FORUMS

OnePlus 8 discussion, what are you hoping and not hoping for.

1,487 posts
Thanks Meter: 143

By aussiesausage, Senior Member on 3rd February 2020, 02:46 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm surprised I haven't seen any discussion regarding the OnePlus 8. The 7 Pro being my first ever device outside of Samsung universe, I'm extremely impressed and really want to carry on using OnePlus, even though they don't sell in my country ( Australia ) and I have to import it.

I am hoping that the rumoured punch hole display is not real, the screen being completely hole-less is one of the main reasons I change from Samsung over, I am not a fan. Even though I feel like it's true, I'm praying it doesn't have one

What are you most excited for, and not excited for?
The Following User Says Thank You to aussiesausage For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift aussiesausage Ad-Free
3rd February 2020, 04:46 PM |#2  
Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 155

More
Flat screen, but we pretty much know that's not happening for the 8/Pro. 8 Lite is the only one rumored to have a flat screen. Punch hole is annoying, though I don't see it as any more annoying than the notch as long as there's a way to hide it from games, apps, etc like you could on previous models.
3rd February 2020, 05:22 PM |#3  
Flag Iasi
Thanks Meter: 1,183

More
Light version means light in hardware. For me all the Lite phones are creap.
Not edge to edge screen is Bleahhhh !
8 pro will have wifi charging and better camera. Issue will be the price!

I would like edge to edge, flat screen. Curved screen is nonsense. 5g works in my network so i don't need wifi (i use it Very rare), bluetooth, nfc, infrared (Never use those). I like a square corners phone. A lighter slim phone.
3rd February 2020, 05:57 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 304

More
If the hole punch is on all Oneplus 8 variants then I'm really not interested at all. I'll probably stick with 7pro until another manufacture releases a stockish android experience, with nothing on the screen except screen, and at least 90hz refresh rate, and a decent development community. Oh and under $650 so that counts out pixels to.
The Following User Says Thank You to mookiexl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mookiexl Ad-Free
4th February 2020, 02:16 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
My progressive desires: a refined pop-up camera, 90Hz standard refresh rate, anywhere from 8-12GB RAM, latest version of UFS (3.1 I believe), the latest amoled panel from big producers (Samsung especially), continued iterations of OxygenOS, better cameras over time, no 3.5mm jack, a card slot (or 256gb/512gb/1tb storage options that still retain good pricing), Ultrasonic ID fingerprint reader, higher wattage fast charging (like SuperVOOC), no wireless charging (it's a gimmick and unnecessary imho), top-end SD+Adreno chipset, stereo speakers, standard 5G integration (that doesn't spike the price), and a competitive price point.

I know I've just described the OP7Pro with a few alterations but the phone was breakthrough as a flagship and a great base point off of which to build new models going into 2020 and beyond.
4th February 2020, 04:48 AM |#6  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,091

More
Can transform into a drone...
4th February 2020, 07:09 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 251

More
every single leak i've seen has a hole punch which means I'm absolutely not interested. I am absolutely stunned OnePlus would be so stupid to go from a fullscreen phone that is heralded as one of the best ever and move to a hole punch thinking that is an upgrade. so disappointed
The Following User Says Thank You to knives of ice For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift knives of ice Ad-Free
4th February 2020, 08:59 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 706

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mookiexl

If the hole punch is on all Oneplus 8 variants then I'm really not interested at all. I'll probably stick with 7pro until another manufacture releases a stockish android experience, with nothing on the screen except screen, and at least 90hz refresh rate, and a decent development community. Oh and under $650 so that counts out pixels to.

I'm on the same boat.
Punch hole display is deal breaker to me.

As for alternative only Xiaomi MI MIX 4 could bring full screen experience in 2020 without thouse nonsense punch hole,notch etc and despite non stockish Android out of box, but after oneplus xiaomi devices have the second strongest development community and support.

Google Pixel phones is not at my choice Btw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
6th February 2020, 10:19 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 304

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by paatha13

I'm on the same boat.
Punch hole display is deal breaker to me.

As for alternative only Xiaomi MI MIX 4 could bring full screen experience in 2020 without thouse nonsense punch hole,notch etc and despite non stockish Android out of box, but after oneplus xiaomi devices have the second strongest development community and support.

Google Pixel phones is not at my choice Btw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I check for news on the Mi Mix4 and found that it too looks like the punch hole will be present
6th February 2020, 11:14 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 143

More
I don't want a phone with a punch hole camera, makes me sad OnePlus is going down that road.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)