822 posts
Thanks Meter: 657

By fiz:ik, Senior Member on 20th January 2015, 08:44 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
21st January 2015, 08:20 AM |#101  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Thumbs down Ads
I also just read on the news that Facebook is considering adding advertisements to WhatsApp.
Seems like they're digging their own grave..
21st January 2015, 08:43 AM |#102  
Flag RAWALPINDI
Thanks Meter: 616

More
M still surviving :P
21st January 2015, 08:51 AM |#103  
Flag nairobi
Thanks Meter: 79

More
I ain't banned yet, so am gonna uninstall WA+ and wait for the fix
21st January 2015, 09:07 AM |#104  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazhd

Copied /Whatsapp folder from my old phone backup and inside, there's a folder called PLUS (which I don't think will affect anything), dated more than a year ago. Just a folder. Still got banned. I'm not running any modified whatsapp apk since late 2013. Speaking about it, since whatsapp 'read' that specific folder, isn't that privacy breach? such detection, very modified.

maybe if I rename one of the folder inside /Whatsapp/ , let say, My Neighbor Naked Collection PLUS, will I got banned in the future too?

just a folder and there's nothing modified on my whatsapp. nothing. zero. not whining, just wondering and sharing this bulls*** false alarm on my case. to make it worse, they reply the same automated email to me although I asked them to check any log on their end, or anything they got to prove I'm using a modified whatsapp.

13 hours to go. no big deal, except for my work related whatsapp group. they don't care about our priority right?

:thumbup:
So they are reading-detecting
/whatsapp/PLUS folder...
Hope someone working on fix reading this...
And yeah thats rediculous that you don't use whatsapp+ still getting banned.
Sent from galaxy y GT-S5360
21st January 2015, 09:29 AM |#105  
Flag ZH
Thanks Meter: 312

Donate to Me
More
I am using WA+ for years and I am not banned yet
21st January 2015, 09:31 AM |#106  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
how to uban
i think it will help u
www(DOT)apknexus(SPACE) .com/2015/01/how-to-unblock-whatsapp-plus-ofiicially.html
21st January 2015, 09:32 AM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I'm not banned yet..i removed plus folder and i'm waiting to see if i will be banned
21st January 2015, 09:42 AM |#108  
Flag Earth
Thanks Meter: 218

More
I got banned for using the original WhatsApp apk with meterial style.
Well 12 hrs till cooldown ends
21st January 2015, 09:55 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 160

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by niekschoemaker

I suggest we just all give them a bad rating, if we all do it we have a bigger chance of actually getting noticed

And the point is? We all used a third party app which is against the terms of service. It's like complaining to a car dealership that you can't go skiing with your car.
21st January 2015, 09:58 AM |#110  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Reporting from Italy, still on , no ban for now ^_^;
Btw, plenty of users always same chitchat blabla about useless things... wth care about material design , round avatars (ugly for me) ecc.!?!?!? >_<

I switched on whatsapp+ coz if u have amoled phone, u can set all dark themed ecc. and save battery! And if u are a little blind u can customize colors for high contrast ecc.,
Plus a lot of nice feature like see from userlist when contacts are online ecc. (things that was avaible on icq in 90s... that even now skype destroied on awful mobile client... -_-)
If the bigguys of whatsapp can do that in original version..no need to use modded apk , but noo hell, follow the flow of kids liking material design before do something good....blah

Chooo
21st January 2015, 10:20 AM |#111  
Flag area 51
Thanks Meter: 71

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by demlasjr

Thanks mate! The whatsapp I mainly use is the official whatsapp, but only with the design modified. I'm wondering, are they checking for the signature or only for hardly modified version. Mine have no features, but only new design.

I also read that some people who are still using Whatsapp+ got the counter reset until they installed the official Whatsapp. Since then, the counter hasn't started.
Mine is at 20 hours, even if I'm using OGWhatsapp on the banned number.

What design are you using?
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread