[ROM][Odin](Stock PL1) (QI1 linked)Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge SM-J327P

Search This thread

Greaper88

Oct 28, 2014
This is the Odin ROM of the PL1 software for the Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge. It was pulled from Smart Switch, which is the replacement to Kies. This is specifically for the SM-J327P for Sprint. It would appear that Boost and Virgin Mobile variants can be flashed as they are used on Sprint's network, but no promises will be made.

By using these files, any user assumes the responsibility for their devices, that they understand how to use the files and software, and accept any and all risks involved with such operations.

When selecting the files in Odin, one must select the appropriate files based on the prefix of the file name. Each of the four boxes must have a file listing.

In the "CSC" box, use the file beginning with "home_CSC" to retain your user data, or use the "CSC" file to completely wipe user data. If you bricked your device, you may need to resort to using the "CSC" file. If you flash with "home" and it still fails to work, use "CSC." (that's my understanding of the two files anyways)

If you are down-grading, you may have to select the "NAND erase all" check box. This will completely wipe the device and should allow a fresh install. Be careful, if the phone dies, I would worry about a hard brick, but I'm not positive about that though.

Google Drive link:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2iEgzRTFjrQWlpEbURIWUlXLWc/view?usp=drivesdk

There have been several reports that these Odin ROMs fail to flash. If that happens to you, you may be able to try an alternate procedure here. Keep in mind this procedure will trip Knox and probably void warranty if you haven't done that already:
https://xdaforums.com/general/general/rom-stock-pl1-samsung-galaxy-j3-emerge-t3689346

The newer QI1 version is posted here, and has been confirmed:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74171277&postcount=39

and if you're more enterprising with your computer and image file skills:
https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74137125&postcount=29

Last edited:

Doctur

Nov 27, 2016
This is the Odin ROM of the PL1 software for the Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge. It was pulled from Smart Switch, which is the replacement to Kies. This is specifically for the SM-J327P for Sprint.

By using these files, any user assumes the responsibility for their devices, that they understand how to use the files and software, and accept any and all risks involved with such operations.

When selecting the files in Odin, one must select the appropriate files based on the prefix of the file name. Each of the four boxes must have a file listing. I'm not sure what the difference between the "CSC" and the "HOME _CSC" files is (or that it really matters), but I'd imagine that if one is resorting to this, then someone could tell us... Based on my previous devices, I'd recommend the "CSC" file.

good stuff broseph,might (MIGHT) have a go ,idk re cinfiging my type of peivacy and workarounds aint time cheap so ill leave it at that, good ish tho, I wanna create a deodexed verasion myself but had a setback pc wise regarding a unbootable Hdd , I believe a deodexed rom to be a pre-requisite to having the xposed framework workout ....am i correct in believing this guys and gals? Let me know because I really love my ubuntu pc and would most likely buy a hdd just for these type of tasks since compipation would require over 100gb from what I have heard ,. 4 gb file then decompile and rexompile eaxh of the apps and framework resources.

Greaper88

Oct 28, 2014
good stuff broseph,might (MIGHT) have a go ,idk re cinfiging my type of peivacy and workarounds aint time cheap so ill leave it at that, good ish tho, I wanna create a deodexed verasion myself but had a setback pc wise regarding a unbootable Hdd , I believe a deodexed rom to be a pre-requisite to having the xposed framework workout ....am i correct in believing this guys and gals? Let me know because I really love my ubuntu pc and would most likely buy a hdd just for these type of tasks since compipation would require over 100gb from what I have heard ,. 4 gb file then decompile and rexompile eaxh of the apps and framework resources.

The system ROM is actually about five and a half gigabytes based on the storage info in the device settings (on my device anyways). So here's what I'm thinking makes sense for space required. I'm just gonna round the decompiled ROM up to 6GB to allow room to play with. Here's the space you'll need at a minimum:
1. 6GB for the compiled ROM.
2. 6GB for the decompiled ROM.
3. 6GB minimum for working with the ROM, so that your source is unmodified.
4. 6GB for the recompiled ROM.
So you'd need a minimum of 24 GB to work with, but the more you have, the more breathing room you have. This is just my 2¢... As for the rest of it, I have no real clue.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170417-182958.png
    Screenshot_20170417-182958.png
    62.5 KB · Views: 2,033
Last edited:

TURBUNAL

Jun 3, 2016
I just bought the j327p last week and I am returning it today if I can't get the tethering to work.
I tried editing a lot of the easily searchable fixes which there aren't many.
Do you know if installing this might work?

