Thanks Meter: 0

By dogginky, Junior Member on 21st December 2016, 03:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th May 2017, 04:35 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by npatel555

i have ordered the atnt sim, will b in my hands in 24 hours. i will pull the ota links for all the updates that come on my phone.

Any luck?
11th June 2017, 03:54 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 58

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat

Any luck?

I'm guessing he didn't have any luck.
30th June 2017, 08:52 PM |#23  
Flag Apex NC
Thanks Meter: 852

Donate to Me
More
I really wish AT&T would make the update available for direct download. They're up to B26 and I'm still on B18 because it will not automatically download, even with a GoPhone sim.
10th September 2017, 03:36 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 351

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by npatel555

i have ordered the atnt sim, will b in my hands in 24 hours. i will pull the ota links for all the updates that come on my phone.

Yeah I also wonder if you had any luck getting the link...

Update

I found someone with an ATT sim. Her phone was currently not on. Didn't pay her bill by a week or so. She also had a small sim card but you can still use it. Just have to line it up right. At first it found nothing then after did its wait 24 hour thing. I changed day on phone to next day and made sure it was connected to WiFi and picked up a signal. After that it found it.

Also. The wifi dropped around 96%. I reconnected it and right after it rebooted on its own. And installed the update.

It seems fine. IDK I keep thinking I'm missing toggles in the pulldown menu. There's no toggles for vibrate. Is that supposed to be like that? Only the do not disturb toggle. Ten toggles total. Maybe I'm just used to having more.

Now if I can get rid of that ATT Address Book.
27th October 2017, 08:04 PM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
founn this information from ZTEUSA. I have note tried it and wont have time for serveral weeks to attempt it. Seems legit though as it requires calling ATT to push the updates to you.

EaglesKaRe USAPosts: 5 ✭✭✭✭
September 7, 2017 10:14PM

First, I must apologize for my comment about destroying my ZTE phone. I was extremely frustrated with not getting any update(s) since I purchased the phone. The real issue has been with AT&T in its entirety since not all agents were/are trained properly.

I did not read this post until after I resolved the issue with the software update push.

I want to explain what happened for other readers who might have similar issues. What you stated in the last post are correct! However, there is the best method to resolve the software update push. I am aware of the service life for most phones. However, when researching for the latest information on updates such as this Get Droid Tips*, that is when owners expect to receive the latest update(s) on their phone. Even if Android version 8 is out, we are aware that any latter version may not be available on such specific phone. For owners/readers, it is best to check their device information on the ZTE Support Webpage**.

I contacted ZTE with "Live Chat" and they confirmed what I knew all along. This phone was definitely four versions behind - as shown on the device support page. Only the phone carrier, AT&T for my service, can only push the software update. Finally, what made so much sense, even after what I read about the prerequisite to the software update, it was apparent that this phone missed the initial software update from build number Z958V1.0.0B18 to ...B19. Any subsequent request for the software update would result a popup message, "current software is up to date". Because the phone did not have the prerequisite build number installed, the phone remained unchanged. Armed with this information, I went to the AT&T stores.

I realized that the AT&T agents -- unsure of their titles given that they still represent AT&T -- were not helpful and/or knowledgeable on this particular phone. One store was only focused on sales and the other is an authorized AT&T store that does sales and technical support. Unfortunately, there were only two employees with the 20 minute wait time. I tried to explain about the research and method of getting the software update. The agent kept stating that "Software Update" function showed the phone has the latest update. There was nothing that they could do. Second, in order for the Software Update function to work correctly, the phone must be connected to the Wi-Fi service, which it was not on at the store. So I left feeling annoyed.

Yesterday, I contacted AT&T customer service representative, which elevated me to the technical support agent. This agent confirmed the required security protocols including a PIN number sent via text message before they could push the software update. With Wi-Fi enabled and the phone plugged in, the first update took about 25 minutes with Android version still at 5.1 and build number Z958V1.0.0B19. The software update push was supposed to continue in each successive version until the final update within a few hours. Today, there were no change. Contacted AT&T in the same process and they sent the software update push. It was immediate while I was on another phone. The software update took about 35 minutes with Android version at 6.0.1 and build number Z958V1.0.0B24. It has been a few hours now so I will have to contact AT&T technical support again. I suspect that after the update to build number Z958V1.0.0B25, it will automatically update to build number Z958V1.0.0B26, which is the latest update.

All in all, with the help from ZTE live chat and ZTE-USA discussion forum, for all the readers, it is best to check the data of the latest version for your phone before you contact the Technical support of your phone carrier provider to request a software update push -- be aware of what build number and current Android version is available for your phone.

