FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: What CPU governor do you use?

Ondemand/OndemandX
 
216 Vote(s)
6.92%
Interactive/InteractiveX
 
1,008 Vote(s)
32.28%
Conservative/Ktoonservative
 
112 Vote(s)
3.59%
Performance
 
126 Vote(s)
4.03%
Powersave
 
74 Vote(s)
2.37%
ZZMoove
 
152 Vote(s)
4.87%
Intelliactive/Intellidemand
 
94 Vote(s)
3.01%
Hyper
 
20 Vote(s)
0.64%
PegasusQ
 
44 Vote(s)
1.41%
Impulse
 
120 Vote(s)
3.84%
Smartmax/Performance May Cry
 
59 Vote(s)
1.89%
ElementalX
 
183 Vote(s)
5.86%
Alucard
 
212 Vote(s)
6.79%
Yankactive/YanksusQ/Yankdemand
 
25 Vote(s)
0.80%
Darkness/Nightmare/Lightning
 
88 Vote(s)
2.82%
Blu_active
 
239 Vote(s)
7.65%
SmartassV2/SmartassH3
 
64 Vote(s)
2.05%
Other
 
287 Vote(s)
9.19%

[REF][GUIDE]Most up to date guide on CPU governors, I/O schedulers and more!

4,010 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,255
 
By Saber, Recognized Contributor on 8th March 2015, 05:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th April 2019, 03:43 AM |#971  
MattP410's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdw

Yeah, learning the tunables will take awhile.
Have a look at GovTuner and L Speed (uses GovTuner) to get a fairly optimized setup. The dev is looking to improve and update the tool, too.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3407828

[MOD] Gov Tuner Project (November 10th 2018)

See the last post, which links to L Tuner thread asking for input from users.


LG G3 D851, AOSPA-L ROM, Nebula Rev9.3 Kernel, microG (NoGapps), MultiROM, XDA Legacy

Thanks! I've been using L Speed for years. I'm impressed with the results. I'll check out GovTuner as well. I've always kept the CPU optimizer set to default with L Speed, but he's just added different profiles for the optimizer. It would be nice to just skip having to learn all the tunable parameters myself, but I'd eventually like to know what they all do. Thanks again!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MattP410 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MattP410 Ad-Free
 
 
28th April 2019, 07:45 AM |#972  
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Given the hardware updates and whatnot since this post was made, wouldn't a refresh of the governors be a good idea? What was good then might not be good now no?
28th April 2019, 03:38 PM |#973  
Davey126's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 8,971
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWARslave119

Given the hardware updates and whatnot since this post was made, wouldn't a refresh of the governors be a good idea? What was good then might not be good now no?

For the most part modern devices are well tuned for typical ROMs and workloads. Governor swapping/tweaking has fewer upsides and a boat load of deoptimization potential relative to popular hardware from just a few years ago. There will always be situational outliers and enthusiasts looking to squeak out a few more dits on some benchmark or perceived performance metric. Might have a blind spot but I don't see governor/scheduler tuning being a thing moving forward.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Davey126 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Davey126 Ad-Free
28th April 2019, 08:42 PM |#974  
Haldi4803's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,551
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWARslave119

Given the hardware updates and whatnot since this post was made, wouldn't a refresh of the governors be a good idea? What was good then might not be good now no?

Modern Devices from Snapdragon 835 forward should run with EAS. Everything else is a waste.
12th May 2019, 12:03 AM |#975  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldi4803

Modern Devices from Snapdragon 835 forward should run with EAS. Everything else is a waste.

What snapdragon 805

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldi4803

Modern Devices from Snapdragon 835 forward should run with EAS. Everything else is a waste.

What about snapdragon 805?...
15th May 2019, 10:05 PM |#976  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 70
 
More
on a device with big and little cluster
since i rarely play games on my phone wouldn't it help to save juice if i put the little cluster on schedutil (default) and big cluster on conservative, could it have any benefits?
16th May 2019, 12:10 AM |#977  
Junior Member
Flag Arezzo
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
MAGISTRAL work. Furthermore, the guide is updated. ovation, is the minimum.
16th May 2019, 12:44 AM |#978  
kemdroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kingston
Thanks Meter: 192
 
More
Hey guys just a quick question, which of these are best for excellent battery life?
darkutil, helix, schedalucard, blu_schedutil, pwrutilx, electroutil)
16th May 2019, 03:20 PM |#979  
Junior Member
Flag Arezzo
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
good evening everyone,
I would like to know if anyone has to suggest some good kernel setup to improve the battery without lowering the performance too naturally, for an old s6 g920f, if you can serve it has the ultimate nougat s8 ROM + full port v3 and ultimate kernel and I use MTweaks. I've been playing for a few days but I understand very little of it (I want to clarify that I learned that little with this "Bible" of the kernel).
16th May 2019, 08:09 PM |#980  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 210
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casu95

good evening everyone,
I would like to know if anyone has to suggest some good kernel setup to improve the battery without lowering the performance too naturally, for an old s6 g920f, if you can serve it has the ultimate nougat s8 ROM + full port v3 and ultimate kernel and I use MTweaks. I've been playing for a few days but I understand very little of it (I want to clarify that I learned that little with this "Bible" of the kernel).

When I packed a G920F i did like to kill off 2 of the A57 cores if possible, then limit them to 1,8-2.0GHz, Lowering the small cores to 1.2 GHz (Should not stutter, since the all go to 1.3 GHz at every stroke and poke before and this only removes 300MHz of their max performance, keeping them very very effective).

Used Zen for IO Sheduler back then, there might be ZenV2 or such that is a tad better nowadays... Used different governors for the small cores until I got the "best" deep-sleep since they got that boost anyways when using the phone. the bIG cores were running bioshock some time and then some dancedance... depends on usage. I used the Star Wars game Galaxy of Heroes, if it were free of stutters It were all good to me
The Following User Says Thank You to Iliyena For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Iliyena Ad-Free
17th May 2019, 08:32 AM |#981  
Junior Member
Flag Arezzo
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iliyena

When I packed a G920F i did like to kill off 2 of the A57 cores if possible, then limit them to 1,8-2.0GHz, Lowering the small cores to 1.2 GHz (Should not stutter, since the all go to 1.3 GHz at every stroke and poke before and this only removes 300MHz of their max performance, keeping them very very effective).

Used Zen for IO Sheduler back then, there might be ZenV2 or such that is a tad better nowadays... Used different governors for the small cores until I got the "best" deep-sleep since they got that boost anyways when using the phone. the bIG cores were running bioshock some time and then some dancedance... depends on usage. I used the Star Wars game Galaxy of Heroes, if it were free of stutters It were all good to me

thank you very much for the advice, but I think I will use the spectrum app to make things easier and not have so many problems. I currently have no time to experiment and think about the best settings. which I also see is also difficult.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cpu governor, graphs, gsstudios, guide, io scheduler

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes