FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ultimate (Possible) Phone Specs: Share your thoughts!

61 posts
Thanks Meter: 6

By Iron_Overheat, Member on 12th November 2016, 07:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
CPU:
ARM 10nm FinFET LPP (2nd Gen) 64-bit processor
Frequency: 3Ghz, vast overclocking capabilities
Cores: Cortex-A75 Deca-core (only big cores)
Heat Output: Almost constant room temperature in every possible situation, except when enabling overclock mode

GPU:
World's first discrete mobile GPU: Nvidia M-Pascal GTX 1080M Ti GPU, equivalent to 50% of a full sized GTX 1080 Ti, overclockable

RAM:
Type: LPDDR4E
Size: 12GB
Speed: 4266MHz

Display:
Display Panel Technology: QD-AMOLED
Refresh Rate: 120Hz
Adaptive Refresh: Yes
ULMB: Enabled in Gaming Mode
Resolution: 5120×2160 5K WUHD/3840×2160 4K UHD/2880×2160 SHD
Aspect Ratio: 21:9/16:9/4:3
Brightness: 2000cd/m2
HDR-10 support: Yes
Dolby-Vision support: Yes
Hybrid Log-Gamma Support: Yes
Adobe RGB: 100%
DCI-P3: 99.98%
Rec 2020: 100%
Static Contrast Ratio: 5.000.000:1
Wide Color Gamut Display: Yes
Bit Depth: 10 Bit
Professionally Calibrated: Yes
Curved: Yes
Material: Sapphire (with flexible properties)
Bezels: Only top and bottom (for speakers)
Size: 5.7 inches
Response Time: 0.1ms
Pressure sensitive: Yes
Glasses-free 3D: Yes

Sound:
3.5mm Headphone Jack: Yes, with 6.35 mm to 3.5mm adapter included
Radio: Yes
Speakers:
Loud and powerful, crisp and clear hexa surround front-facing speakers
Frequency Range: 16Hz-22Khz
Dolby Atmos: Yes
DAC:
HI-FI Audiophile Quad DAC
Bit Range: 24 bit
Sampling Rate: 192kHz
Total Harmonic Distortion: >0.1%
Included Earphones:
Open-back, balanced, audiophile-grade in-ear headphones, with defined lows, mids and highs
Frequency Range: 15Hz-22Khz
Sound Isolating: Yes

Camera:
Sensor: (diagonal) 13.33mm (63.7mm², 12.288mm by 5.184mm) 3-Layer stacked CMOS image sensor with 1Gbit of stacked DRAM
Resolution: 24.8/18.6/13.9 megapixels (21:9 - 7680×3240; 16:9 - 5760×3240; 4:3 - 4320×3240)
Saves Images as: FLIF
Resolution/FPS (Video): 5120×2160@80fps, 3840×2160@107/105fps, 3440×1440@179/174fps, 2560×1440@240fps, 2560×1080@320fps, 1920×1080@427/426fps, 1720×720@714fps 1280×720@960fps, all in slow motion/real time options.
Flash: Quad QD-OLED flash (quad tone)
Pixel Size: 1.60µm
ISO Range: 1 - 25600
HDR-10 Support: Yes
Dolby Vision support: Yes
Hybrid Log-Gamma Support: Yes
Adobe RGB: 100%
DCI-P3: 99.98%
Rec 2020: 100%
Static Contrast Ratio: 5.000.000:1
Wide Color Gamut Support: Yes
Bit Depth: 12 Bit
Records loss-less files: Yes
Phase Detection Autofocus: Yes, dual pixel
Predictive Hybrid Autofocus: Yes
OIS: Yes
EIS: Yes
Laser Autofocus: Yes
Setup: Rotatable dual camera setup
All specifications above are valid for both cameras
Camera 1#:
Aperture: f/1.5
Camera 2#:
Aperture: f/2.5

Software:
Android Version: Stock Android O 8.0
Updates: All future updates guaranteed and immediate integration
Rootable: Yes
Unlockable Bootloader: Yes
Brick-and-bootloop-proof Technology: Included in Official Xposed Module
Vulkan API support : Yes
Google Drive Storage: 1TB of loss-less storage
Dolby Atmos: Yes

Storage:
Internal Storage: 32GB-256GB NVMe SSD
SD Card: Expandable SD Card slot up to 1TB + dual sim card slot

Cooling:
CPU, GPU and RAM are all liquid cooled, comes with a stylus that doubles as a liquid reservoir, tip detaches as female Nano-USB to male Thunderbolt 3 adapter

Battery:
Removable explosion-proof 6500Mah super-dense battery
Port: Thunderbolt 3 with Quick Charge 4+ equivalent

Sensors:
Semi-instantaneous fingerprint and iris scanner, accelerometer, gyroscope, infra-red, compass, proximity, barometer, thermometer, humidity sensor and heart rate monitor.