Again, thank you all who provided some suggestions/inputs, which changed my attitude and outlook for future ZTE products. My suggestion is that ZTE Website continue to update information on all versions and state the correct method that consumers can avoid similar headaches/frustrations that I went through for over a year. ZTE should state that the function for all phones with "manual software update" from microSD card for specific phone carrier is not available and/or point to the location of the current software for the specified phones.

Have a pleasant day!!
2nd December 2017, 03:01 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Is there away to Update Z958 without an active AT&T SIM
4th December 2017, 11:02 AM |#27  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by utsc

Is there away to Update Z958 without an active AT&T SIM

Downloaded from ZTE USA to SD Card and installed
https://www.zteusa.com/zte-zmax-2-att
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to utsc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift utsc Ad-Free
4th December 2017, 03:37 PM |#28  
Flag Cedar Hill
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by utsc

Downloaded from ZTE USA to SD Card and installed
https://www.zteusa.com/zte-zmax-2-att

Yea! You're right, ZTE finally has posted the update zip! That's makes it easy. It wasn't there a few days ago.

Since this thread started being active a few days ago, I decided to sign-up with AT&T, pay $11 for a month of service and do the update online.

I was never able to get the AT&T update to work (even with the SIM) before I paid for service. ($11)

I was only able to do one update step per day (4 so far). Even changing the date on the phone, didn't get AT&T to send me the image. I'm on B25 now, probably one more step and I'm current (B27)

I seemed to have better luck turning off wifi when checking for new versions, then turning it back on to download.

Hopefully ZTE will keep the image online, but if you haven't updated yet, grab it while you can!
20th December 2017, 05:59 PM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeden

Yea! You're right, ZTE finally has posted the update zip! That's makes it easy. It wasn't there a few days ago.

Since this thread started being active a few days ago, I decided to sign-up with AT&T, pay $11 for a month of service and do the update online.

I was never able to get the AT&T update to work (even with the SIM) before I paid for service. ($11)

I was only able to do one update step per day (4 so far). Even changing the date on the phone, didn't get AT&T to send me the image. I'm on B25 now, probably one more step and I'm current (B27)

I seemed to have better luck turning off wifi when checking for new versions, then turning it back on to download.

Hopefully ZTE will keep the image online, but if you haven't updated yet, grab it while you can!

I have a ZTE Z958 running 5.1....ZTE (BUILD Z958V1.0.0B14) ....I d/l the official update to 6.1 on the site in an update.zip (1.2gb). I tried the recommended method of storage card update and FAIL. I tried forced update via Android recovery (power button/vol) and FAIL. I even tried applying update via ADB and FAIL. I'm not a total newb but geeze..any guidance appreciated. (also I don't have an att sim...my phone is unlocked with tmobile)

Error messages range from cannot mount sdcard to ...NOT a KS package...

Pics attached. Help and thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZTE Z958 ERROR3.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	123.9 KB
ID:	4365879   Click image for larger version

Name:	ZTE Z958 ERROR2.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	4365880   Click image for larger version

Name:	ZTE Z958 ERROR5.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	4365881  
22nd January 2018, 02:18 AM |#30  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointbob

I have a ZTE Z958 running 5.1....ZTE (BUILD Z958V1.0.0B14) ....I d/l the official update to 6.1 on the site in an update.zip (1.2gb). I tried the recommended method of storage card update and FAIL. I tried forced update via Android recovery (power button/vol) and FAIL. I even tried applying update via ADB and FAIL. I'm not a total newb but geeze..any guidance appreciated. (also I don't have an att sim...my phone is unlocked with tmobile)

Error messages range from cannot mount sdcard to ...NOT a KS package...

Pics attached. Help and thanks

I'm having the exact same issues as you, mine is also unlocked and being used on a Mexican carrier

Did you managed to solve this?

EDIT:

Select OEM Unlocking under developer settings and then update from the Settings menu and it should work
The Following User Says Thank You to porygon3000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift porygon3000 Ad-Free
7th April 2018, 10:16 AM |#31  

More
ZTE ZMAX 2 (Z958) | Android 6.01 | Baseband: Z958H01 | Hardware Vision: u02A

After the B26 Update I have audio problems. When I make a call I could hear the the other party but they could NOT hear me.

I then opened the voice recorder & recorded a test message & I was able to playback the recording with good volume.

However when I tried calling a friend again this time he is able to hear me well But I could not hear him ? !!!

I have already performed a full wipe and factory reset but the problem persist.

What should I do?

I went to the ZTE Test Menu

Type *983*2567336# to go to ZTE Test Mode

Type *983*0# to go to the Test Menu,

I selected Audio Loop Test
Handset MIC Test Failed
Speaker MIC Test Failed
Auxiliary MIC Test Pass
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)