Blackview BV9800 PRO Rugged Beast MAGISK ROOT REQUIRED

Search This thread

LGZACRO

Aug 25, 2010
Hi everyone,

I have rooted my last few smartphones and was always happy with it. Now I got new Blackview BV9800 PRO and I want to root it with Magisk. but as the phone is new, there is lack of information on the internet, Anyway, I have found some information, but it is not complete and I believe You, smart guys, can help me to root my smartphone ;)

This is the information I got:

How to root it with Magisk :
Download your rom from : viewtopic.php?f=285&t=532354 (you can alternatively extract it with SP Flash Tool and WWR)
Download and install Magisk Manager on your phone : https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/rel ... v7.5.0.apk
Patch the boot image with Magisk Manager
Unlock the bootloader. (Wipe the phone! )
Flash the patched boot image with SP Flash Tool or Fastboot. (ONLY the boot image)
Reinstall Magisk Manager

This is what I did and what happened:

I installed latest Magisk apk from official sources. I opened the app, clicked on "Install Magisk", then via this app I downloaded the zip file, then tried to installed it via Magisk but got an error "Unsupported/Unknown image format".

Any ideas what have I done wrong? Did I have to flash boot image from the ROM, and not the one Magisk downloaded? P.S., the smartphone is new, nothing more then I written above is done to it (no oem unlocking, no usb debugging, etc).

Last edited:
Reactions: blumenkasten

blumenkasten

Aug 10, 2008
I let Magisk manager patch the original boot.img. After flashing it with fastboot or SP Flash the phone stuck with message that verified boot didn't accept the signature.

ryddk

May 12, 2012
update fail.

I greet you, I accidentally deleted it when I updated, Nvram. on my phone. BV9800pro. It is possible to provide me with firmware recovered from a similar phone. I also posted on the forum at Blackview but without answer

Last edited:

ryddk

May 12, 2012
update fail

Isn't there a full firmware download on Blackview website available? I thought I've seen it there

Hello
Yesterday during an update, by accident, my equipment, BV9800pro, performed a complete formatting, "Full Format + Dowload", it seems that Nvram has also been rewritten. it is possible to provide us with a solution or file with this data, specific to our equipment. i need a original nvram.bin, and nvram.data, in firmware from Blackview site this its not exist..

if someone wants to help me, I send them a private message with their email address

Last edited:

LGZACRO

Aug 25, 2010
My phone is not rooted unfortunatelly, if I can help in anyway (if there is a way) I would pull out the files for You.

Do You know how to guaranteed root BV9800 Pro without running into problems?

ryddk

May 12, 2012
My phone is not rooted unfortunatelly, if I can help in anyway (if there is a way) I would pull out the files for You.

Do You know how to guaranteed root BV9800 Pro without running into problems?

who guarantees this?
rooting worked for me with that solution given to the PM. I wanted to install AOSP, but I found that the thermal image did not work anymore, there were some problems when previewing the video files from Facebook, and I gave up. from the mistake as I mentioned I format + dowload and delete all important partitions. nvram .bin si nvdata. Nothing works properly, TEE and Google Key are inactive, the thermal image fails, some applications are closed immediately. This is the experience with rooting and installing AOSP on the BV9800Pro

LGZACRO

Aug 25, 2010
Oh man... Sounds bad... have You emailed blackview after sale support (via email, not forum)? No response from them?

And let's say I only root my BV9800Pro, will I be able to send You the files You need?

blumenkasten

Aug 10, 2008
Oh man... Sounds bad... have You emailed blackview after sale support (via email, not forum)? No response from them?

And let's say I only root my BV9800Pro, will I be able to send You the files You need?
I posted in their forum a detailed error report but the moderator deleted my post.
Don't bargain for help by them. :(

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I must root to be able ro do this, right? Does TWRP works well on BV9800Pro?
As I mention there's no TWRP available for this phone yet.

Reactions: Mstier25

james35888

Jul 9, 2010
I just rooted BV9800 pro yesterday.
You don't need to SP flash tool or others, just need adb and fastboot.
Quick steps:
1. set OEM unlock to allow
2. connect phone to windows
3. use adb to check if connecting. command: adb devices
4. using adb to reboot to bootloader, command: adb reboot bootloader
5. And then the phone will enter fastboot mode ( you could see small string at left bottom corner)
6. use fastboot command to unlock bootloader. command: fastboot flashing unlock
7. If fastboot program is waiting, please check windows device manager, there should be an unknown device, let windows search driver automatically. it needs android interface driver.
8.Using volume up or down to agree unlock.
9. If agree, all data will be disappeared.
10. Install Magisk manger
11. Download stock ROM from blackview forum. it is zip file. Unzip it and copy boot-verified.img to phone.
12. patch boot.img by Magisk manger.
13. Copy patch image file to windows
14. use adb to reboot phone to fastboot mode
15. reflash boot image file. command: fastboot flash boot patched file name (normally, I would put patch image file in the same folder of fastboot)
16. reboot (fastboot reboot) and reinstall Magisk manager

There are many Magisk root steps instruction in internet. You could refer to other steps, they should be clear than mine. I prepared lots of drivers and application. Finally, I only used adb and fastboot to root this phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20200220_121124.jpg
    IMG_20200220_121124.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 406

LGZACRO

Aug 25, 2010
I rooted it exactly like You and it worked perfectly! Thanks for auch detailed rooting guide!