Networking:
WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ad, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
Celular Data Bands: All 3G, 3.5G, 4G and even 5G bands supported
Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, aptX, LE
GPS: A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
NFC Support: Yes

Extra Features:
Modular:
- Antennae for increased digital TV, radio and cell data reception
- Keyboard Projector
- 5120×2160@120hz laser projector
- QD-OLED 5000 lumens flashlight
- All components are replaceable/can be upgraded
- Ultra-Loud Hi-Fi Stereo Speakers extension
IP68 dust proof and water proof submerged in up to 50m for 24 hours
Official Protective Case, does not block module connections
Official Reinforced Flexible Sapphire Screen Protector

Price:
What it cost to make (including taxes) + margin of profit just enough to pay everyone who worked on it + margin of profit for industry growth. That's it. No exaggerated profits. After everyone's salaries are paid, the price drops.

Some explanations (part by part, in order):

CPU:
ARM's Cortex A75 cores are the most advanced (upcoming) mobile CPU cores, and some phones already feature deca-core setups.

FinFET LPP is Samsung's latest iteration of the 10nm manufacturing proccess, and supposedly brings about 10% increase in perfomance over the first generation.

I chose to only put big cores (A75) for maximum possible performance.

I decided to give the phone overclocking capabilities. No phone has that yet, but coming with an unlockable bootloader, a stock rootable android and a CPU that runs really cool, it would be a shame to not let fiddlers overclock this beast.

GPU:
With Nvidia making a laptop GPU as powerful as a desktop one (laptop GTX 10-series, plus it seems like a laptop GTX 1080 Ti is coming soon), I thought it wouldn't be much of a stretch to squeeze that into a phone, while shaving off 50% of the performance. Afterall, Nvidia seems to have taken interest in building processors for mobile, with the Nintendo Switch having one. And a discrete GPU in mobile sounds very nice, and it's overclockable too.

RAM:
LPDDR4E is the latest iteration of LPDDR4, and Samsung achieved 4266MHz with LPDDR4 already, and it's 12gb too (link).

Display:
Your first question might be why would put 3 different resolution with 3 different aspect ratios on the screen's spec sheet. Well, how absolutely amazing would taking advantage of OLED's flexible properties to make an expandable screen be? No more black bars on movies (most movies are recorded in ~21:9) + ultra-wide gaming, + still being able to switch to 16:9 for Youtube videos and TV series + watching old movies and TV series! No more black bars, EVER! Plus, retracting the screen will turn off a lot of pixels, so 4:3 mode can be used for extreme battery efficiency! The screen wouldn't be literally stretched all the times you clicked the dedicated button, instead it would de-roll a rolled up extra part of the screen hidden in the chassis, and push the bottom bezels apart to make room for the extra screen. So essentially, it takes advantage of OLED being rollable.

"SHD" stands for Small/Square-ish High Definition. Not the best name, but it was the best I could figure.

QD-OLED already is in research (sources here, here,here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here) plus recently Quantum Dot supplier Nanoco and OLED supplier Kyulux agreed to put their efforts on making QD-OLEDs a reality (link) (plus it's free of heavy metals and rare materials, too, so it's more nature friendly AND less expensive!).

2000cd/m² seems absurd at first, but it's actually what QD-LED TVs already reached.

There are already 4K phones (the Xperia Z5 Premium, for example), so I just stretched it to a 21:9 aspect ratio to make it 5K.

It's not using G-Sync, because the manufacturer would make a deal with Nvidia so that this GPU supports non-proprietary adaptive refresh. Apple's Ipad Pro has it (link)

21:9 phones are already in concept (links here and here)

120hz screens are in development too (link) (there's already a 120hz tablet: link)

The color spaces I made the screen reach are currently unheard of, but if you consider that QD-LEDs already reach over 90% of Rec 2020 (link), then 100% with QD-OLED doesn't seem too extreme.

The last time OLED's static contrast ratio was mentioned was at its beginning (1.000.000:1), and since dynamic contrast ratio isn't even a real thing, and all LG's being saying is that it's "infinite", I figured a 5 times increase in contrast wouldn't be too much, specially with HDR and how just from 2016 to 2017 LG's OLED's brightness increased by 25%.

