Micromax Bharat 1 (V407) Root and More

Search This thread

Ravikirancg

May 3, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi 11i
TQUgDM0.png

Micromax Bharat 1 is a feature phone with 4G VoLTE capability at extremely low cost.
Below are its basic specs:

1. Runs on Snapdragon 200.
  2. Has a custom-made Android KitKat 4.4.4 based rom with a minimalist UI.
  3. Has a 240x320 resolution display.
  4. 2000mAH battery.

Basic Notes:
  1. To get into recovery mode: '*' + Power on
  2. To get into fastboot mode: '#' + Power on

What will you find in this thread?
  • To enable adb and installation of apps from unknown sources.
  • To obtain root privileges.
  • Discussion and more ideas worth exploring

To enable installing from unknown sources and to enable adb, follow the instructions below.
  • Make sure you have installed all the necessary drivers.
  • Download and extract everything from the attachment to a folder.
  • Turn off your device.
  • Put it in fastboot mode and connect to your PC.
  • Once you can confirm that the device is correctly recognized, open up a powershell (Shift + Right click) in the extracted folder. (Or a terminal if you are using linux based distro).
  • Type in the following:
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    fastboot boot recovery_V407.img
  • Your device will now reboot to recovery. The recovery I have provided is not complete. So you will not be able to do much with it on the device. However adb works. So let's continue.
  • Type in the following code to enable adb
    Code:
    adb shell
    mount system
    echo '' >> /system/build.prop
    echo '# Enable ADB (By Ravikirancg)' >> /system/build.prop
    echo 'persist.service.adb.enable=1' >> /system/build.prop 
    echo 'persist.service.debuggable=1' >> /system/build.prop
    echo 'persist.sys.usb.config=mtp,adb' >> /system/build.prop
    reboot
  • This should reboot your device.
  • Once you are back in the interface of your phone, you should be able to see an icon on the status bar indicating adb. Just press the left soft key and then notifications.
  • Now click on the notification about adb. This should take you to the hidden Developer Settings which you could not access earlier.
  • Scroll down and click on "Revoke USB debugging authorisations".
  • Turn off Debugging and back on. This should prompt a dialogue box that asks you for providing debugging authorisations. Tick always allow and then on OK. (Enter something like 'adb devices' on the powershell if required.)
  • Type in 'adb devices' in powershell and it should show your devices id and then 'device' instead of 'unauthorised'

Congrats! You have now enabled android debugging on Micromax Bharat 1.
Now using this, let us enable installing apks from unknown sources. To do that follow the steps below:
  • Type in
    Code:
    adb shell settings put global install_non_market_apps 1

That's it! Go ahead and install an apk file that you downloaded from the internet or sent from another phone. You will now be able to do it.

Do note that even though you can install any app you want, it is really difficult to navigate in the app as most are not designed for non-touch screen phones. Apps like share it does work well though.

Going further, if you wish to root your phone, you will need to download the latest installation zip file, extract everything and push the su binary to its place manually. And the install the apk using adb.

Well that's it for now! Go ahead and let me know what you wish to do further! Happy Hacking!

Attachments

• mmx_Bharat1_Tools.zip
    11 MB · Views: 27,009
Last edited:

Sumati59697

Jan 16, 2018
Network problem

No internet working on phone after fastboot boot recovery img.v407

Last edited:

Sumati59697

Jan 16, 2018
Data not working

fastboot boot recovery_V407.img after doing this no internet.I have usb debbugging on but after that no adb devices found on adb shell it
Shows adb device attached

Like this.I have stuck at this place.

kalianee

Feb 26, 2017
android go

can android go version could come in this mobile .because android go programm is for lite hardware phone.i think there would be a custom rom for this phone as the current software is very buggy.:){v407}

shahidalam31012018

Jan 31, 2018
Unable to enable unknown apps installation

Plz tell me full procedures to enable unknown apps installation however I have enable USB debugging
Plz help any body also who have enable it.
Thanks

gourabpa

Oct 14, 2012
Now using this, let us enable installing apks from unknown sources. To do that follow the steps below:
  • Type in
    Code:

i have Successfully able to bring on Developer Mode ON but after that adb devices when we enter it shows list of devices attached......not the device id......
for not showing Device id this last code [adb shell settings put global install_non_market_apps 1] go going on

so please help me

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

Works like a charm, hell lot of thanks ser

but how did u able to install app from unknown sources.........i mean developer option is on but unknown source installer still not opened.......

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Can we get system updates after doing this.

nope u can get ota updates & updates will download but after that clicking on install the updates phone will reboot but new update file will not show the system update thus it will automatically reboot the phone but again ota update will pop up that means update will not happen........

Last edited:

shahidalam31012018

Jan 31, 2018
unable to install Unknown app

After connecting phone in fastboot
Entering following code in command opne by shift+right click in adb folder.
'fastboot devices (inter)
fastboot boot recovery_V407.img (inter)
adb shell settings put global install_non_market_apps 1 (inter)
error come following:-
/sbin/sh/: settings: not found

How can it enable?????????????????