SammaelAkuma

Apr 3, 2012
Google Pixel 4
Just obtained this phone from Boost Mobile. Am I correct in thinking that this ROM should work on a Boost Mobile phone seeing as Boost is an MVNO of Sprint?

Just obtained this phone from Boost Mobile. Am I correct in thinking that this ROM should work on a Boost Mobile phone seeing as Boost is an MVNO of Sprint?

It works and it's been updated from APL1 to AQB6 .. at least mine has .. and I don't know what was updated or what's new but it's still on Android 6.0 .. I just used this to fix my Boost J3 Emerge after it got stuck installing an app from the Galaxy S8

Last edited:

Project89Odin

Jan 16, 2016
Actually Wanam got xposed working on our device. Nice tut but its really almost standard issue when dealing with samsung. Im guessing this is your first galaxy phone? Personally done myself on the galaxy s4 sch r970 (ya the one from 2013.. ), j7 j700t and this galaxy emerge 327p, there are also many tutorials on how to do so, thanks for trying to help, but you could have just linked wanams thread wich has all cautions and tuts in like 12 words :) a HUGE thanks to Wanam for spending countless hours making a modded version of xposed that is compatible with ours as well as many other galaxy devices!!!

TechDad378

May 24, 2013
The Shore
...Im guessing this is your first galaxy phone? Personally done myself on the galaxy s4 sch r970 (ya the one from 2013.. ), j7 j700t and this galaxy emerge 327p...

Choose to stay away from "main stream" phones for a number of reasons.
But at the request of your post, link has been updated!

TD378
DIVIDED WE STALL
UNITED WE INSTALL

Last edited:

luffy54

Jul 15, 2013
Thank you, the Galaxy J3 is not a very followed device by samsung of the fact that it is not high-end

________________________________________________________________________________
http://iphon8.fr/ galaxy note 9

Last edited:

vivianajeanty

May 26, 2017
This is the Odin ROM of the PL1 software for the Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge. It was pulled from Smart Switch, which is the replacement to Kies. This is specifically for the SM-J327P for Sprint.

When selecting the files in Odin, one must select the appropriate files based on the prefix of the file name. Each of the four boxes must have a file listing. I'm not sure what the difference between the "CSC" and the "HOME _CSC" files is (or that it really matters), but I'd imagine that if one is resorting to this, then someone could tell us... Based on my previous devices, I'd recommend the "CSC" file.

I'm having a severe problem right now... I'm praying this works. I keep getting a "SECURE CHECK FAIL : ABOOT" error with every firmware I try. I have a bricked j3 emerge.
do you have any tips on which file I can put where in odin? I was patient to let this download... and I feel like this is the closest thing I have that will get it working.

TechDad378

May 24, 2013
The Shore
I'm having a severe problem right now... I'm praying this works. I keep getting a "SECURE CHECK FAIL : ABOOT" error with every firmware I try. I have a bricked j3 emerge.
do you have any tips on which file I can put where in odin? I was patient to let this download... and I feel like this is the closest thing I have that will get it working.

Download the default firmware here...
http://updato.com/firmware-archive-select-model?record=F2F2C99C28B211E7963AFA163EE8F90B

In Odin, put each file in the correct section "ex. APxxx goes in AP section."

Use CSCxxx file NOT Home_CSCxxx in CSC section. All data will be lost.

Brick problem will be solved. Let me know if you need a tut created.

TD378
Divided we stall
United we install

Reactions: Snigglez

Doctur

Nov 27, 2016
If refering to me as this being my first Samsung that would be a negative....mainly all ive dealt with or care to deal with besides a few exceptions ( IOS Not EVER being one of those) After all thesr years of either referring quickly to this site or the last 2 1/2 pouring countless hours learning random device or specific ...usefull or not (* Few times have i bee let downyet its been an occurance.. worth noting) I belived it was time to throw my hat inthe ring.

