Flag Italy
Thanks Meter: 240

More
Reserved #10

20th December 2017, 10:56 AM |#12  
Flag Cimahi, Indonesia
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Thanks, @italianquadcore for making this thread. I really appreciate it.

I've just purchased one last week. Still waiting for the shipment from China, and since many people have already complained about its malfunction everywhere (review websites, comments, videos, etc.) I knew I had to prepare to overcome those problems too.

I'll help you out when I get some new information. As for now, I'm still figuring out how to use this forum....
The Following User Says Thank You to MedriVia For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MedriVia Ad-Free
20th December 2017, 10:09 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I have been experiencing some issues with my tablet. I have contacted Teclast via Facebook Messenger to see if they can resolve this issue. I purchased it from GeekBuying.com and they have yet to respond to any of my emails I have sent over the last few days. My issue: constant force closures. Once it starts, it won't stop until I reboot the tablet, and that only sometimes cures the issue. and when I say cure, I mean it works for another 5 minutes before it starts to crap out again. My issue seems to be a unique one since I have not seen any similar posts or complaints regarding this happening. Might be worthwhile to input what issue you are experiencing in this thread (if it is not already been mentioned), just so we can all be on the lookout for known bugs / issues. I started with v1.02, then OTA to v1.03 immediately after I first booted the tablet. I was immediately having issues, so I hopped on XDA and saw that I could flash other versions, one for the 'Chinese' (E3C5) and one for 'Global' (E3C5_G). No matter the version, I still have the same issue. Also, is anyone having NO issues at all with their tablet? (unfortunately for us, if you are not then you are probably not in this thread!)
21st December 2017, 05:46 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Italy

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyanders1987

I have been experiencing some issues with my tablet. I have contacted Teclast via Facebook Messenger to see if they can resolve this issue. I purchased it from GeekBuying.com and they have yet to respond to any of my emails I have sent over the last few days. My issue: constant force closures. Once it starts, it won't stop until I reboot the tablet, and that only sometimes cures the issue. and when I say cure, I mean it works for another 5 minutes before it starts to crap out again. My issue seems to be a unique one since I have not seen any similar posts or complaints regarding this happening. Might be worthwhile to input what issue you are experiencing in this thread (if it is not already been mentioned), just so we can all be on the lookout for known bugs / issues. I started with v1.02, then OTA to v1.03 immediately after I first booted the tablet. I was immediately having issues, so I hopped on XDA and saw that I could flash other versions, one for the 'Chinese' (E3C5) and one for 'Global' (E3C5_G). No matter the version, I still have the same issue. Also, is anyone having NO issues at all with their tablet? (unfortunately for us, if you are not then you are probably not in this thread!)

It is possible that you have serious problem either in RAM memory modules or in eMMC storage.
Try this:
1) install app SD Insight (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ogic.sdi&hl=it), open it, select "MMC Card" in dropbox, I have this:

Manufacturer = Hynix
Model : HCG8e
Size : 64 GB
Manufacturer Date : Aug 2016

What do you have?
2) Install the following 3 apps and try to run a benchmark for each app, just to see if eMMC or RAM are defective or not. Do they properly work? Do they run benchmarks without problems?

SD Card Test (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.sdcardtester)
A1 SD Bench (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....a1dev.sdbench)
Androbench (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...da.androbench2)

3) Have you installed an external MicroSD? Eventually remove it.
21st December 2017, 05:59 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianquadcore

It is possible that you have serious problem either in RAM memory modules or in eMMC storage.
Try this:
1) install app SD Insight (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ogic.sdi&hl=it), open it, select "MMC Card" in dropbox, I have this:

Manufacturer = Hynix
Model : HCG8e
Size : 64 GB
Manufacturer Date : Aug 2016

What do you have?
2) Install the following 3 apps and try to run a benchmark for each app, just to see if eMMC or RAM are defective or not. Do they properly work? Do they run benchmarks without problems?

SD Card Test (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.sdcardtester)
A1 SD Bench (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....a1dev.sdbench)
Androbench (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...da.androbench2)

3) Have you installed an external MicroSD? Eventually remove it.

Thanks for the help! However, once the crashes start i cannot open an app again until i factory reset (reboots doesn't even cure it).. then by the time i have anything installed i get the crashes again. Im just going to assume its hardware and have already contacted GeekBuying.com about a refund / replacement. Of course they are taking their sweet sweet time. So far the response has been "You can factory reset to solve the issue'.. lol. Think i just want a refund and then to purchase from GearBest.com
22nd December 2017, 01:21 PM |#16  
Flag Cimahi, Indonesia

More
Expected mine to arrive tomorrow. Luckily, that's before Christmas Eve (since in my country there won't be any shipping activity on holiday).

By the way, is there anyone here who officially got a global firmware in packaging? I've seen some people do the unboxing and have confirmed no Chinese apps (except Teclast ones) at first light. Just my curiousity.
22nd December 2017, 06:17 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Italy

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedriVia

Expected mine to arrive tomorrow. Luckily, that's before Christmas Eve (since in my country there won't be any shipping activity on holiday).

By the way, is there anyone here who officially got a global firmware in packaging? I've seen some people do the unboxing and have confirmed no Chinese apps (except Teclast ones) at first light. Just my curiousity.

