FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Update your Moto with Lenovo's MOTO Smart Assistant (PC)

14,578 posts
Thanks Meter: 6,502

By sd_shadow, Recognized Contributor on 25th July 2019, 09:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Problem: Moto Phone will not update, even though you know that an update is available.
Solution: Moto Smart Assistant

Note: Device should be stock, unrooted.

Moto's description of options.
  • Device Management: connect device via USB cable or Wi-Fi, and then manage Pictures, Videos,
    Music, Contacts, SMS, Files Management, Back/Restore;
  • Flash: upgrade device system software to the newest release, and even can rescue device from software caused un-operational status;
How to use Lenovo Moto Smart Assistant

Download/Install Smart Assistant on PC and User Guide (Win 10/7)

Smart Assistant App
Optional (Needed for manage Pictures, Videos, Music, Contacts, SMS, Files Management)
The Following User Says Thank You to sd_shadow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sd_shadow Ad-Free

25th July 2019, 09:01 PM |#2  
Supported devices that can be updated.
Tested by me or reported by others
25th July 2019, 09:01 PM |#3  
Supported devices that can be Flashed/ rescued
Tested by me or reported by others
25th July 2019, 09:09 PM |#4  
Unsupported Devices
  • Older devices
  • XT1060 Moto X 1st Gen wasn't even listed as an option.
  • XT1768 Moto E4 ? flash was unsupported, maybe because the software was modified..
  • Moto Z XT1650 - Milad._.R

25th July 2019, 09:48 PM |#5  
saved also
8th August 2019, 03:56 PM |#6  
added some un/Supported devices
10th August 2019, 06:35 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thanks for sharing. Never bothered to download this because I didn't know it had so many features like clipboard transfer, only heard of it's "Rescue" option before. With Smart Assistant 4.4.0.12 my stock rooted Moto G6 (-6 version) the flash option says "Coming soon" with a small "Go Rescue" option in the bottom. It could be my computer or the root though, because I plugged in my Moto g 2015 Osprey with Ressurection Remix Pie and it says "Coming soon" for it too, though I'm not sure if that's the ROM's /root fault. I know the flash wouldn't work with root/ but thought it would at least show the option in the windows app for the stock g6.

I was looking for an alternative to RSDLite to re-flash my g6's current firmware since some have reported it fixing the widespread lag, guess manual is my only option.

Edit: It appears the Play Store link in the OP isn't the right app, I used the ADB method to install but just figured I would mention it.
The Following User Says Thank You to D412 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift D412 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)