So mainly besides wanting to recontribute the resources I have.....mostly my hours of studying and stuff i picked up retentetion being put work and the test and the Love of Working in A Linux Terminal
(*Flavor preference is not important.)
And the Fact that I have a Laptop that can process at about 3.7ghz with 8 threads if you include hyperthreading...along with my growing older and not wanting to Let small contributions like that and Development left saught after by the few.....and honestly which matters in some places I am only scraping by so Financially I have nothing to offer the community along with Tha Mad Love I have for everything XDA ....put that together and you got me doing what I can..Lately it hasnt been to much but wait around and other issues that have eaten away at time leaving me unable to do simple things such as deodex......tho I was looking to do it the hard way and by hand..

My apologizies if the post after mine answered or the second one did but I have yet to read link .....so besides me knowing Wanam got a way around it for most the Install and Stuff

My true and Last Attempt at my first Question
FINGERS CROSSED

LONG

Would there be any necessity in the terms of Modular Functionality either individual or a compilation of your choosing and or combination that would specifically require you to deodex the firmware of any 5.0 or Higher Samsung Based Firmware so that one might have a higher sucess rate or all around better experince?

SHORT

Should i spend my time deodexing this rom for the few who have it in attempts to better the end user experience , spend my time else ?

Id like a little bit of step i the right direction but might just do it and then move to more time , intelectually and pc resource consuming work....

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

Umm I know if you downloaded off a disrepputable and FREE source that it might be the CSC partiton. I ll pm you with a copy of my firmware that was Adb Pulled by my old Firmware subcription site and did in Fact come from my device.....or the file was set to reupload for seeding purposes....idk either way we will handle this as a community united.

NOTE

I have since given device up....

Havent given up on it ...

So yeah to modding out a new more flagship type model...

Building ,Porting , Deodexing this J3 ....

And just seeing a lil development o a mid to low end device * price =low specs=mid....ish

Growing as a person in both knowledge and contributionally as well. Thanks 4 time.... **Sorry if I ramble.**

tac0xenon

May 20, 2016
this did get my boost samsung j3 emerge working again but the problem is no matter what i do i can not get it to pass the safety net test :/ the software version is also different from the stock version
this version:j327pvpu1apl1
stock version:J327PVPU0APJ2

am i correct in assuming that this could be my safety net issue? and if so can anyone help point me in the right direction to the stock boost firmware? ill be searching for it regardless but if i can get help before i find it then that'd be super thanks for asking

Greaper88

Oct 28, 2014
this did get my boost samsung j3 emerge working again but the problem is no matter what i do i can not get it to pass the safety net test :/ the software version is also different from the stock version
this version:j327pvpu1apl1
stock version:J327PVPU0APJ2

am i correct in assuming that this could be my safety net issue? and if so can anyone help point me in the right direction to the stock boost firmware? ill be searching for it regardless but if i can get help before i find it then that'd be super thanks for asking

Are you rooted? Or running a custom kernel? Both of those things and a few others will cause you to fail. Another option would be to select NAND erase in ODIN when you flash. That will completely wipe your device before flashing, but as with any flashing procedures, it could lead to an unusable device.

Last edited:

tac0xenon

May 20, 2016
Are you rooted? Or running a custom kernel? Both of those things and a few others will cause you to fail. Another option would be to select NAND erase in ODIN when you flash. That will completely wipe your device before flashing, but as with any flashing procedures, it could lead to an unusable device.

I was rooted with super su but after failing safety net I began searching for a a way around it and i successfully unrooted my phone then re rooted with magisk and passed the safety net test yay! And life was good for a while until I to install xposed framework. I made a super noob mistake and flashed it with a low battery percentage and of course it died in the middle of it. I turned my phone on and no OS... Crap baskets... noob mistake number 2 my nandroid backup I must not have been paying attention and tried to save it to internal storage instead of the SD card which if you own this phone you probably know that it doesn't work that way so double crap baskets.

