FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROOT] Whatsapp Trick: How to enable some hidden features

15 posts
Thanks Meter: 20

Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone,
I am writing to share a few tricks that I have found to enable the following functions in Whatsapp:
- Video calls
- Group's invite links
- Multiple contacts selection when sharing something
- Mentions in groups
- Two steps authentication in Whatsapp Web.
First of all you need the latest version of WhatsApp Beta (for example, I use the 2.16.224) and a root explorer.
You have to open the root explorer and edit the file com.whatsapp_preferences.xml inside /data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/.
You need to add the followings lines in the end of file, just above the </map> tag:
Code:
<boolean name="group_invites" value="true" />
<boolean name="multicast" value="true" />
<boolean name="video_calling" value="true" />
<boolean name="two_factor_auth" value="true" />
<boolean name="user" value="true" />
Then save and force close Whatsapp from the list of applications on your phone and you are done: you unlocked the hidden features!
I hope this guide has been helpful, and I apologize for my bad English (I'm Italian).
PS: Currently you can only unlock the graphics of video calls, because the servers to which they connect are still down.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jacopo Mii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jacopo Mii Ad-Free

1st August 2016, 01:30 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
I tested it, it all works fine! Thank you
1st August 2016, 03:49 AM |#3  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 1

More
My girl is going to love this.

Thanks,
Steve

(4 more posts to go)
1st August 2016, 10:01 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
THANK YOU!
String to enable GIFs?
1st August 2016, 10:51 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrobrio2000

THANK YOU!
String to enable GIFs?

In the next days I will try to enable animated gifs and the possibility to draw on images before send them.
I already unlocked these screens, but I have to do some research before sharing how to activate them.
I'm working on, stay tuned
2nd August 2016, 01:46 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great!
Multiple contact selection works, group invite thing also. But how does the video call look like? I can't find anything.
2nd August 2016, 01:48 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 5

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttwbx

Great!
Multiple contact selection works, group invite thing also. But how does the video call look like? I can't find anything.

Call icon on the top bar. It doesn't work yet if your friend didn't activate that too :/

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk
2nd August 2016, 09:43 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCopyright

Call icon on the top bar. It doesn't work yet if your friend didn't activate that too :/

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

It isn't exact. You can videocall all people, and they don't need to activate anything.
But as wrote in the #1 post, server which videocall use to connect is still down. We need to wait
3rd August 2016, 01:12 AM |#9  

More
Please give us the string to activate push names mentions (see iOS WA beta) also if you can! Grazie tante
4th August 2016, 08:01 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by obrobrio2000

Please give us the string to activate push names mentions (see iOS WA beta) also if you can! Grazie tante

We need to wait next updates because WhatsApp for Android doesn't allow us to enable this function editing shared_prefs yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacopo Mii For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jacopo Mii Ad-Free
4th August 2016, 08:53 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacopo Mii

We need to wait next updates because WhatsApp for Android doesn't allow us to enable this function editing shared_prefs yet.

Well, hope they add that soon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
whatsapp

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)