By the way guys, I think we Should open the request for TWRP for BV9800Pro. How do You think?

james35888

Jul 9, 2010

zlatkomas

Oct 31, 2013
Huawei P40 Pro
hi if u have back up on your phone could u provide for me link. I had some problems with my loudspeaker and i thought its from the root, or software and i did full format and download. and now it show some watermark and probably is because i l deleted NVRAM.
i download already official version but didn't help ... thank u upfront.

Quick steps:
5. And then the phone will enter fastboot mode ( you could see small string at left bottom corner)
7. If fastboot program is waiting, please check windows device manager, there should be an unknown device, let windows search driver automatically. it needs android interface driver.
11. Download stock ROM from blackview forum. it is zip file. Unzip it and copy boot-verified.img to phone.
15. reflash boot image file. command: fastboot flash boot patched file name (normally, I would put patch image file in the same folder of fastboot)

There are many Magisk root steps instruction in internet. You could refer to other steps, they should be clear than mine. I prepared lots of drivers and application. Finally, I only used adb and fastboot to root this phone.

vinko2000

Oct 13, 2010
Seattle
hi if u have back up on your phone could u provide for me link. I had some problems with my loudspeaker and i thought its from the root, or software and i did full format and download. and now it show some watermark and probably is because i l deleted NVRAM.
i download already official version but didn't help ... thank u upfront.

Hi, I'm not rooted (yet) and my BV9800 PRO is having some issues with the loudspeaker, any media like YouTube or Spotify, play audio for a second or two and then just go mute, volume can be high but no audio at all, phone calls last longer but also go mute and have to go back to regular "ear-speaker" to keep listen to the other side. Are this the same problems you refer to? I can't remember if this happened after the OTA update tho. Thank you.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick steps:

Hi everyone,

I have rooted my last few smartphones and was always happy with it. Now I got new Blackview BV9800 PRO and I want to root it with Magisk. but as the phone is new, there is lack of information on the internet, Anyway, I have found some information, but it is not complete and I believe You, smart guys, can help me to root my smartphone ;)

This is the information I got:

How to root it with Magisk :
    Download your rom from : viewtopic.php?f=285&t=532354 (you can alternatively extract it with SP Flash Tool and WWR)
    Download and install Magisk Manager on your phone : https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/rel ... v7.5.0.apk
    Patch the boot image with Magisk Manager
    Unlock the bootloader. (Wipe the phone! )
    Flash the patched boot image with SP Flash Tool or Fastboot. (ONLY the boot image)
    Reinstall Magisk Manager

This is what I did and what happened:

I installed latest Magisk apk from official sources. I opened the app, clicked on "Install Magisk", then via this app I downloaded the zip file, then tried to installed it via Magisk but got an error "Unsupported/Unknown image format".

Any ideas what have I done wrong? Did I have to flash boot image from the ROM, and not the one Magisk downloaded? P.S., the smartphone is new, nothing more then I written above is done to it (no oem unlocking, no usb debugging, etc).
    Hm... Is there anyone who rooted BV9800 Pro successfuly and could guide us? ?

I posted in their forum a detailed error report but the moderator deleted my post.
    Don't bargain for help by them. :(

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

I must root to be able ro do this, right? Does TWRP works well on BV9800Pro?
    As I mention there's no TWRP available for this phone yet.
    Hi, rooted and installed twrp successful. In the beginning i thought from that could be the problem for the loudspeaker.and i factory restarted, and the sound come back with full potential,but it was last few day that pleasure and it started again. And i decided to download full rom and format fully and hopefully the problem will be solved. But it didn't. First i thought its software bug, second i thought the speaker need replacement. And if i replaced it won't solved the problem. Today i just sorted my problem.

How(my way how it solved the problem) i had that months this problem with the loudspeaker and i ordered new loudspeaker but i couldn't be patient and wait it.
    1. j need to open your phone until u get to the speaker check youtube video how to do it.
    2. U need some soldering knowledge and equipment.
    I just applied a tiny bit of little Lead Flux Cored Solder on speaker connectors and assembled it.
    Probably it was bad connection between the loudspeaker and the mainboard. If it continues same problem i recommend soldering with wire and it would be permanently solved.
    Just to remain u u don't need removed the speaker from the back case, if u do that u will need some supper glue to put it back.
    Soon i will upload some pics and video what i did and i hopefully u will find my explanation useful and solved the problem with many of you have same problem like mine. And i hope someone could help and send me a their backup, On my phone still show with this watermark Google and TEE on right top corner of the screen with some Chinese red letters: which means probably unregistered google or something after my full format
    Thanks u and good luck.
    Hi, I'm not rooted (yet) and my BV9800 PRO is having some issues with the loudspeaker, any media like YouTube or Spotify, play audio for a second or two and then just go mute, volume can be high but no audio at all, phone calls last longer but also go mute and have to go back to regular "ear-speaker" to keep listen to the other side. Are this the same problems you refer to? I can't remember if this happened after the OTA update tho. Thank you.