Fast forward to finding this post I loaded it up everything works as it should but it won't pass safety net rooted or not and no custom kernel

This is not a life or death problem as everything works flawlessly except for the safety net test But my woman likes to go on walks and play Pokémon go together and now I can't and it is slightly annoying that we are no longer able to. It's a cheap way to get outside and have a little fun towards the end of the week as opposed to Netflix and other boring stuff

Greaper88

Oct 28, 2014
I was rooted with super su but after failing safety net I began searching for a a way around it and i successfully unrooted my phone then re rooted with magisk and passed the safety net test yay! And life was good for a while until I to install xposed framework. I made a super noob mistake and flashed it with a low battery percentage and of course it died in the middle of it. I turned my phone on and no OS... Crap baskets... noob mistake number 2 my nandroid backup I must not have been paying attention and tried to save it to internal storage instead of the SD card which if you own this phone you probably know that it doesn't work that way so double crap baskets.

Fast forward to finding this post I loaded it up everything works as it should but it won't pass safety net rooted or not and no custom kernel

This is not a life or death problem as everything works flawlessly except for the safety net test But my woman likes to go on walks and play Pokémon go together and now I can't and it is slightly annoying that we are no longer able to. It's a cheap way to get outside and have a little fun towards the end of the week as opposed to Netflix and other boring stuff

Hmm. I do know that you need to enable "oem unlock" and power the phone COMPLETELY off. It doesn't hurt to pull the battery for a minute, but shouldn't be necessary. Then power it on into download mode, and leave the auto reset checked in ODIN. It can take a couple of flashes I've read to get everything back to where it should be.

Reactions: tac0xenon

tac0xenon

May 20, 2016
Hmm. I do know that you need to enable "oem unlock" and power the phone COMPLETELY off. It doesn't hurt to pull the battery for a minute, but shouldn't be necessary. Then power it on into download mode, and leave the auto reset checked in ODIN. It can take a couple of flashes I've read to get everything back to where it should be.

Thanks for the tips I'll try it when I get home and let you know how it goes much appreciated

tac0xenon

May 20, 2016

Had to flash three times but your advice worked thank you very much

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170620-013851.png
    Screenshot_20170620-013851.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 492

Dolphinhuckleberry

Jul 16, 2017
Frp

Hello I have a question I'm a newbie and I would like to know if when I do install the stock rom does that mean I have to put in the google account information of the person providing the stock rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the Odin ROM of the PL1 software for the Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge. It was pulled from Smart Switch, which is the replacement to Kies. This is specifically for the SM-J327P for Sprint. It would appear that Boost and Virgin Mobile variants can be flashed as they are used on Sprint's network, but no promises will be made.

When selecting the files in Odin, one must select the appropriate files based on the prefix of the file name. Each of the four boxes must have a file listing.

In the "CSC" box, use the file beginning with "home_CSC" to retain your user data, or use the "CSC" file to completely wipe user data. If you bricked your device, you may need to resort to using the "CSC" file. If you flash with "home" and it still fails to work, use "CSC." (that's my understanding of the two files anyways)

If you are down-grading, you may have to select the "NAND erase all" check box. This will completely wipe the device and should allow a fresh install. Be careful, if the phone dies, I would worry about a hard brick, but I'm not positive about that though.

Google Drive link:

There have been several reports that these Odin ROMs fail to flash. If that happens to you, you may be able to try an alternate procedure here. Keep in mind this procedure will trip Knox and probably void warranty if you haven't done that already:
    https://xdaforums.com/general/general/rom-stock-pl1-samsung-galaxy-j3-emerge-t3689346

