Micromax Bharat 1 is a feature phone with 4G VoLTE capability at extremely low cost.
Below are its basic specs:
- Runs on Snapdragon 200.
- Has a custom-made Android KitKat 4.4.4 based rom with a minimalist UI.
- Has a 240x320 resolution display.
- 2000mAH battery.
- To get into recovery mode: '*' + Power on
- To get into fastboot mode: '#' + Power on
What will you find in this thread?
- To enable adb and installation of apps from unknown sources.
- To obtain root privileges.
- Discussion and more ideas worth exploring
To enable installing from unknown sources and to enable adb, follow the instructions below.
- Make sure you have installed all the necessary drivers.
- Download and extract everything from the attachment to a folder.
- Turn off your device.
- Put it in fastboot mode and connect to your PC.
- Once you can confirm that the device is correctly recognized, open up a powershell (Shift + Right click) in the extracted folder. (Or a terminal if you are using linux based distro).
- Type in the following:
fastboot devices fastboot boot recovery_V407.img
- Your device will now reboot to recovery. The recovery I have provided is not complete. So you will not be able to do much with it on the device. However adb works. So let's continue.
- Type in the following code to enable adb
adb shell mount system echo '' >> /system/build.prop echo '# Enable ADB (By Ravikirancg)' >> /system/build.prop echo 'persist.service.adb.enable=1' >> /system/build.prop echo 'persist.service.debuggable=1' >> /system/build.prop echo 'persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb' >> /system/build.prop reboot
- This should reboot your device.
- Once you are back in the interface of your phone, you should be able to see an icon on the status bar indicating adb. Just press the left soft key and then notifications.
- Now click on the notification about adb. This should take you to the hidden Developer Settings which you could not access earlier.
- Scroll down and click on "Revoke USB debugging authorisations".
- Turn off Debugging and back on. This should prompt a dialogue box that asks you for providing debugging authorisations. Tick always allow and then on OK. (Enter something like 'adb devices' on the powershell if required.)
- Type in 'adb devices' in powershell and it should show your devices id and then 'device' instead of 'unauthorised'
Congrats! You have now enabled android debugging on Micromax Bharat 1.
Now using this, let us enable installing apks from unknown sources. To do that follow the steps below:
- Type in
adb shell settings put global install_non_market_apps 1
That's it! Go ahead and install an apk file that you downloaded from the internet or sent from another phone. You will now be able to do it.
Do note that even though you can install any app you want, it is really difficult to navigate in the app as most are not designed for non-touch screen phones. Apps like share it does work well though.
Going further, if you wish to root your phone, you will need to download the latest installation zip file, extract everything and push the su binary to its place manually. And the install the apk using adb.
Well that's it for now! Go ahead and let me know what you wish to do further! Happy Hacking!