FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Unofficial] [Port] [Alpha] Alcatel U5 4G (5044x) Recovery and General Talk

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By bb100dulski, Junior Member on 22nd August 2018, 01:57 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi! I have done many ports in order to make TWRP work on this device although it doesn't work to it's full potential as it doesn't read the internal or external memory/partitions unless you format it. I'm also leaving the stock zip file and stock SP flashable zip file along with the scatter file so you can thinker around it. I have tried my best and this is the best I've come to for now. I tried porting custom roms but unfortunately to no avail I was left with no choice but to give out. If there's anyone that would like to fix the TWRP recovery or compile it to this device then feel free to conatct me The phone hangs at Alcatel Powered by Android boot screen and does nothing when eg flashing the stock zip or any custom rom I tried to test.

Tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CxDF2pkdCQ

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...vices-t3379681

I would like to say thanks to all the developers that I've ported their recoveries and best of all luck to all the XDA members trying to at least have android 7.1 o this phone. Keep in mind that this is the Alcatel U5 4G model and not the 3G model. The 5044 model and not the 4074 model. WIsh ye all luck

-bb100dulski

Downloads

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/fd04...9h4/Alcatel_U5
Attached Files
File Type: txt MT6737M_Android_EMMC_scatter.txt - [Click for QR Code] (11.8 KB, 1004 views)

25th August 2018, 06:14 AM |#2  
Flag Davao City
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Wow! Thanks for trying to port TWRP to our device. I'm going to wait until it's stable so I can have root!
25th October 2018, 12:09 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechLoaf

Wow! Thanks for trying to port TWRP to our device. I'm going to wait until it's stable so I can have root!

In case you haven't rooted it already;

You can root this device without a custom recovery, if you get stock rom

You can take boot.img from the rom, use magisk manager to patch it, then flash the patched_boot.img to the device using SP tools
8th December 2018, 04:58 AM |#4  
Flag Montevideo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by user154

In case you haven't rooted it already;

You can root this device without a custom recovery, if you get stock rom

You can take boot.img from the rom, use magisk manager to patch it, then flash the patched_boot.img to the device using SP tools

Hi! You can elaborate please? I really appreciate your help.
Thanks!
8th December 2018, 12:04 PM |#5  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntassani86

Hi! You can elaborate please? I really appreciate your help.
Thanks!

First you need to download the stock rom for this device, latest magisk manager apk, and if you havent already sp flash tools, and mtk vcom drivers.

Install vcom drivers, and extract sp tools.

Then take boot.img from stock rom and magisk manager apk and copy them to the device

Install magisk manager, then open it and click install, pick the patch boot image option. Direct it to the boot.img you copied to the device, this process will generate a patched_boot.img file, located in the download folder (I think, I cant 100% remember but i think its in download, if not look in top level of internal storage, and magisk manager folder)

Copy the patched_boot.img back to your computer, put it in the same folder as the stock rom (ie where you found the boot.img file you copied to the device)

Load up SP tools and load the android_scatter file from the stock rom, uncheck all boxes except boot, click the location field for boot and load the patched_boot.img you generated with magisk manager.

Remove the battery from your device and then reinsert,
plug usb cable into the computer but not your device

Click download on SP tools

While holing vol down plug the cable into your device, keep holding vol down till the bar across the bottom on SP tools goes yellow. When the flashing process is complete a box will come up saying download ok, you may now unplug your device and turn it on.

If you now load up magisk manager it should say magisk is installed and you will have root
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to user154 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift user154 Ad-Free
14th December 2018, 05:13 PM |#6  
Flag Montevideo

More
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by user154

First you need to download the stock rom for this device, latest magisk manager apk, and if you havent already sp flash tools, and mtk vcom drivers.

Install vcom drivers, and extract sp tools.

Then take boot.img from stock rom and magisk manager apk and copy them to the device

Install magisk manager, then open it and click install, pick the patch boot image option. Direct it to the boot.img you copied to the device, this process will generate a patched_boot.img file, located in the download folder (I think, I cant 100% remember but i think its in download, if not look in top level of internal storage, and magisk manager folder)

Copy the patched_boot.img back to your computer, put it in the same folder as the stock rom (ie where you found the boot.img file you copied to the device)

Load up SP tools and load the android_scatter file from the stock rom, uncheck all boxes except boot, click the location field for boot and load the patched_boot.img you generated with magisk manager.

