FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

ZMAX 2 (Z958) Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Official

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By dogginky, Junior Member on 21st December 2016, 03:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I m new and can not post a link. Should be able to pull on OTA. I had to call A TT and they pushed the update to my phone. Releasd Today by A TT
27th December 2016, 01:51 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Has anybody captured the OTA url? Like many I have one that I moved over to T-Mobile and can't pull the OTA without an active ATT sim.
30th December 2016, 03:36 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Been looking forward to this. I hope someone can help with OTA update link soon. I'm also not on ATT with z958.
5th January 2017, 02:07 PM |#4  
Flag Cedar Hill
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Over Christmas I tried a family member's AT&T SIMM and still couldn't upgrade. I wonder if the SIMM has to be in the phone for a few days?
5th January 2017, 04:24 PM |#5  

More
I activated old ATT sim card (https://www.att.com/GoPhoneWeb/goPho...=activatePayGo) for free and pop-it into Z958.
Had to try few time but finally was able to download the update - however, it couldn't install , phone just shut downed. Retried and same issue.

I can try again, but does anyone have any instructions/guide for extracting OTA for non-rooted ZTE ZMax 2 ? If so I can try it.
8th January 2017, 01:02 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
I have a ZTE Zmax 2 and would like to know what I can do to help get this OTA update out for everyone. It is being used on T-mobile currently, but I have a few old GoPhone ATT SIM cards that I haven't activated yet.

Let me know what I can do!

It seems this is the best way to do it: http://www.****************/2016/01/2...ndroid-device/

I will try again next week when I have access to the phone!
8th January 2017, 01:59 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus14

I have a ZTE Zmax 2 and would like to know what I can do to help get this OTA update out for everyone. It is being used on T-mobile currently, but I have a few old GoPhone ATT SIM cards that I haven't activated yet.

Let me know what I can do!

It seems this is the best way to do it: http://www.****************/2016/01/2...ndroid-device/

I will try again next week when I have access to the phone!

I tried the same several times - but couldn't find the URL.

Also have another problem, phone downloads the update (takes forever) but couldn't install it. It tries but just shuts down. And when I manually boot it, it says update failed.

So I'm hoping getting the OTA would fix this.
8th January 2017, 03:20 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejtank

I tried the same several times - but couldn't find the URL.

Also have another problem, phone downloads the update (takes forever) but couldn't install it. It tries but just shuts down. And when I manually boot it, it says update failed.

So I'm hoping getting the OTA would fix this.

I have read that the update is big (1.1 GB) so it will take awhile to download. Do you mind sharing the logcat?

I plan on following the guide but it would be disappointing to know that you have tried and nothing came out of it
11th January 2017, 08:29 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexus14

I have read that the update is big (1.1 GB) so it will take awhile to download. Do you mind sharing the logcat?

I plan on following the guide but it would be disappointing to know that you have tried and nothing came out of it

I'll try again when i get the phone back in week or two.
Let me know if you are able to make any progress
The Following User Says Thank You to tejtank For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tejtank Ad-Free
14th January 2017, 12:16 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tejtank

I'll try again when i get the phone back in week or two.
Let me know if you are able to make any progress

I will be attempting this this coming Tuesday when I visit my folks. I will update
The Following User Says Thank You to nexus14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nexus14 Ad-Free
14th January 2017, 06:13 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm not a tech or anything like that. I just wanted the update pretty bad like everybody else. I'm using my ZTE ZMAX 2 with a Tracfone account (I'm a light user).
I received the update last night by trying these steps...
1. I powered down the phone.
2. Removed Sim card.
3. I went into Recovery mode (Volume up + Power) (I held Volume up till I got in)
4. Wipe Cache Partition (it took a while)
5. Reboot Phone (Without Sim Card)
6. Go to settings, Att software update, and check for updates.
That was all it took. It started downloading, which looked like a 2 part download, because it temporarily stopped and started downloading again.
So good luck! I know it worked for me. I tried all week checking for updates till I got it last night using these steps! Doesn't hurt to try you might get surprised like me and start enjoying Marshmallow Madness!
**Sidenote... I noticed in Developer options, it has a setting for OEM Unlocking Bootloader!
The Following User Says Thank You to vmed9621 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vmed9621 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)