Ravikirancg

May 3, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 2
Xiaomi Mi 11i
After connecting phone in fastboot
Entering following code in command opne by shift+right click in adb folder.
'fastboot devices (inter)
fastboot boot recovery_V407.img (inter)
adb shell settings put global install_non_market_apps 1 (inter)
error come following:-
/sbin/sh/: settings: not found

How can it enable?????????????????

Read the OP correctly. You are not supposed to do that. You are in fastboot only to modify the build prop and thus enable adb. To enable unknown sources, you need to be booted up into the rom and then have adb enabled.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TQUgDM0.png

Micromax Bharat 1 is a feature phone with 4G VoLTE capability at extremely low cost.
    Below are its basic specs:

1. Runs on Snapdragon 200.
    2. Has a custom-made Android KitKat 4.4.4 based rom with a minimalist UI.
    3. Has a 240x320 resolution display.
    4. 2000mAH battery.

Basic Notes:
    1. To get into recovery mode: '*' + Power on
    2. To get into fastboot mode: '#' + Power on

What will you find in this thread?
    • To enable adb and installation of apps from unknown sources.
    • To obtain root privileges.
    • Discussion and more ideas worth exploring

To enable installing from unknown sources and to enable adb, follow the instructions below.
    • Make sure you have installed all the necessary drivers.
    • Download and extract everything from the attachment to a folder.
    • Turn off your device.
    • Put it in fastboot mode and connect to your PC.
    • Once you can confirm that the device is correctly recognized, open up a powershell (Shift + Right click) in the extracted folder. (Or a terminal if you are using linux based distro).
    • Type in the following:
      Code:
      fastboot devices
      fastboot boot recovery_V407.img
    • Your device will now reboot to recovery. The recovery I have provided is not complete. So you will not be able to do much with it on the device. However adb works. So let's continue.
    • Type in the following code to enable adb
      Code:
      adb shell
      mount system
      echo '# Enable ADB (By Ravikirancg)' >> /system/build.prop
      reboot
    • This should reboot your device.
    • Once you are back in the interface of your phone, you should be able to see an icon on the status bar indicating adb. Just press the left soft key and then notifications.
    • Now click on the notification about adb. This should take you to the hidden Developer Settings which you could not access earlier.
    • Scroll down and click on "Revoke USB debugging authorisations".
    • Turn off Debugging and back on. This should prompt a dialogue box that asks you for providing debugging authorisations. Tick always allow and then on OK. (Enter something like 'adb devices' on the powershell if required.)
    • Type in 'adb devices' in powershell and it should show your devices id and then 'device' instead of 'unauthorised'

• Type in
      Code:

That's it! Go ahead and install an apk file that you downloaded from the internet or sent from another phone. You will now be able to do it.

Do note that even though you can install any app you want, it is really difficult to navigate in the app as most are not designed for non-touch screen phones. Apps like share it does work well though.

Going further, if you wish to root your phone, you will need to download the latest installation zip file, extract everything and push the su binary to its place manually. And the install the apk using adb.

Well that's it for now! Go ahead and let me know what you wish to do further! Happy Hacking!
    Development mode disappeared for me too when I chose USB mode: charger. But I've already enabled install of 3rd party APK and rooted it. How do I get back to development mode from this place without factory reset?

INSTALL "Quick shortcut manager" and search for developer option in activity tab then click on settings now click on try then you can see developer option menu
    1. Download and extract everything from the View attachment 4444819 to a folder.
    2. Turn off your device.
    3. Put it in fastboot mode and connect to your PC.
    4. Go to into fastboot mode: '#' + Power on
    5. Open the folder which u have downloaded
    6. After that click on Cmd Here [Gourab] Command Prompt Will Open then type the following code

Type in the following:​
    fastboot devices
    fastboot boot recovery_V407.img​

7. Your device will now reboot to recovery. The recovery I have provided is not complete. So you will not be able to do much with it on the device. However adb works. So let's continue.

Type in the following code below to enable adb in that same Command Prompt which u have open earlier​
    adb shell
    mount system
    echo '# Enable ADB (By Gourab)' >> /system/build.prop
    reboot​

8. Above Code should reboot your device.
    9. When Phone Reboot Complete then a pop up window will appear tick on that small box [allow always developer mode].

Then Type in that command prompt​
    adb devices
    exit​

10. Now doing above all code successfully That's it! Go ahead and install an apk file that you copied from the computer through data cable. You will now able to install that apk file.
    11. I Will Provile Some APK File for the noobs just download it and then copy the file to phone after that open phone File Explorer then click on Folder after that search the file name and install it thats it.
    Screenshot_2018-03-12-17-45-33.png Screenshot_2018-03-12-17-45-53.png

View attachment 4444798
    View attachment 4444799
    View attachment 4459770
    View attachment 4459769
    View attachment 4459771

12. If u cant install apk file but developer mode is ON then follow the steps from 1st Point to Last Point.

13. JioTV Working Video Link = https://youtu.be/i_3wwyiRQok

finally i have able to complete all the process.............and now i can install any app i want see screenshot below