By fiz:ik, Senior Member on 20th January 2015, 07:44 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
20th January 2015, 11:16 PM |#51  
Flag Helsinki
Thanks Meter: 767

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilMayEmo

All your friends being on it, however, is really screwed up.

This is sad because only 4 of my 98 contacts are using Telegram. But fortunately 4 of those are people which i chat most so it isn't bothering me. They didn't know about Telegram until i told them about it and they also think that Telegram is looking better than Whatsapp.

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Decaf

I went ahead and installed WhatsApp and WhatsApp+ just for the ban. I appreciate the attention.

I appreciate you mate!

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Also what is funny... One of my friend was using Whatsapp+ almoste 4 months ago until she changed to normal Whatsapp. Now she has used normal Whatsapp from Play Store 4 months and still she got banned. And what's the reason? This:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladimir_carlan

You know what is the funny thing? They don't actually need to know their ToU to ban you. You don't even need to broke their ToU to ban you. Whatsapp ToU states very clear that your account can be suspended for "any or for no reason".

20th January 2015, 11:22 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 256

More
I started using Telegram too, even if there are few people using it.

However, I'm using a modified Whatsapp with material design (it's not Whatsapp Plus) and I'm not banned. On other account I'm using the (defunct) OGWhatsapp which wasn't banned either.

But...on a third number I tested Whatsapp Plus I am banned.

Don't you guys feels like "Hey! What are we paying for ?". If we pay for a hosting and goes down, shouldn't they just pay us ? We paid to have a service which they stopped working for us.
20th January 2015, 11:23 PM |#53  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 20

More
**** whatsa'p
20th January 2015, 11:29 PM |#54  
Flag Helsinki

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by demlasjr

I started using Telegram too, even if there are few people using it.

However, I'm using a modified Whatsapp with material design (it's not Whatsapp Plus) and I'm not banned. On other account I'm using the (defunct) OGWhatsapp which wasn't banned either.

But...on a third number I tested Whatsapp Plus I am banned.

Don't you guys feels like "Hey! What are we paying for ?". If we pay for a hosting and goes down, shouldn't they just pay us ? We paid to have a service which they stopped working for us.

Watchout mate, read this: http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/01...ficial-client/
I want to highlight to you one thing from there:

"Bans are occurring on at least one other 3rd-party WhatsApp client, WhatsAppMD, so it can likely be assumed that any usage of a 3rd-party WhatsApp client at the moment may get you temporarily banned, at least until workarounds are developed. According to the developer of WhatsAppMD, the fix may be as simple as changing the app signature to match the official app's. If that solution does work, you'll likely see it implemented shortly."
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zige For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zige Ad-Free
20th January 2015, 11:31 PM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawashima85

No sorry I want to say after delted app (whatsapp plus), can be a relation for my normal massage sent with whatsapp and server or same thing else of old whatsapp plus?

Sry i don't understand what you want to say.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilMayEmo

They don't give a crap about our data, they're facebook. It's just an awkward way for a company to say things. They should have just left it at you are banned for using 3rd party software. Which, actually, is in terms of violation, whether it is justified is another question. Freedom is a b**** i guess.

Just down vote them to hell, i'd be so happy to see that stupid app just fade away once and for all. I knew the moment facebook laid hands on it that i no longer want to be a part of it. All your friends being on it, however, is really screwed up.

Best thing is that they want to involve ads im whatsapp ( they are going to test it with favebook messenger first )

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zige

"Bans are occurring on at least one other 3rd-party WhatsApp client, WhatsAppMD, so it can likely be assumed that any usage of a 3rd-party WhatsApp client at the moment may get you temporarily banned, at least until workarounds are developed. According to the developer of WhatsAppMD, the fix may be as simple as changing the app signature to match the official app's. If that solution does work, you'll likely see it implemented shortly."

Thanks for the info m8
20th January 2015, 11:33 PM |#56  

More
Quote:

Thanks mate! The whatsapp I mainly use is the official whatsapp, but only with the design modified. I'm wondering, are they checking for the signature or only for hardly modified version. Mine have no features, but only new design.

I also read that some people who are still using Whatsapp+ got the counter reset until they installed the official Whatsapp. Since then, the counter hasn't started.
Mine is at 20 hours, even if I'm using OGWhatsapp on the banned number.
20th January 2015, 11:35 PM |#57  
Flag Helsinki

More
Still if developers find a fix and Whatsapp find way to block that fix too i think not many developers want to play that cat & mouse game. So i think that Whatsapp is gonna win this game, unfortunately.
20th January 2015, 11:36 PM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrypelZ

Sry i don't understand what you want to say.

I think what he is trying to say is that if he's deleting his whatsapp + will he be able to see his messages in the original whatsapp version.
My answer: Yes, whatsapp+ and whatsapp are using the same mechanism to encrypt and save your messages in a database on your sdcard so you can easily restore them when setting up whatsapp.
20th January 2015, 11:38 PM |#59  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
What's app please refund me my 99 cents.. Thank you
20th January 2015, 11:39 PM |#60  

More
Quote:

Still if developers find a fix and Whatsapp find way to block that fix too i think not many developers want to play that cat & mouse game. So i think that Whatsapp is gonna win this game, unfortunately.

I'm pretty sure they will win this game, but not the war. They will lose users. This is a great reason to users to leave the overrated Whatsapp. I always wanted to stop using it, but I couldn't due to friends.
20th January 2015, 11:39 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 147

More
Quote:

Hopefully not.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread