Thank you for reading this.
Almost any phone of today has a Slow-Motion / High-Framerate feature.
Well, i've got nothing agianst it but there's something about it that truly sucks.
Here's my old thread about this.
The Bad method:
- You Record: 00H:00M:10s@240fps (Resolution doesn't matter)
- You get a Video with 80 Seconds @ 30fps
- ...and Muted Audio ♫♪
- So that ►x1.0 isn't realtime!
Well, the iPhones record in realtime, but they can only record for 20 Seconds (real time equilevant)
...but the Smartphones which use the sucking method of taking Slow-Motion Videos encode the output file being Slown Down.
The one and only advantage of this method, is for Media-Players which haven't got a Fast/Slow motion playback mode so that ►x1.0 makes the Slow Motion Effect Visible.
But i'd like to have ►x1.0 is Realtime-Equivalent!
So the Correct way in my opinion [IMO] is this:
- If you Record 00:00:[email protected]
- The Output File must be also 00:00:10 encoded at 204FPS and with ♪♫ Audio from ALL Microphones of the Phone!
Also some other Devices use the WRONG Method:
- Lumix FƵ1000 - Great Camera but Slow Motion Feature uses WRONG WAY.
- Canon IXUS 255 HS
But those Devices use a Good Method!
- Sony RX100/3
- Canon Powershot 510HS and 50HS
- Sony FDR-AX100
- Samsung NX1 (i think)
Example Videos 📷 :
- Only 720p BUT
- And Audio
- And Realtime
- 1080p but...
- No XAVCS
- Not Realtime
- Muted Audio
All Example Videos are taken by DKamera.dé!
Feel free posting your opinion!
All the best Have a good and nice day ...