The newer QI1 version is posted here, and has been confirmed:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74171277&postcount=39

and if you're more enterprising with your computer and image file skills:
    https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=74137125&postcount=29
    ive tried using this on my boost mobile j3 on the latest firmware build aql1 to no avail. Could someone please help it just fails in odin after putting the files in their respective slots. Under download mode on my phone screen it says "SW REV CHECK FAIL : [aboot] Fused 2 > Binary 1"
    Heres the log from odin:
    <ID:0/005> Added!!
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
    <OSM> Please wait..
    <OSM> Leave CS..
    <ID:0/005> Odin engine v(ID:3.1101)..
    <ID:0/005> File analysis..
    <ID:0/005> skip file list for home binary
    <ID:0/005> persist.img.ext4
    <ID:0/005> Home Binary Download
    <ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
    <ID:0/005> Initialzation..
    <ID:0/005> Get PIT for mapping..
    <ID:0/005> Firmware update start..
    <ID:0/005> SingleDownload.
    <ID:0/005> aboot.mbn
    <ID:0/005> NAND Write Start!!
    <ID:0/005> sbl1.mbn
    <ID:0/005> FAIL! (Auth)
    <ID:0/005>
    <ID:0/005> Complete(Write) operation failed.
    <OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)
    I'm having the same problem. it seems you can't downgrade after you take in the J327PVPU2AQI1 update. You can try to manually downgrade it without Odin but i haven't been able to get wifi working afterwards. To downgrade it manually you need to extract the md5 file that starts with "AP". After you extract it, you get a new folder. Go into the newly created folder and you will see files boot.img, persist.img.ext4, system.img.ext4 and recovery.img. Rename system.img.ext4 to system.img so that the ext4 extension is removed. After that, transfer boot.img, and system.img onto your sd card and boot into TWRP. Next you'll need to format your system, cache, and data partition (You'll lose your data if not backed up). Then in TWRP select install, select your SD card under "Select Storage", Press "Install Image" on the bottom right, and then flash system.img, and boot.img to their respective partitions. Afterwards boot directly into Download Mode and flash just the CP_j327p*****.md5 modem file that was bundled in the firmware zip with Odin (it won't fail. Just make sure to flash it under CP). Afterwards, you should be able to boot into the system. This is the part i was having trouble with, afterwards my WIFI would no longer work. I tried putting the persist.img.ext4 file into a tar archive and the flashing with Odin using the AP button, it flashes successfully, yet my sensors and WIFI still don't work.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 PM ----------

This won't help my phone. I was running the latest firmware, flashed a debloated ROM which bricked my phone, and when I try to restore with this firmware, I get an error. What do I do?
    It looks like you can't downgrade after you take in the latest update. The stock firmware here is an older version and will just result in an error when flashing. We'll just have to hope someone does a firmware dump of the latest J327PVPU2AQI1 update or wait until it's released on Updato in order for us to return to a fully functioning stock. Check out my previous post.

EDIT: I figured out how to get the WIFI working. Extract BL*****.md5. Go into the newly created folder and then put NON_HLOS.bin into a tar archive. Finally, flash the tar file with Odin under the BL (bootloader) button. It shouldn't fail. I'll write a more detailed guide tomorrow on how to restore to stock if you're on the new J327PVPU2AQI1 update.

It works and it's been updated from APL1 to AQB6 .. at least mine has .. and I don't know what was updated or what's new but it's still on Android 6.0 .. I just used this to fix my Boost J3 Emerge after it got stuck installing an app from the Galaxy S8
    Hi Greaper88, thanks for the response. No, it is not bootable, save for being able to boot into either DOWNLOAD mode, or TWRP. I enabled developer options and OEM unlock before I installed TWRP and rooted the device, yet all data was wiped, so I am without an operating system (yeah, I really screwed up somehow), which is why I'm exploring this rom and the stock firmware.) For some reason, I am able to re-flash TWRP with ODIN, but any other ROMS are giving me the fused 4 binary 2 error. :eek:
    Ok. I think I may have a twrp of the system, but my comp crashed. I'll check once I get my OS reinstalled. I can't remember if I kept it or deleted it.

Edit:
    Found it on my laptop, compressing the files now. Will start an appropriate thread when it's uploaded.
    Greetings and Health,
    I am having some issues flashing this rom: SW REV CHECK FAIL errors...

The link below has the original firmware you are looking for...
    https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/search/j327p/

"SW REV CHECK FAIL" means there was an authentication error with the firmware you installed. Generally this happens when system mount fails from my experience. In other words a step was missed or not properly completed.

Recommend reading the tut throughly then retrying again.

Hope this helps...

TD378
    Divided we stall
    United we install