Alternate of Google services?

Search This thread

veer.killerboy

Nov 14, 2012
jabalpur
So there are news of Google collecting Location Even With GPS Turned Off. But I was really thinking to abort using google services not because of this location tracking but also battery draining from google's wakelock which a serious issue to me as no matter what rom am i using playstore will always drain battery ... So i am thinking to go different alternative service i need maps so obviously i use google maps alot but i need its alternate app and same follow with sync service ( i can adjust it to manual no problem ) but i need those services which will not drain my battery and seriously those secret tracking services. If you want to make fun go away. If any dev or group can make alternate google services pls response here . I could be beta tester.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
There is already a project that goes along what you want. Search for microg (I think it's called) it limits the Google services and uses alternatives for others.

Here is the issue you will find. Android is made to use Google services and without it, a lot of things just will not work completely right. Like location based services.