OP Member
Flag Sri Lanka
Thanks Meter: 65

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadakli2010

Hello,

First of all, thanks for the dark theme, much appreciated. It was working just fine until Whatsapp updated to the latest version and now I get an error when trying to run the script. I uninstalled and reinstall whatsapp and confirmed I have the latest version of wadark as well. I am also using the Whatsapp version found here https://www.whatsapp.com/download/. I have included a screenshot. Thanks.

Hi @sadakli2010,
Pelase try using Windows powershell to run WADark.exe and let me know how it goes.
10th October 2019, 05:14 PM |#82  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m4heshd

Hi @sadakli2010,
Pelase try using Windows powershell to run WADark.exe and let me know how it goes.

Hello,

I tried Powershell as you requested but I got the same error as command prompt. Screenshot attached. Any ideas as to what is causing this? It worked before like a charm so I am so confused haha.

Edit: I was curious so I downloaded the previous version of wadark, v0.3.4678, and it worked like a charm with no errors (although the font color is messed up). The issue that I am experiencing is only with the latest version.

Edit 2:After installing v0.3.4678, I decided to try the latest version again to see what happens and it appears to have worked. I am not experienced enough to know why it didn't work before, but I am glad it is working now. Thanks again for this wonderful application!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	powershell.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	4840339  
11th October 2019, 12:24 PM |#83  
Flag Frankfurt am Main
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hey there, first of all thx for the mod it's awesome. I really like the stock-wallpaper of WhatsApp in dark. Is it possible to extract the file or does anyone have it as a file? I'd like to use it on my phone aswell.
Thx advance
13th October 2019, 12:10 AM |#84  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Opens textedit on mac, even with alt open
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Deepak

here's the link
https://github.com/m4heshd/whatsapp-...4678-macOS.zip
download this
and then right click the WADark file and click open while pressing alt and you're done

Hi, Can you please assist with an issue on MAC install, I have downloaded the application from whatsapp site, and the latest file from github, but whenever I double click on WADark textedit opens, I have also tried to right click, hold down alt and select open, still textedit opens.
Its as if tho MAC OS does not know which application to launch the file. I have added a .dmg and a .pkg to see if it will launch. but all it does is open textedit. If I select open with there is no application that is available to launch it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WADark_and_WADark-mac_and_xda-developers_-_Reply_to_Topic.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	4842425  
14th October 2019, 05:43 AM |#85  
Flag Kuala Nerang
Thanks Meter: 520

Donate to Me
More
Seem like WhatsApp Desktop have update, v0.3.5148 and it kill mod, then revert to normal.

Dont worry, you can re-apply that mod even it's for 0.3.4941 and works.

But, if have something wrong, be patient. Dev will fix it. Just give him time and dont forget to report it.
The Following User Says Thank You to meiax93 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift meiax93 Ad-Free
15th October 2019, 10:30 AM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Diablo666

Hi, Can you please assist with an issue on MAC install, I have downloaded the application from whatsapp site, and the latest file from github, but whenever I double click on WADark textedit opens, I have also tried to right click, hold down alt and select open, still textedit opens.
Its as if tho MAC OS does not know which application to launch the file. I have added a .dmg and a .pkg to see if it will launch. but all it does is open textedit. If I select open with there is no application that is available to launch it.

To fix this issue I built the script instead of doing the install - works great, thank you to Dev

Build the installation script yourself
Building process is really simple even if you're not a pro developer. You will just need NodeJS and NPM (Usually packed with NodeJS) installed on your computer to build and run the script yourself.

Clone or download this repository, cd to that directory and enter the following commands to start the script. There are two methods you can run the script.

Method 1 (Build binaries)

npm install (Wait for this to finish)
npm run dist-win (Windows) or npm run dist-mac (macOS)
Finally locate and run the binary file created in dist/$PLATFORM/ directory.
Method 2 (Run directly from source)

npm install (Wait for this to finish)
node .
The Following User Says Thank You to El_Diablo666 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift El_Diablo666 Ad-Free
15th October 2019, 05:44 PM |#87  
Thanks Meter: 1,106

More
Ever since the latest update for windows whatsapp to version 0.3.4941, the text is too light to read. see screenshot.

Name:	wasample.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	4845317

Update: download your latest version and all is good... thanks
Yesterday, 11:30 PM |#88  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi,
Thank you for trying this out. The error occurs because you have the windows store version of WhatsApp. You can find the issue on Github here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)