More
have you enabled OEM unlocking?

16th May 2018, 06:50 PM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazabaza

have you enabled OEM unlocking?

Yes, I have. I downloaded the right stuff from needrom, when I start in recovery mode it's in polish language then I change it to english, but I can't make it work further than that, since I can't find the zip file I put in. I have no memory card, just the internal storage. TWRP shows only system and root folders, I can't access them on the computer.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

I was reading a tut again and I've done something wrong. It says "Find the Scatter File from the downloaded TWRP zip file, which you have downloaded. Rename the TWRP (.img) file to recovery.img. Now, on the flash tool interface, navigate and select the scatter file in the extracted folder of the Stock ROM (Download Stock ROM for your Vernee X Pro smartphone)"

I don't know what file to rename, and I opened the flash tool, selected the scatter from the twrp folder, then in that 'location' part which I have to select the recovery.img file I was selecting from the same twrp folder, and I think I have to select the one from the downloaded stock rom.

Could this be the cause I can't find SuperSu and can't back up or wipe cache?

I just rooted an old phone before thru some computer software. I want to root Vernee because I want to delete the VerneeLauncher (I'm using another one and don't want to have 2), and I want to install a custom rom when it's available. I'm new to all this but this vernee is slower than my motorola droid maxx!!! The camera sucks too.
16th May 2018, 09:30 PM |#33  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sikot

Yes, I have. I downloaded the right stuff from needrom, when I start in recovery mode it's in polish language then I change it to english, but I can't make it work further than that, since I can't find the zip file I put in. I have no memory card, just the internal storage. TWRP shows only system and root folders, I can't access them on the computer.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

I was reading a tut again and I've done something wrong. It says "Find the Scatter File from the downloaded TWRP zip file, which you have downloaded. Rename the TWRP (.img) file to recovery.img. Now, on the flash tool interface, navigate and select the scatter file in the extracted folder of the Stock ROM (Download Stock ROM for your Vernee X Pro smartphone)"

I don't know what file to rename, and I opened the flash tool, selected the scatter from the twrp folder, then in that 'location' part which I have to select the recovery.img file I was selecting from the same twrp folder, and I think I have to select the one from the downloaded stock rom.

Could this be the cause I can't find SuperSu and can't back up or wipe cache?

I just rooted an old phone before thru some computer software. I want to root Vernee because I want to delete the VerneeLauncher (I'm using another one and don't want to have 2), and I want to install a custom rom when it's available. I'm new to all this but this vernee is slower than my motorola droid maxx!!! The camera sucks too.

Its much simpler with a memory card. its useful, because TWRP gives you the ability to backup your rom and this takes up a lot of storage so if you are only using one SIM it makes sence to have one. I havent done this to the Vernee as I use it for Banking apps. But I have rooted several other phones so the advice is generic and you might want to do some more research.
This is how its usually done.

Copy supersu zip to your phones memory.
Put the TWRP file in a separate folder aned unzip it. You should have a file in there called TWRP.img. Copy this to somewhere else (eg a subfolder) so you dont get confused... and the rename this recovery.img. Copy the scatter file to the same folder. now select the scatter from this folder and flash the renamed recovery. Once completed sucessfully restart the phone and enter TWRP. In TWRP select install, you can select the memory location from there and flash supersu in TWRP. Pnce done. reboot. Once rebooted you need to install the supersu App inorder to make use of root.

My advice would be to wait until there is something to flash to make this worthwhile. I feeling is that unless Vernee release the sources there is little chance of custom ROMs in the near future and if they do its unlikely that they will make much difference to the camera. There might be some tweaked stock roms but again they wont make much difference.

Launchers take up little memory so having two should not make any difference. I hope this helps but at the moment I really dont think this is worthwhile at present. Anyway best of luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to bazabaza For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bazabaza Ad-Free
18th May 2018, 09:01 AM |#34  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 265

More
And remember that u can't copy SuperSu or other file in the internal memory or the Micro SD while the phone is in TWRP mode...

Quote:

I'm new to all this but this vernee is slower than my motorola droid maxx!!! The camera sucks too.

The phone is slow if you're using balanced mode in battery Settings. Personally I've set it on Performance and in LSPEED app I've set to Performance Mode too. Tha phone is different now, faster than before The camera is not great, I know. Outdoor pictures are fine anyway. Hoping for a new released rom soon in order to improve Camera quality...
The Following User Says Thank You to PYCON For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift PYCON Ad-Free
18th May 2018, 03:11 PM |#35  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYCON

The phone is slow if you're using balanced mode in battery Settings. Personally I've set it on Performance and in LSPEED app I've set to Performance Mode too. Tha phone is different now, faster than before The camera is not great, I know. Outdoor pictures are fine anyway. Hoping for a new released rom soon in order to improve Camera quality...

It is in balanced mode, I'll change that thanks!!!
21st May 2018, 04:05 PM |#36  
OP Senior Member

More
Someone has got some problems while making a call or listening to the music USING THE SPEAKER ?

My phone has a bad quality of the speaker, really poor audio
24th May 2018, 03:08 PM |#37  
OP Senior Member

More
Done several and several and again... several changes in MTK Engineering Mode to:

* audio (voice)
* audio (media)

without positive results I hate this speaker... Anyway I recovered my original MTK Engineering Mode audio settings in 1 second
28th May 2018, 07:51 AM |#38  
Flag burbank
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Hoping ot se oreo for this device.also lookign or at least better optimizations to oreo for this also hoping ahthe y tae advantage of he 6gb of ram on this device as well .
device.
6th June 2018, 01:26 PM |#39  

More
Problem removing root
I was given a Huawei phone, which is so much better than Vernee, and I will sell the Vernee. I tried to remove root thru SuperSu, but now the phone won't boot, it is stuck on TWRP forever. How can I install stock rom? I tried to flash it but there was an error. I need to put stock rom back to sell it. Thank you.
9th June 2018, 04:47 PM |#40  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:

I was given a Huawei phone, which is so much better than Vernee, and I will sell the Vernee. I tried to remove root thru SuperSu, but now the phone won't boot, it is stuck on TWRP forever. How can I install stock rom? I tried to flash it but there was an error. I need to put stock rom back to sell it. Thank you.

what error did you get when you tried to flash? The only other way would be to see if there is a TWRP compatable ROM out there....I havent seen one yet, but havent been dilligently searching either.
11th June 2018, 12:43 AM |#41  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazabaza

what error did you get when you tried to flash? The only other way would be to see if there is a TWRP compatable ROM out there....I havent seen one yet, but havent been dilligently searching either.

It says No OS Installed and nothing I flash works.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)