By fintina, Junior Member on 5th January 2016, 04:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th October 2018, 09:11 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSurf

Anybody have edison.zip? I need it.

Likewise. Anyone with a copy of edison.zip out there? I received a device that won't boot and I'd rather fix it than return it.

10th February 2019, 05:58 AM |#52  

More
It's been awhile - and I see there are some updates to unbricking this device. I'm coming back to fix my bootlooped device after seeing this youtube vid :
That said, I had extracted the edison.zip file and posted in a smart things thread : https://community.smartthings.com/t/...elay/40946/400

The edison file is here : https://mega.nz/#!UphkTLAb!t5KvopVZb...QHf9-USlr0_dFc

Good luck! If anyone knows how to get out of UBOOT and back to the ADB let me know please
10th February 2019, 07:02 AM |#53  

More
The information in this thread is very very helpful. The YouTube video I cite in my previous response is a MUST view - as that will provide ample guidance to unbrick your Wink Relay.

That said, I was stuck in an infinite boot loop - and it would load UBOOT over and over again. Through trial and error - this is what I did.
1. While your relay is LOOPING, cover up the Proximity Sensor and press the Top Switch Button.
2. Doing so should bring you to Recovery Mode
3. Wipe the Cache 3 Times
4. Delete and Reset Device 3 Times
5. Reboot device
6. Your Putty screen will start printing a bunch of gibberish.
7. Have the following copied to your clipboard : am start -n com.android.launcher/com.android.launcher2.Launcher
8. While your Putty is updating - keep pasting what is in line 7, and keep pressing Enter on your keyboard.
9. Hopefully, you will get lucky - and the Launch Screen will appear.
10. From there you can follow the rest of the guide in the aforementioned video.

Good luck!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)