When I received the tablet, inside there was firmware v1.23, with only the 3 Teclast apps (TeclastOTA, Teclast Manager and AppLock). After upgrading to v1.31, I faced some issues with touchscreen due to ghost touch. I reverted back to v1.28 using NeedRom full firmware file, and I discovered that not only there were the 3 above-mentioned apps, but there were other 5 chinese apps that I simply removed using the following adb commands:

adb uninstall com.sohu.tv
adb uninstall com.UCMobile
adb uninstall cn.ninegame.gamemanager
adb uninstall com.pp.assistant
adb uninstall cn.kuwo.kwmusichd

These 5 chinese apps are located in folder /system/preinstall - so we can eventually reinstall them if we need them.
22nd December 2017, 11:33 PM |#18  
Flag Cimahi, Indonesia

More
Quote:

When I received the tablet, inside there was firmware v1.23, with only the 3 Teclast apps (TeclastOTA, Teclast Manager and AppLock). After upgrading to v1.31, I faced some issues with touchscreen due to ghost touch. I reverted back to v1.28 using NeedRom full firmware file, and I discovered that not only there were the 3 above-mentioned apps, but there were other 5 chinese apps that I simply removed using the following adb commands:

adb uninstall com.sohu.tv
adb uninstall com.UCMobile
adb uninstall cn.ninegame.gamemanager
adb uninstall com.pp.assistant
adb uninstall cn.kuwo.kwmusichd

These 5 chinese apps are located in folder /system/preinstall - so we can eventually reinstall them if we need them.

So..., those apps were not depending on which firmware it had back on, right? Ah, I forgot to mention those ones I mentioned also had English interface (including settings) initially.

Btw, why did you change back to v1.28 instead of v1.03(G)? Is something wrong with the latter even the fact that it's much bloatless?

Speaking of adb, I did use that tool intensely through Windows cmd (don't know how to use it directly). It truly comes in handy when trying to remove lots of bloatware on my budget phone (which is... Samsung), but then I realized it only removed files from user data, not the apk itself. So, when I did a factory reset once, those bloatware apps came back to life. Since knowing the fact, I've never touched that tool again (as it also has been rooted, anyway).
22nd December 2017, 11:50 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Italy

More
Quote:

So..., those apps were not depending on which firmware it had back on, right? Ah, I forgot to mention those ones I mentioned also had English interface (including settings) initially.

Btw, why did you change back to v1.28 instead of v1.03(G)? Is something wrong with the latter even the fact that it's much bloatless?

Speaking of adb, I did use that tool intensely through Windows cmd (don't know how to use it directly). It truly comes in handy when trying to remove lots of bloatware on my budget phone (which is... Samsung), but then I realized it only removed files from user data, not the apk itself. So, when I did a factory reset once, those bloatware apps came back to life. Since knowing the fact, I've never touched that tool again (as it also has been rooted, anyway).

V1.28 and other releases come with Chinese language, while v1.03 comes with English language.
I reverted back to v1.28 because there's not an official support for v1.03 and e3c5_g device, this firmware remains in the hands of Teclast technical support, only Teclast itself provides a link of the full .zip firmware. What about the future of e3c5_g series of firmware? Only Teclast knows....
Those 5 apps are really uninstalled, but logically they are installed again after a factory reset because that folder /system/preinstall is used by Android to install Oem software (really a no-sense with stock Android).
23rd December 2017, 06:14 AM |#20  
Flag Cimahi, Indonesia

More
Quote:

V1.28 and other releases come with Chinese language, while v1.03 comes with English language.
I reverted back to v1.28 because there's not an official support for v1.03 and e3c5_g device, this firmware remains in the hands of Teclast technical support, only Teclast itself provides a link of the full .zip firmware. What about the future of e3c5_g series of firmware? Only Teclast knows....
Those 5 apps are really uninstalled, but logically they are installed again after a factory reset because that folder /system/preinstall is used by Android to install Oem software (really a no-sense with stock Android).

I don't really get how Android operates..., but yeah. As long as they're still in system folder, they will come back again (after factory reset) automatically.

In the meanwhile.... My tablet has just arrived!! XD

---
I just recently switched it on, and when I check the build number on settings..., it turned out to be v1.02(G).

Which means I can't test out today's new update (v1.32) for now. ._.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171223_125737.jpg
Views:	494
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	4367763   Click image for larger version

Name:	20171223_131202.jpg
Views:	488
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	4367772  
23rd December 2017, 08:31 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Italy

More
Quote:

I don't really get how Android operates..., but yeah. As long as they're still in system folder, they will come back again (after factory reset) automatically.

In the meanwhile.... My tablet has just arrived!! XD

---
I just recently switched it on, and when I check the build number on settings..., it turned out to be v1.02(G).

Which means I can't test out today's new update (v1.32) for now. ._.

Test the tablet before upgrading it to v1.03, if it works well do not upgrade.
I am surprised to see that you have received the power charger, few users received it. Please post a photo of it, I need to know the manufacturer code.
I forgot to say, if the tablet works well, remove the film with the attached white tape, under it there is the real glass protector. Enjoy it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
t10, teclast, teclast t10, teclast-master-t10

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)