble. Looks like we are stuck with flyme and android 8.1 forever

---------- Post added at 02:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by motocrazy

Install the gcam but the image remains frozen when I want to take a picture

Clear gcam's data from setrings/apps. And be sure you have the right version. Also some gcams doesn't shot without hdr+ is open.
19th September 2019, 01:23 AM |#20  
Flag Arequipa

More
Install another version of gcam but I prefer to use the native camera app for now
22nd September 2019, 05:30 PM |#21  

More
Quote:

Sounds great!

I am using this gcam mod now:
https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/gcam...4a_TlnNeun.apk

Just install and then apply these settings:

Night mode works!

Gcam doesn't work for me. opens but moves frame by frame ... and does not take photos or anything
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)