FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Quick Charge vs battery life

42 posts
Thanks Meter: 18

By Godecki, Member on 5th June 2019, 02:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys, I conducted a research about Quick Charge last year and decided to post it here. It is about how Quick Charge behaves in various temperatures and how the charged device behaves as well in order for the charging process to be optimised as much as possible. I was doing test on my personal Xperia X Compact at the university. The research shows how (and if at all) fast charging technologies impact battery life in long term (however I wasn't able to conduct a test where I would charge and discharge the battery hundreds of times). Feel free to read it, maybe you'll find it helpful. I am posting two versions of the paper:

- One is in Polish, which was the main article and contains much more data and information. I know most of the world is not able to read it, but here it goes.
- Second is in English, written for ITM Web of Conferences after the Polish version was a success at Poznań University of Technology (where I study). Unfortunately, this contains only two pages as it was obligatory to be this short. Basicaly it's the shortened version of the first. However, for the ITM version I conducted additional tests at 5 degrees Celsius.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf zkwe_2018_MG_DB_DG.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (385.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: pdf itmconf_zkwe2018_01035.pdf - [Click for QR Code] (348.2 KB, 18 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Godecki For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Godecki Ad-Free

5th June 2019, 09:20 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
thanks for the paper, i will read it since there will be some news that new samsung device will provide 45W quick charge
8th June 2019, 04:08 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godecki

Hey guys, I conducted a research about Quick Charge last year and decided to post it here. It is about how Quick Charge behaves in various temperatures and how the charged device behaves as well in order for the charging process to be optimised as much as possible. I was doing test on my personal Xperia X Compact at the university. The research shows how (and if at all) fast charging technologies impact battery life in long term (however I wasn't able to conduct a test where I would charge and discharge the battery hundreds of times). Feel free to read it, maybe you'll find it helpful. I am posting two versions of the paper:

- One is in Polish, which was the main article and contains much more data and information. I know most of the world is not able to read it, but here it goes.
- Second is in English, written for ITM Web of Conferences after the Polish version was a success at Poznań University of Technology (where I study). Unfortunately, this contains only two pages as it was obligatory to be this short. Basicaly it's the shortened version of the first. However, for the ITM version I conducted additional tests at 5 degrees Celsius.

it's a very good research as you are considering something that seems tricky..
thank you for posting it here..
9th June 2019, 08:53 AM |#4  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawen159

it's a very good research as you are considering something that seems tricky..
thank you for posting it here..

Glad that you appreciate dude

Sent from my OnePlus 7 Pro using XDA Labs
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
battery, charging, quick charge, xperia

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)