FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[TOOL] [LINUX/MAC] Nexus Tools 3.3 (Featured by XDA)

125 posts
Thanks Meter: 219

Post Reply Email Thread
Nexus Tools
Nexus Tools is an installer for the Android debug/development command-line tools ADB (Android Device Bridge) and Fastboot for Mac OS X and Linux. The script does not need to be downloaded, simply copy and paste this command into the terminal and run it to install ADB/Fastboot:

Code:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/install.sh)
and this command to un-install Nexus Tools:

Code:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/uninstall.sh)
Nexus Tools requires sudo privileges to install/uninstall the adb and fastboot tools to /usr/local/bin, so they can be run without typing the full directory. Nexus Tools is licensed under the GPLv3 license, and the source code is at the GitHub project below.

If you have a problem with Nexus Tools, leave a reply below or as an issue on the GitHub project!

GitHub Project
XDA News Article
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to corbin052198 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corbin052198 Ad-Free

5th March 2016, 09:38 PM |#2  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
New in Nexus Tools 3.0:
  • Cleaned up script code
  • Fixed udev list being installed on Mac OS X, even though OS X doesn't need it
  • Less output spam during installation
  • New logo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to corbin052198 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift corbin052198 Ad-Free
11th March 2016, 01:29 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 229

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbin052198

New in Nexus Tools 3.0:

• Cleaned up script code
  • Fixed udev list being installed on Mac OS X, even though OS X doesn't need it
  • Less output spam during installation
  • New logo

Hey, I appreciate your work mate. Nexus Tools has worked well on my Mac. Thanks for creating this tool set. Keep it up!
11th March 2016, 02:25 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by syintiphic

Hey, I appreciate your work mate. Nexus Tools has worked well on my Mac. Thanks for creating this tool set. Keep it up!

Glad it worked for you!
11th March 2016, 02:31 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
New in Nexus Tools 3.1:
  • Added smart remove (on Ubuntu and Debian linux, Nexus Tools will automatically check if the distro's ADB/Fastboot packages are present and allow you to uninstall them)
  • Changed udev rules list to automatically overwrite existing list
  • No longer installs udev list on Mac OS X (because it doesn't use it)
30th April 2016, 12:23 PM |#6  
Flag Vinon-sur-Verdon
Thanks Meter: 49

More
sorry to bother, but will this very useful tool be updated to the latest adb and fastboot versions ? afaik the last adb version is 1.0.35 and the current installed is 1.0.32.
thanks a lot in advance !
22nd May 2016, 07:46 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 124

More
I've installed it but the terminal still says -bash: adb: command not found
23rd May 2016, 02:23 AM |#8  
Flag Kuching
Thanks Meter: 4

More
where can i find 1.0.32? The adb version i have now is 1.0.31...
14th July 2016, 01:31 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1,269

Donate to Me
More
Any chance you can update the script to install ADB 1.0.36?

UPDATED: I downloaded the latest SDK Tools and moved the adb and fastboot binaries into the .nexustools folder and made the binaries executable using chmod +x on both binaries so now I have adb 1.0.36 and the latest fastboot
The Following User Says Thank You to 1619415 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 1619415 Ad-Free
28th August 2016, 10:23 PM |#10  
Unfortunately, Maps has stopped.
Thanks Meter: 1,541

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1619415

Any chance you can update the script to install ADB 1.0.36?

UPDATED: I downloaded the latest SDK Tools and moved the adb and fastboot binaries into the .nexustools folder and made the binaries executable using chmod +x on both binaries so now I have adb 1.0.36 and the latest fastboot

Hey, would you be able to send me the adb and fastboot files? I don't have Android Studio installed on my Mac and so I can't use sdk tools to update my adb to 1.0.36. Thanks.
22nd December 2016, 12:08 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by corbin052198

Nexus Tools
Nexus Tools is an installer for the Android debug/development command-line tools ADB (Android Device Bridge) and Fastboot for Mac OS X and Linux. The script does not need to be downloaded, simply copy and paste this command into the terminal and run it to install ADB/Fastboot:

Code:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/install.sh)
and this command to un-install Nexus Tools:

Code:
bash <(curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/uninstall.sh)
Nexus Tools requires sudo privileges to install/uninstall the adb and fastboot tools to /usr/local/bin, so they can be run without typing the full directory. Nexus Tools is licensed under the GPLv3 license, and the source code is at the GitHub project below.

If you have a problem with Nexus Tools, leave a reply below or as an issue on the GitHub project!

GitHub Project
XDA News Article

Thank You so much. You are a life saver. This is amazing. Looked all over for this. It was hard to find.

Thank You.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)