FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD][THEME] WhatsApp desktop dark mode

37 posts
Thanks Meter: 43
 
Post Reply Email Thread
I know this is not related to mobile but thought I'd share this here with everyone.

I've been so sick of the eye burning light colored UI on WhatsApp desktop for so long and decided to come up with a dark mode myself. Here's a screenshot of the result.

WhatsApp desktop dark mode (Windows)

It was very satisfying and thought this is worth sharing. Made a little installer script for both Windows and macOS and published it as an open-source project.
FYI, this is not a modded version of WhatsApp. It'll just modify the styling of your currently installed build of WhatsApp desktop. It's 100% safe and anybody's welcome to look through the source code and review.

Downloads and Instructions :
https://github.com/m4heshd/whatsapp-desktop-dark

Please note that this script won't work with microsoft store or app store version of WhatsApp desktop

Enjoy!!!
The Following 33 Users Say Thank You to m4heshd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m4heshd Ad-Free
 
 
3rd September 2019, 06:15 AM |#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Can not run the file in Mac, it's a text file. Why can't people leave proper instructions?
3rd September 2019, 07:19 AM |#3  
dmdelgado's Avatar
Senior Member
Miami
Thanks Meter: 43
 
More
Error Windows
Hello thank you for making this dark mode I have been searching for something like this for a while!

Unfortunately I keep receiving this error.

Any idea why?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Error Windows_.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	4814499  
3rd September 2019, 07:41 AM |#4  
2uk3y's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Malaysia
Thanks Meter: 190
 
More
name unreadable
thanks @m4heshd for this mod. everything look perfect except one... look the pic that i attach.
in group chat, name next to phone number unreadable. hope can fix this.
thanks
Click image for larger version

Name:	test.png
Views:	706
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	4814503
3rd September 2019, 08:01 AM |#5  
Parth2187's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 107
 
More
This is awesome, thank you for making this dark mode for WhatsApp however I tried to run the script on my Mac and it keeps giving error. Is there any workaround for this?

https://imgur.com/a/Ibk9yLb
3rd September 2019, 09:34 AM |#6  
OP Member
Flag Sri Lanka
Thanks Meter: 43
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmdelgado

Hello thank you for making this dark mode I have been searching for something like this for a while!

Unfortunately I keep receiving this error.

Any idea why?

Hi,
Thank you for trying this out. The error occurs because you have the windows store version of WhatsApp. You can find the issue on Github here.

https://github.com/m4heshd/whatsapp-...-dark/issues/3

As mentioned in the above issue, please try the direct download version from their web and let me know how it goes.
The Following User Says Thank You to m4heshd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m4heshd Ad-Free
3rd September 2019, 09:38 AM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Sri Lanka
Thanks Meter: 43
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2uk3y

thanks @m4heshd for this mod. everything look perfect except one... look the pic that i attach.
in group chat, name next to phone number unreadable. hope can fix this.
thanks
Attachment 4814503

Hi @2uk3y,

Thanks for trying this out. That's weird because I'm unable to reproduce this issue.



Can you check your WhatsApp version and let me know?
3rd September 2019, 09:41 AM |#8  
OP Member
Flag Sri Lanka
Thanks Meter: 43
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parth2187

This is awesome, thank you for making this dark mode for WhatsApp however I tried to run the script on my Mac and it keeps giving error. Is there any workaround for this?

https://imgur.com/a/Ibk9yLb

Hi @Parth2187,

Thanks for trying this out. Can you take a look at this issue on GitHub and try the solutions I've mentioned there?

https://github.com/m4heshd/whatsapp-...-dark/issues/3

Let me know how it goes.
3rd September 2019, 09:46 AM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Thank You so much ... Works perfectly and looks amazing !!!
Can you remove the white squares around emojis if possible ?
3rd September 2019, 10:03 AM |#10  
OP Member
Flag Sri Lanka
Thanks Meter: 43
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liftedcorn

Thank You so much ... Works perfectly and looks amazing !!!
Can you remove the white squares around emojis if possible ?

Hi @Liftedcorn,

You're very welcome and thanks for trying this out.
Unfortunately emojis on the emoji tab are loaded to a canvas from one big JPG with a white background. So it's not fixable at all. I've tried. Really sorry about that.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4heshd For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m4heshd Ad-Free
3rd September 2019, 10:10 AM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4heshd

Hi @Liftedcorn,

You're very welcome and thanks for trying this out.
Unfortunately emojis on the emoji tab are loaded to a canvas from one big JPG with a white background. So it's not fixable at all. I've tried. Really sorry about that.

It's totally fine.... Not a big issue 😄
Works like a charm. Thank You again. 😇
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread