[ROM][UNOFFICIAL] LineageOS 14.1 for SM-T113NU

Search This thread

Shreyas.ĒXĒ

Jul 21, 2019
Huh, thats weird. T116BU working.
Bro from where did you flash your ROM from? External SD card or Internal Storage..I will now try Installing ROM from external SD card after wiping the whole device(including internal storage):cowboy:

Edit: Didn't Work still stuck on Bootloop..?

Edit 2: BY Bootloop I Mean that the Tab JUST KEEPS ON SHOWING THAT LINEAGE OS LOADING ANIMATION..
It DOESN'T keeps on Restarting..So I don't think that it is a Bootloop [I MAY BE WRONG]..Idk..I am confused lol..

Last edited:

pstglia

Apr 21, 2019
Moto G5S Plus
Sorry lol..I forgot to add dmesg..
I have given the LATEST logcat and Dmesg file in the link below..pls see it..:D

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1-8xJgzLeSE8TJxv5gh_ZXTLyXbB-0IcK

---------- Post added at 05:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 AM ----------

Bro I tried your method but still It's Bootlooping(stuck on Lineage OS boot animation)
P.s: I have already installed Twrp version (3.0.2)..:rolleyes:

Maybe this helps (althrough is a different device)
https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_zuk_Z1/issues/5

You could check if you have this partition/device (or something similar to this):

Code:
/dev/block/platform/sprd-sdhci.3/by-name/misc

If you have it and want to try it AT YOUR OWN RISK, *after* flashing the img and *before* booting, try executing this on TWRP terminal:

Code:
dd if=/dev/zero /dev/block/platform/sprd-sdhci.3/by-name/misc count=1 bs=32

Again, it's up to you getting the risk....

Reactions: Shreyas.ĒXĒ

Shreyas.ĒXĒ

Jul 21, 2019
Maybe this helps (althrough is a different device)
https://github.com/TeamWin/android_device_zuk_Z1/issues/5

You could check if you have this partition/device (or something similar to this):

If you have it and want to try it AT YOUR OWN RISK, *after* flashing the img and *before* booting, try executing this on TWRP terminal:

Again, it's up to you getting the risk....
THANKS I'll try this and update you..and Don't worry..If I brick my device I'll just flash my Stock firmware using Odin.. ;)
Did you check dmesg& logcat? Did you get any Idea of what's happening? ??

Edit: I DON'T have the Misc file in /Dev/block/platform/sprd-sdhci.3/by-name

Edit2:After executing the code given by you The Terminal says Not a directory..

Last edited:

pstglia

Apr 21, 2019
Moto G5S Plus
THANKS I'll try this and update you..and Don't worry..If I brick my device I'll just flash my Stock firmware using Odin.. ;)
Did you check dmesg& logcat? Did you get any Idea of what's happening?

Edit: I DON'T have the Misc file in /Dev/block/platform/sprd-sdhci.3/by-name

Edit2:After executing the code given by you The Terminal says Not a directory..

Yes, I checked dmesg and logcat, but didn't find any clue...

Just to confirm: Are you using /dev and not /Dev (capitalized) right?

Other questions:

• Is there any tombstone file? I use to look it when playing with Android-x86
  • While stucked trying to boot the custom img, are you able to connect using adb?
  • can you generate a list of available devices inside /dev? From your pc, connect through adb and type this:
    Code:
    adb shell find /dev > device_list.txt

Regards,
Pstglia

Shreyas.ĒXĒ

Jul 21, 2019
Yes, I checked dmesg and logcat, but didn't find any clue...

Just to confirm: Are you using /dev and not /Dev (capitalized) right?

Other questions:

Is there any tombstone file? I use to look it when playing with Android-x86
While stucked trying to boot the custom img, are you able to connect using adb?
can you generate a list of available devices inside /dev? From your pc, connect through adb and type this:

Regards,
Pstglia
Yes,I had typed Small 'd' in Terminal.It didn't work..

Answers:
1)There is a Tombstones folder in /data but that Tombstones Folder is Empty.
2)Yes,My Pc can connect to the device during the Booting of Lineage OS.
3)I have given the link of device_link.txt pls check it..?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-9kQ6mkShYxP5i2Z5RHP87jcEHvvnGnr/view?usp=drivesdk

P.s: i)Out of curiosity I flashed the 2.8.7 Twrp and flashed your ROM..It showed Successful but I got the same problem..
ii)I flashed your Previous ROM(The one which you had given in your vid's description) in Twrp 3.0.2 and It showed Successful just like the previous one BUT DIDN'T LOAD.STUCK AT THAT SAME LINEAGE OS BOOT ANIMATION.

Last edited:

pstglia

Apr 21, 2019
Moto G5S Plus
Yes,I had typed Small 'd' in Terminal.It didn't work..

Answers:
1)There is a Tombstones folder in /data but that Tombstones Folder is Empty.
2)Yes,My Pc can connect to the device during the Booting of Lineage OS.
3)I have given the link of device_link.txt pls check it..
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-9kQ6mkShYxP5i2Z5RHP87jcEHvvnGnr/view?usp=drivesdk

P.s: i)Out of curiosity I flashed the 2.8.7 Twrp and flashed your ROM..It showed Successful but I got the same problem..
ii)I flashed your Previous ROM(The one which you had given in your vid's description) in Twrp 3.0.2 and It showed Successful just like the previous one BUT DIDN'T LOAD.STUCK AT THAT SAME LINEAGE OS BOOT ANIMATION.

Hi,

Trying to think something else to try in your case. It's strange the same model/revision with different results :(

* Was your device rooted when using stock image?
* Don't know if this will work for goyavewifi, but try to use this newer TWRP
{Mod edit: Link to paid services website removed. Oswald Boelcke, Senior Moderator}

* Can you connect through adb during bootloop and collect more info please?

* getprop output
* list all content inside /data please

Last edited by a moderator:

Kvothe1810

Sep 13, 2018
Hey man, I think something is wrong, T116NY and T116BU are identical. Here's what I've done:
- Made a Nandroid backup
- Downloaded Opengapps 7.1 ARM Pico
- Downloaded the ROM
- Downloaded TWRP 3.0.2 from dl.twrp.me/goyave
- Wiped System, Data, Cache and Dalvik
- Flashed the ROM, OpenGApps, then TWRP, in this order.
You should try it this way.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

If it still doesn't work, check if your using the correct version of TWRP (3.0.2) Download it at the link I gave you.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

PS: I wasn't able to reply the private message :p

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

When I flashed the ROM, I noticed that it was running on a lower resolution than the normal (480p instead of 720p). If anyone else have this issue, just go to build.prop and change lcd_density to stock value (In my case is 160). Hope this helps!

I change the pixel resolution and looks better, but this makes a bug when you try to unlock swiping, to solve this I disable the screen lock

Edit: the screenshot don't show how it really look

Last edited:
Reactions: AnT builder360

Shreyas.ĒXĒ

Jul 21, 2019
Hi,

Trying to think something else to try in your case. It's strange the same model/revision with different results :(

* Was your device rooted when using stock image?
* Don't know if this will work for goyavewifi, but try to use this newer TWRP

* Can you connect through adb during bootloop and collect more info please?

* getprop output
* list all content inside /data please

*Yes My tab was rooted when I was in stock rom.. But after this Issue with this ROM I tried to flash CM11 for goyave and it worked perfectly..I had no root in cm11.. So I tried Installing your ROM again but it didn't load..still stuck at boot animation..

*Your Twrp version didn't work.. :( Infact No Twrp version above 3.0.2 is working..
* I have added the link for Prop file and and /data..Pls see it..

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1-K3SQTwf7qiY8IPYeT-kgDJJI4pSWYJE

**Can you pls elaborate on what more info do you want? :)

Edit: Can U guess the problem with my tab?..Cause I don't even know what the problem is..The tab isn't restarting so it can't be a Bootloop right? If you guess the problem even I can start doing some research on it..:D

Edit 2: The total system size on my tab is showing 516 MB is it same for you?
I have given the pic of the same down below pls check it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-UcWahbUnKsMaeyJuC78cxU1BB8_rUze/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited by a moderator:

pstglia

Apr 21, 2019
Moto G5S Plus
Hi again,

*Your Twrp version didn't work.. :( Infact No Twrp version above 3.0.2 is working..
Interesting info. We can try to compare both versions to see what's different

The SM-T113NU I had in hands worked with 3.0.2 without problems... (except the compatibility check, wich was bypassed on the generate img.

Thanks. Props are from the img I posted, right?

**Can you pls elaborate on what more info do you want? :)

To be very honest, I'm trying all sort of random things :)
I'm trying to research on web to find something more consistent

Was your device using the latest stock image before trying the custom ones?

Edit: Can U guess the problem with my tab?..Cause I don't even know what the problem is..The tab isn't restarting so it can't be a Bootloop right? If you guess the problem even I can start doing some research on it..:D
Trying to find the cause.
It's not a bootloop as kernel is up and running (otherwise you couldn't connect using adb)

It seems stuck during some init process/daemon loading (assuming this because logcat stops writting after some gralloc messages)

Edit 2: The total system size on my tab is showing 516 MB is it same for you?
I have given the pic of the same down below pls check it.
As I returned the tablet to it's owner (with the custom img by the way), I can check this now.
Will have to ask him

Will find some spare time in order to compare these versions of TWRP

@All
At first this is related to rooting:
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-3/help/how-to-root-sm-t113-t3076658

But it could be applied to our scenario?

Last edited:

Shreyas.ĒXĒ

Jul 21, 2019
Hi again,

Interesting info. We can try to compare both versions to see what's different

The SM-T113NU I had in hands worked with 3.0.2 without problems... (except the compatibility check, wich was bypassed on the generate img.

Thanks. Props are from the img I posted, right?

To be very honest, I'm trying all sort of random things :)
I'm trying to research on web to find something more consistent

Was your device using the latest stock image before trying the custom ones?

Trying to find the cause.
It's not a bootloop as kernel is up and running (otherwise you couldn't connect using adb)

It seems stuck during some init process/daemon loading (assuming this because logcat stops writting after some gralloc messages)

As I returned the tablet to it's owner (with the custom img by the way), I can check this now.
Will have to ask him

Will find some spare time in order to compare these versions of TWRP

@All
At first this is related to rooting:
https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-3/help/how-to-root-sm-t113-t3076658

But it could be applied to our scenario?

Yes, Twrp 3.0.2 is working on my tab but all the versions above it doesn't work..The Tab gets stuck at boot.

Yes,The prop file was from your Custom ROM..

I had the old stock firmware on my device(Rooted).. I installed CM 11 and it was running perfectly but as it could not read any internal storage so the ROM was not useful..So I flashed LATEST STOCK FIRMWARE on my tab and rooted it by flashing Super su..Even that was working fine.. And then I flashed 3.0.3 Twrp version which made my tab stuck in Bootloop..Then I flashed TWRP 2.8.7 using Odin and then by using Twrp I flashed TWRP3.0.2.After that I flashed your ROM..

Last edited:
Yes, Twrp 3.0.2 is working on my tab but all the versions above it doesn't work..The Tab gets stuck at boot.

I had the old stock firmware on my device(Rooted).. I installed CM 11 and it was running perfectly but as it could not read any internal storage that ROM was not useful..So I flashed LATEST STOCK FIRMWARE on my tab and rooted it by flashing Super su..Even that was working fine.. And then I flashed 3.0.3 Twrp version which made my tab stuck in Bootloop..Then I flashed TWRP 2.8.7 using Odin and then by using Twrp I flashed TWRP3.0.2.After that I flashed your ROM..
T116BU won't work with TWRP newer than 3.0.2, either. I tried flashing CM11 in my tab, but it failed at TWRP, leaving my partitions corrupted.

So you mean TWRP version Above 3.0.2 corrupted your Partitions right? And btw what will you do to repair your Partitions?:confused:
No, I mean TWRP above 3.0.2 won't boot either. I tried flashing CM11 with TWRP 3.0.2, but it failed. This means that the ROM isn't compatible with my tab, I'm not sure why. To fix the partitions I've repaired them at TWRP, then restored the backup.

pstglia

Apr 21, 2019
Moto G5S Plus

I had the old stock firmware on my device(Rooted).. I installed CM 11 and it was running perfectly but as it could not read any internal storage so the ROM was not useful..So I flashed LATEST STOCK FIRMWARE on my tab and rooted it by flashing Super su..Even that was working fine.. And then I flashed 3.0.3 Twrp version which made my tab stuck in Bootloop..Then I flashed TWRP 2.8.7 using Odin and then by using Twrp I flashed TWRP3.0.2.After that I flashed your ROM..

Could you try increasing the verbosity of logcat please? During boot logo, type the commands bellow using adb

adb shell stop
adb shell setprop log.redirect-stdio true
adb shell start

After doing this, wait about 30 seconds and collect logcat (radio, events and main)

adb shell logcat -d -b events > logcat_events.txt
adb shell logcat -d -b radio > logcat_radio.txt
adb shell logcat -d > logcat_main.txt

Also, If possible collect an "early" dmesg. I mean, just after Lineage logo appears, get dmesg output. I'm interested in the first messages

Hopefully this will give us more info

Top Liked Posts