FORUMS

Root Remix OS for PC

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

By Gopal3, Junior Member on 14th January 2016, 11:16 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This guide is to root Remix OS for PC

You will need Ubuntu for Rooting (You can download and run it in live CD)

If you are experienced with linux systems don't read whats written in bracket

1. Download and Extract RemixRoot.zip

2. Copy system.img from your pendrive or hdd wherever you have installed Remix Os to this folder (ie RemixRoot folder it should be alongside Readme.txt)

3. Open Terminal (Ctrl+Alt+T)

4. Type
Code:
sudo -i
5. Enter your password (If you are running in live cd then no password)

6. Change directory to RootRemix folder (Goto tmp folder, right click and goto properties and copy location, this is your <dir> replace it in command below )
Code:
cd <dir>
7. If you did it right next line of terminal will end with RemixRoot# followed by blinking cursor

8. Now run rootx.sh script by typing
Code:
sh rootx.sh
9. If everything goes right there wont be any error message and you will get a root.img in your RemixRoot folder

10. Rename it to system.img and copy to your pendrive/hdd replacing previous system.img

11. Reboot and go to RemixOS and update SuperSU binaries

12. That's it! you are now rooted

Thanks to Chainfire & hackarchive
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gopal3 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gopal3 Ad-Free
14th January 2016, 05:52 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I tried it but i got no system.img, i got r/w access to system (choosen by install) so i tried to symlink it to my system directory and commented out all image mounted related things from script and then tried it.
but after that i cannot boot android anymore, i think the problem is app_process linking to daemonsu, since i set back to original it boots like normal but no superuser access. SuperSU said theres is no superuser installed.
Any suggestion?
14th January 2016, 10:12 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Silly question but will I lose root access if I update to the newest version by flashing the new image over the top?
15th January 2016, 03:27 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Yes a silly question.... Deserves a silly answer. It will still be underneath, but good luck trying to retrace it!
15th January 2016, 05:24 AM |#5  
Flag Banten
Thanks Meter: 13

More
any other method for rooting, without using ubuntu?

#tested with ubuntu live, and it works like a charms. Thank you..

Sent from my C46G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th January 2016, 02:54 PM |#6  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninharp

I tried it but i got no system.img, i got r/w access to system (choosen by install) so i tried to symlink it to my system directory and commented out all image mounted related things from script and then tried it.
but after that i cannot boot android anymore, i think the problem is app_process linking to daemonsu, since i set back to original it boots like normal but no superuser access. SuperSU said theres is no superuser installed.
Any suggestion?

same problem here.
15th January 2016, 05:04 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Hope same other method can solved
15th January 2016, 06:07 PM |#8  

More
I modified the original script to work with the system folder installation and i removed all app_processX dependend things from script (dunno if it affects the root in any way, cannot find any issue by now) Read the Readme.txt for further installation instructions. The link you find on the reddit sub that GoPal has posted! I cannot post links right now.
Try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by kretex

Hope same other method can solved

15th January 2016, 06:11 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member
Flag MUMBAI
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninharp

Any suggestion?

You will get root.img file you will have to rename it to system.img
15th January 2016, 06:17 PM |#10  
Flag BATNA
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masdeco

same problem here.

Me too

Envoyé de mon E5333 en utilisant Tapatalk
15th January 2016, 09:50 PM |#11  

More
I've just installed RemixOS 2.0 onto a partition on my Lenovo X200T. I followed the instructions and all was good until I tried to run SuperSU. When it tried to update via the normal method the install failed and asked for a reboot. Any suggestions.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)