FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Request] Forum for Oculus Quest !

243 posts
Thanks Meter: 33

By Shady282, Senior Member on 21st May 2019, 09:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello All, may I ask to have Oculus Quest forum added to XDA ?

Oculus Quest runs Android platform and also runs snapdragon 835 which the amazing developers here have already rooted and know all about since it is an old processor.
The oculus quest is not just a gaming device, it is also similar to the phone where you have media, games and all sort of apps (you can side-load mobile apps), except for mobile calling.
It is currently booming in the market and it seems to be a big leap in technology !

I can't imagine the number of mods that XDA community can bring to Oculus, from launchers up to game mods that exist on other non-mobile oculus platforms!!
I see it as a great opportunity if it is possible for XDA to have it here.

Thank you !
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shady282 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shady282 Ad-Free

25th May 2019, 10:15 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I would like to echo this request! The Quest definitely deserves its own forum to speed up development. For everyone who agrees, please send a request straight to XDA at the link below (I had to break up the link as it wasn't letting me post it). Hopefully if enough people do, a forum will be created:

xda-developers .com /suggest-content/
25th May 2019, 10:50 AM |#3  
Flag Vilnius
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Sent the content request! Really hope they will because it seems like oculus quest will be huge!
The Following User Says Thank You to inferal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift inferal Ad-Free
25th May 2019, 12:08 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferal

Sent the content request! Really hope they will because it seems like oculus quest will be huge!

I hope so too, and to be honest I'm really surprised there isn't a forum for it already on here. There's forums for various non-major smartphones, but not one for a device that is hopefully a new paradigm in VR entertainment (and runs on android, and a snapdragon chipset!)
25th May 2019, 02:06 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Will be a great idea! +1
25th May 2019, 06:58 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtbits

Will be a great idea! +1

don't forget to send the content request! not really sure how else to get XDA's attention on this!
25th May 2019, 08:05 PM |#7  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Upstate New York
Thanks Meter: 5,957

Donate to Me
More
@Shady282, @shadders, @inferal & @txtbits...

The following thread is specific for these types of requests...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1660354

... Please read the 1st and 2nd posts there regarding the process/procedures for requests first.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm not in any way an Official XDA Representative (ie... Administrator/Moderator). The information above is just a little helpful information for those of you who may not be aware of it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ibuprophen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ibuprophen Ad-Free
25th May 2019, 08:14 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuprophen

@Shady282, @shadders, @inferal & @txtbits...

The following thread is specific for these types of requests...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=1660354

... Please read the 1st and 2nd posts there regarding the process/procedures for requests first.

Good Luck!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unless asked to do so, PLEASE don't PM me regarding support. Sent using The ClaRetoX Forum App on my Apple Macintosh.

PLEASE NOTE: I'm not in any way an Official XDA Representative (ie... Administrator/Moderator). The information above is just a little helpful information for those of you who may not be aware of it.

Thank you! I read those two posts, and I have just posted a request there. Does my request have to be seconded by a certain number of people before it receives an 'enhanced tag'? And if so, how many people does it have to be? (sorry if I didn't quite understand the concept).
25th May 2019, 08:24 PM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferal

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtbits

Will be a great idea! +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadders

don't forget to send the content request! not really sure how else to get XDA's attention on this!

Hi all! We have oculus quest forum now !! Join and make it active to get more devs

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mobile-vr/oculus-quest
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shady282 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shady282 Ad-Free
25th May 2019, 08:28 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady282

Hi all! We have oculus quest forum now !! Join and make it active to get more devs

awesome!
26th May 2019, 03:35 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady282

Enviado desde mi GM1913 mediante Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)