Remove the battery from your device and then reinsert,
plug usb cable into the computer but not your device

Click download on SP tools

While holing vol down plug the cable into your device, keep holding vol down till the bar across the bottom on SP tools goes yellow. When the flashing process is complete a box will come up saying download ok, you may now unplug your device and turn it on.

If you now load up magisk manager it should say magisk is installed and you will have root

Hi my friend, in first place thanks for your help and your time.
With your help i am happy with my rooted Alcatel U5 5044A. It is an after and before...
But was a nightmare, hehe.
I do everything step by step, and i rooted the phone but it was on sim lock screen and without chances of repair that.
After search, and try everything what i see, because of causality i download a firmware for the 5044D model and flash every again (with my modified boot.img) but using 2 parts of the 5044D firmare (simlock and secro).
Maybe i have an alien now, but with some magisk patches this phone is really very good for daily usage.
I am an iOS user on all my devices, and of course i jailbreak all them.
But that was a very cool adventure and now i get a very premium Alcatel U5 with:
- GPU Turbo Boost.
- Low-Ram Config+ for Magisk.
- S9 Emoji for Magisk (with Gboard).
- YouTube Vanced.

All credits to you!
Thanks for all and happy holidays.

PS: I take some images to show my result, but XDA says: To prevent spam on the XDA forums, ALL new users prevented from posting outside links in their messages. After approximately 10 posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thank you for understanding!
20th December 2018, 12:30 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntassani86

Hi my friend, in first place thanks for your help and your time.
With your help i am happy with my rooted Alcatel U5 5044A. It is an after and before...
But was a nightmare, hehe.
I do everything step by step, and i rooted the phone but it was on sim lock screen and without chances of repair that.
After search, and try everything what i see, because of causality i download a firmware for the 5044D model and flash every again (with my modified boot.img) but using 2 parts of the 5044D firmare (simlock and secro).
Maybe i have an alien now, but with some magisk patches this phone is really very good for daily usage.
I am an iOS user on all my devices, and of course i jailbreak all them.
But that was a very cool adventure and now i get a very premium Alcatel U5 with:
- GPU Turbo Boost.
- Low-Ram Config+ for Magisk.
- S9 Emoji for Magisk (with Gboard).
- YouTube Vanced.

All credits to you!
Thanks for all and happy holidays.

PS: I take some images to show my result, but XDA says: To prevent spam on the XDA forums, ALL new users prevented from posting outside links in their messages. After approximately 10 posts, you will be able to post outside links. Thank you for understanding!

Hi, I'm glad you managed to get it working in the end. Im sorry to hear you ran into some trouble along the way, to be honest this phone is my sons phone, he just uses it for games and youtube so it doesnt have a sim in, Im sorry I didnt anticipate that gaining root access in this way would cause such problems, but I will check at some point to see if I have the same issue. Happy holidays!
29th January 2019, 01:28 PM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bb100dulski

Hi! I have done many ports in order to make TWRP work on this device
although it doesn't work to it's full potential as it doesn't read the internal or external memory/partitions unless you format it. I'm also leaving the stock zip file and stock SP flashable zip file along with the scatter file so you can thinker around it. I have tried my best and this is the best I've come to for now. I tried porting custom roms but unfortunately to no avail I was left with no choice but to give out. If there's anyone that would like to fix the TWRP recovery or compile it to this device then feel free to conatct me The phone hangs at Alcatel Powered by Android boot screen and does nothing when eg flashing the stock zip or any custom rom I tried to test.

Tutorials

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CxDF2pkdCQ

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...vices-t3379681

I would like to say thanks to all the developers that I've ported their recoveries and best of all luck to all the XDA members trying to at least have android 7.1 o this phone. Keep in mind that this is the Alcatel U5 4G model and not the 3G model. The 5044 model and not the 4074 model. WIsh ye all luck

-bb100dulski

Downloads

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/fd04...9h4/Alcatel_U5

Hi I fixed(ish) your TWRP
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...5044y-t3894809
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
alcatel-u5

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)