In the production line, each individual display would undergo calibration with a spectrophotometer, in an automated process.

Why Sapphire instead of Gorilla Glass? Because Sapphire is naturally stronger than Glass, meaning even if Sapphire was undoubtedly weaker than Gorilla Glass 5, if Corning decided to make a "Gorilla Sapphire" (apply the same efforts to strengthen sapphire as they did to glass), then it would blow Gorilla Glass out of the water.

(most, if not all) OLEDs already have a 0.1ms response time.

Glasses-free 3D phones are already on the market (link).

All of this would be REALLY hard, but who know what they could do if they actually cared about us customers, instead of more profits.

Sound:
There was, already, a planned phone with quad speakers (link), although it was scrapped (the tablet version did come out, though). So I just made it even better with 6.

The LG G6 already has a quad DAC.

You might ask: why did I make the DAC only 24bit/192kHz, when there's phones with 32bit/384kHz DACs out there? Simple: It's a gimmick, it doesn't actually change sound, unless all your songs are 32bit/384kHz FLACs, which practically don't exist yet, and will probably take a few years until it becomes standard.

Camera:

All the crazy stuff about stacked DRAM, 960fps and etc. are numbers already achieved by the new Sony IMX400, their latest sensor.

Originally, the camera only recorded up to 5120×2160@60fps and properly scale down from there, which was already a big stretch, but then the IMX400 came out, and recorded 720p@960fps. This made things easier: that sensor could already do 5120×2160@80fps if it scaled the res/fps properly, but it didn't, so the only difference between that one and my concept, is that my concept has more res options (including 21:9 ones and QHD), and scales properly (I did the maths myself. Some scalings make undesirable frame rates, so there's the option to just go with the closest multiple of 60 admitting one decimal off). As hard as pulling this camera off would be, I still think it's possible if they really worked hard on it and cared about us customers.

Also, all res/fps options are both in real time AND slow motion, so you could record blazingly smooth 1080p@426fps videos, or super slow ones.

Also, I gave it all focus methods at the same time. kek.

Rotatable cameras already exist (link)

Software:
I thought it would be paradise if a phone already came with the option to be rooted, so there it is, although a form would have to be filled saying you agree to use it carefully just as you would in a desktop operating system.

The manufacturer would take the responsibility to bake every "extra feature" normally baked into a custom UI into an Xposed module, that includes the "gaming mode" business.

Also, the “brick-and-bootloop-proof technology” mumbo jumbo is just an algorithm that analyzes and stops any modification that will prevent the phone from booting/being usable, and if it somehow does, it recognizes the error and reverts to stock rooted image.

The manufacturer would promise to update all content immediately after an update arrives (for android and other software), and since it’s stock android it wouldn’t be that hard.

Storage:
NVMe mobile SSDs already exist in Iphones (link)

Cooling:
Also, there is already a liquid cooled laptop, so I stretched that concept too. There's also a liquid cooled phone, too, although very obscure (link) And having a stylus+liquid reservoir+USB type-c adapter combo just seemed so efficient and awesome to me. What would happen to the liquid when the stylus/reservoir is removed? It would work this way: removing the stylus requires pressing a button that would move the liquid to the empty space left by the stylus, whilst ejecting it. So the liquid would still be on the phone after you eject the stylus, now on the empty space where the stylus used to be.

Battery:
For such a powerful phone I gave it a 6500Mah battery (explosion-proof guaranteed because of Samsung screw ups, lol) (here's a phone with a 10900mAh battery. If that phone can have a 10900mAh battery, than surely they can fit a 6500mAh in this one).

Rest:
The extreme water proof limit was made up, expandability up to 1tb was made up, and 5G support was also made up. The particular modules were also made up.

I gave it loss-less capabilities in every aspect possible, but maybe it would be better to leave to such a skilled company the job to make a more efficient loss-less algorithm than FLIF, FLAC and loss-less video codecs.

The whole purpose of this phone is to be what the customer wants, not what the manufacturers and the CEOs want. It's not about profiting, it's about making the users happy, while making only the necessary amount of profits.

This was really crazy and goofy, but still, it was fun making this. Please share your thoughts: if you think it would be possible for now/near future, if not, then when do you think it would be possible, how much would it cost, how thick would it be, etc! Constructive criticism is welcome! Thanks for reading ;D

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
concept phone, crazy, future, idea, prediction

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)