I am writing this post because it caused me a day of my life in reviving my dead Lenovo A369i. I broke my galaxy S5 so had to use this old buddy. Well, it got jacked while flashing it through the SF Tool as it accidentally (or as my hand was paining and i shook the USB cable to place in on the table - accidentally though) disconnected the phone while it was in the middle of an ongoing flash.
So, there it went, whole day of blood boil and headache.
Anyway, cutting to the point, if you have the following issues:
- Bricked your phone while flashing via the SF Tool or bricked it doing something else.
- Lost your IMEI [INVALID IMEI] after flashing or lost it anyway.
- Your phone is showing no signs of life, even when connecting to the charger.
SF Tool gives Error 4032. Failed to read DRAM.[/LIST
...then this is the solution you can try. At least one solution, the one that worked with me.
THIS SECTION IS FOR UNBRICK-ING YOUR PHONE IN CASE ITS DEAD. TO SOLVE IMEI, SCROLL BELOW
Things you should have before proceeding:
- A Lenovo a369i phone (or any MTK devices that has the described issue).
- Compatible MTK drivers.
- Charged phone. Charge it for at least an hour. Your don't want to mess this up. I kinda did. It isn't mandatory but why the extra risk?
- The stock ROM. Now, this is the most crucial requirement. With me, i had to download a bunch of ROMs before i got the one that matched my phone. There are two variants of A369i: The 'lite' and the non-lite (i don't know how else to put it). I had the lite variant and i didn't knew that. It took me 6 hours to understand the difference. Anyway, you should check yours and proceed. This is the lite 4.2.2 stock ROM.
Once you have all the things ready, follow ahead:
- Extract the ROM somewhere. Navigate to the 'flash_tool.exe'. Run it.
- Select the 'Scatter-loading' option, go to target_bin folder or wherever you have extracted the firmware and select the 'MTXXXX_Android_scatter.txt'. This will load all the files for flashing.
- Now, here is where it gets a li'l tricky. I prefer to format clean the phone before flashing the rom. This helps avoid any interruptions. But it also wipes the user data. This is not mandatory but you should do it in this way.
Click the 'Format' button. Turn your phone off if it isn't. Squeeze the volume UP and Volume Down keys together and connect the USB to your computer. Your phone will get detected and your will see the bar at the bottom of the flash tool turning red and then green notifying that the format is complete. If you have any issue like the phone isn't detected, then you need to reinstall the drivers. This step is mandatory. If your drivers aren't installing properly, turn off the DIGITAL SIGNATURE ENFORCEMENT (you can search google how to) and install the drivers.
- Once the format is done, remove the battery. Wait for a few sec. Fidget with the power button if you like, because i do. Then put the battery right back in and repeat the same steps as before but click the 'Download' button instead.
Then squeeze volume up and down >> Connect the USB to the phone. And wait till the tool completes flashing. And do take care you don't disconnect it. If you do, you might have to come back here again. LOL
- Once its complete, you will be notified by a green notification. You can go ahead, disconnect your phone, remove the battery, fidget again, put it back up and boot your phone. Luckily, it might start.
IMEI INVALID SOLUTION
If you are as lucky as me, you might get this issue. Well, do not worry. You are not alone. And this might be just the solution for you.
You need to download a bunch of files and do a few steps. Here's what you need:
- You need to root your phone. Framaroot worked for me.
If this doesn't work, you can try KingRoot app for rooting.
- MTK DROID Tools for replacing your IMEI back to what is was. androidmtk.com/download-mtk-droid-tool"
- BEFORE YOU START, REMOVE YOUR BATTERY AND COPY BOTH YOUR IMEI SOMEWHERE. YOU WILL NEED THEM.
Root your phone. Open Framaroot and select any from the two options. You should get a success message if rooted. If not, install KingRoot application. You will need internet connection to root with KingRoot.
- Once rooted, you need to open the MTK DROID Tool. Before connecting your phone to your computer, you need to enable 'USB Debugging' from the developers option. To do that go to Settings>>About>>Status>>Click Build Number for a few time>>go back>>Developers Option>>Enable it>>USB Debugging. Now connect your phone.
- At the bottom right corner, you will find a ROOT option. Click it. It allows the tool to gain root access to your phone. It will pop up to install some app like supersu, mobileuncle tools and root explorer. You should install them. Also, you can backup your phone (This is optional).
- Now click the IMEI/NVRAM type both your IMEI and click 'Replace IMEI.' Restart your phone. And that's it.