FORUMS

Android Devices Unable To Maintain WiFi Connection

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By PeteCress, Junior Member on 29th June 2020, 02:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
  • I have four handheld Android devices and, currently, 3 standalone WAPs plus Verizon's FIOS router.
  • None of the four devices can maintain a connection to any of the standalone WAPs or the router for more than a half-second or so: they solicit the PW, Authenticate, connect briefly, and then drop the connection.
  • I normally have only one WAP, but added the two just to make sure the problem was not in the WAP. Ditto Verizon's router, whose WiFi is normally turned off, but turned on now for troubleshooting.
  • For the life of me, I cannot think of any changes I have made in the week leading up to the onset of this problem.
  • One of the standalone WAPs is an Orbi Mesh system, but currently with no satellites - the satellites having started to act weird with onset of the problem and therefore having been turned off.
  • I also have two instances of AndroidTV running: one on a Sony Bravia TV and the other on an NVIDIA SHIELD box. And, weirdly, both of them are able to hold a WiFi connection - but UNABLE to hold a Ethernet cable connection. Same appearance as the handhelds over WiFi: connection gets dropped, only almost instantly so the screen just kind of vibrates with the connected.
  • If I turn off all standalone WAPs, leaving only the WAP in the Verizon router, the problem persists - with the Verizon router's WAP on channel three and, according to the WiFi Manager Android app, no competing signal sources on channel 3.
  • The problem persists even with the handhelds within 10 feet of the various WAPs.
This started about a week ago. Before that, no problems. And I don't *think* I have changed anything.

Right now, the only thing between me and hiring somebody to troubleshoot the problem is the weirdness of the problem - and the fear that their billing by the hour could cost me too much.

Can anybody point me in some direction?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)