I am not responsible or liable if anything goes wrong.
You might know that there is no custom roms or bootloader unlock for the SM-J100Y.
While I was experimenting with an android kitchen, I have made a custom rom for the SM-J100Y.
It does not have the google play store or any other google apps. I wanted to make it kinda privacy based.
If you want to root the phone with the stock firmware or the custom rom here. You would have to download a edited boot.img file and use iRoot for pc. iRoot install ads and dangerous spyware, so please don't use it. I got F-Droid working by side loading it into /system/prev-app.
The custom rom features are:
- Includes F-Droid without root permissions.
- Fast to boot up and use.
- Device status will not get changed to unofficial.
Only works on Australian SM-J100Y such as Optus Prepaid or other carriers.
In case anything goes wrong you can download the stock rom by searching "Stock rom for Samsung SM-J100Y" on Google.
To install it:
1. Make sure you have the stock rom installed and on a clean installation.
2. Open ODIN and click on AP and select the file you have downloaded.
3. Once done, your phone should reboot and the rom should have been installed.
You can download it from
make sure to remove the gaps between https in the URL.
If you like it, please leave a comment saying that you like it.