FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

WhatsApp bans WhatsApp PLUS users

822 posts
Thanks Meter: 657

By fiz:ik, Senior Member on 20th January 2015, 08:44 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
MOD EDIT: Please remember not to link to WhatsApp Plus APKs or download sources due to copyright issues (DMCA).

The time has come. The moody WhatsApp team does not like themeable apps with much more comfort for users than there own little app without customization options.

That's what you'll see

Quote:

Why am I banned for using WhatsApp Plus and how do I get unbanned?

WhatsApp Plus is an application that was not developed by WhatsApp, nor is it authorized by WhatsApp. The developers of WhatsApp Plus have no relationship to WhatsApp, and we do not support WhatsApp Plus. Please be aware that WhatsApp Plus contains source code which WhatsApp cannot guarantee as safe and that your private information is potentially being passed to 3rd parties without your knowledge or authorization.

Please uninstall your application and install an authorized version of WhatsApp from our website or Google Play. Then, you will be able to use WhatsApp.

Source: https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/105

I don't know if this thread here is "legal" because it is concerning WhatsApp PLUS.. but I just wanted to let you know guys

light at the end of the tunnel

R.I.P. WhatsApp+
Very sad of WhatsApp Inc., or should I say Facebook? I think it was ****erberg's idea to shut down the better brother of WhatsApp.
Very very sad, instead of partnering up and exchange features they kill one of the best app ever.
Normal WhatsApp wont be as good as the PLUS version... never.

Legends may sleep, but they never die.
The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to fiz:ik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fiz:ik Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 08:56 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Banned
Banned for 24 hours!!!!
Need help!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to neowolfx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift neowolfx Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 08:56 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiz:ik

The time has come. The moody WhatsApp team does not like themeable apps with much more comfort for users than there own little app without customization options.

That's what you'll see

Source: https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/en/general/105

I don't know if this thread here is "legal" because it is concerning WhatsApp PLUS.. but I just wanted to let you know guys

light at the end of the tunnel

Thanks I was about to create a thread like this, but then I've just seen your post.
Today I also have been banned for 24 hours because I'm using WhatsApp Plus.
Now, I have installed WhatsApp from the Play Store and I guess I just have to wait 24 hours before I can use it again.
See screenshot attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.png
Views:	14054
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	3125196  
20th January 2015, 09:03 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 657

More
I backed up my WA+ data and escaped the ban I guess, running the original version

But to be honest.... it's a weird feeling seeing the original whatsapp.. I don't know.. but the design and the functionalities of the original app aren't contemporary anymore in my eyes
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fiz:ik For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fiz:ik Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 09:08 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiz:ik

I backed up my WA+ data and escaped the ban I guess, running the original version

But to be honest.... it's a weird feeling seeing the original whatsapp.. I don't know.. but the design and the functionalities of the original app aren't contemporary anymore in my eyes

Yeah, you're right. I've used WhatsApp Plus with material design theme and it looked so awesome. The original one is just ugly

Edit: I honestly think they should have pushed a little message or a warning like "Your account will be banned in X hours because you may have violated our terms of service. Please install the original WhatsApp from the play store" or something like that.

Edit 2: I've wrote an email to WhatsApp regarding a possible unlock before the end of the 24 hours.
Surprisingly I just got an answer which is just a basic information about payment and stuff. Not a single word about the ban.
20th January 2015, 09:40 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,410

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army92

Yeah, you're right. I've used WhatsApp Plus with material design theme and it looked so awesome. The original one is just ugly

Edit: I honestly think they should have pushed a little message or a warning like "Your account will be banned in X hours because you may have violated our terms of service. Please install the original WhatsApp from the play store" or something like that.

Edit 2: I've wrote an email to WhatsApp regarding a possible unlock before the end of the 24 hours.
Surprisingly I just got an answer which is just a basic information about payment and stuff. Not a single word about the ban.

+1
I wrote them a nice long angry email, I find the ban to be ridiculous. They should have at least released a notification or something before handing out the ban. They're just pushing their user database.
20th January 2015, 10:42 PM |#7  
Flag Somewhere in Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 241

More
Got me too lol.. Oh well I rarely use it anyway and im sure alot of people will be upset about this.. The makers of whatsapp+ don't even charge for their work and ya still need a valid account with WhatsApp to even use it.. Either the official app starts allowing users to freedom of customization that + does or I'm taking my 99 cents elsewhere!!! Lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tower1972 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Tower1972 Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 10:44 PM |#8  
Flag Nijmegen
Thanks Meter: 2,320

More
I wonder what happens if you keep using whatsapp plus, perma ban or what? They will probably bypass it anyway again but will they give a harder punishment then 1 day? I would really miss all the plus features which you can't get on the normal version. Well 22:22:53 Hours:Minutes:Seconds to go. Thankyou Whatsapp
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wulsic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wulsic Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 10:46 PM |#9  
Flag Madrid
Thanks Meter: 119

Donate to Me
More
I send an email to [email protected] and that is the answer I've got
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1421790395105.jpg
Views:	17334
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	3125324  
20th January 2015, 10:54 PM |#10  
Flag Ankara
Thanks Meter: 10

More
too late. i'm banned
The Following User Says Thank You to Kutukcu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kutukcu Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 10:55 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1,410

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombatino

I send an email to [email protected] and that is the answer I've got

Yeah, I got that too. I called them and they simply said it's a generic email being sent to everyone who's complaining about their bans. I told them I uninstalled Plus and installed the regular version, they refused to lift the ban. It's "punishment" of sorts.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread