FORUMS

Blackview BV9800 PRO Rugged Beast MAGISK ROOT REQUIRED

64 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By LGZACRO, Member on 13th February 2020, 04:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone,

I have rooted my last few smartphones and was always happy with it. Now I got new Blackview BV9800 PRO and I want to root it with Magisk. but as the phone is new, there is lack of information on the internet, Anyway, I have found some information, but it is not complete and I believe You, smart guys, can help me to root my smartphone

This is the information I got:

How to root it with Magisk :
Download your rom from : viewtopic.php?f=285&t=532354 (you can alternatively extract it with SP Flash Tool and WWR)
Download and install Magisk Manager on your phone : https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/rel ... v7.5.0.apk
Patch the boot image with Magisk Manager
Unlock the bootloader. (Wipe the phone! )
Flash the patched boot image with SP Flash Tool or Fastboot. (ONLY the boot image)
Reinstall Magisk Manager

This is what I did and what happened:

I installed latest Magisk apk from official sources. I opened the app, clicked on "Install Magisk", then via this app I downloaded the zip file, then tried to installed it via Magisk but got an error "Unsupported/Unknown image format".

Any ideas what have I done wrong? Did I have to flash boot image from the ROM, and not the one Magisk downloaded? P.S., the smartphone is new, nothing more then I written above is done to it (no oem unlocking, no usb debugging, etc).
The Following User Says Thank You to LGZACRO For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LGZACRO Ad-Free
13th February 2020, 04:11 PM |#2  
OP Member

More
RESERVED
16th February 2020, 09:56 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I let Magisk manager patch the original boot.img. After flashing it with fastboot or SP Flash the phone stuck with message that verified boot didn't accept the signature.
17th February 2020, 07:49 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Hm... Is there anyone who rooted BV9800 Pro successfuly and could guide us? 🤔
The Following User Says Thank You to LGZACRO For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LGZACRO Ad-Free
17th February 2020, 04:33 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
update fail.
I greet you, I accidentally deleted it when I updated, Nvram. on my phone. BV9800pro. It is possible to provide me with firmware recovered from a similar phone. I also posted on the forum at Blackview but without answer
17th February 2020, 04:55 PM |#6  
OP Member

More
Isn't there a full firmware download on Blackview website available? I thought I've seen it there
17th February 2020, 05:26 PM |#7  

More
update fail
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGZACRO

Isn't there a full firmware download on Blackview website available? I thought I've seen it there

Hello
Yesterday during an update, by accident, my equipment, BV9800pro, performed a complete formatting, "Full Format + Dowload", it seems that Nvram has also been rewritten. it is possible to provide us with a solution or file with this data, specific to our equipment. i need a original nvram.bin, and nvram.data, in firmware from Blackview site this its not exist..

if someone wants to help me, I send them a private message with their email address
17th February 2020, 07:46 PM |#8  
OP Member

More
My phone is not rooted unfortunatelly, if I can help in anyway (if there is a way) I would pull out the files for You.

Do You know how to guaranteed root BV9800 Pro without running into problems?
18th February 2020, 04:37 PM |#9  

More
Quote:

My phone is not rooted unfortunatelly, if I can help in anyway (if there is a way) I would pull out the files for You.

Do You know how to guaranteed root BV9800 Pro without running into problems?

who guarantees this?
rooting worked for me with that solution given to the PM. I wanted to install AOSP, but I found that the thermal image did not work anymore, there were some problems when previewing the video files from Facebook, and I gave up. from the mistake as I mentioned I format + dowload and delete all important partitions. nvram .bin si nvdata. Nothing works properly, TEE and Google Key are inactive, the thermal image fails, some applications are closed immediately. This is the experience with rooting and installing AOSP on the BV9800Pro
18th February 2020, 04:42 PM |#10  
OP Member

More
Oh man... Sounds bad... have You emailed blackview after sale support (via email, not forum)? No response from them?

And let's say I only root my BV9800Pro, will I be able to send You the files You need?
18th February 2020, 04:54 PM |#11  

More
Quote:

Oh man... Sounds bad... have You emailed blackview after sale support (via email, not forum)? No response from them?

And let's say I only root my BV9800Pro, will I be able to send You the files You need?

make total firmware dump and send the bakup , or nvram.bin nvdata.bin file,
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)